Jack Monroe #320 Guns N' Roses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd like to go through those archived blogs again, because I'd love to see where the city boy boyfriend who hosted fancy dinners in which Jack was sneered at (allegedly) fits in with the wider poverty.
Maybe Jack met him when she was working at the brothel?

• Haha
Reactions: 57
I'd like to go through those archived blogs again, because I'd love to see where the city boy boyfriend who hosted fancy dinners in which Jack was sneered at (allegedly) fits in with the wider poverty.
Him and all his glamour girl mates would feast in front of Jack, occasionally pausing to make her do animal impressions in exchange for a biscuit and when she complained they'd all cackle and say "should have shut your legs pov."

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Just making my way through Thread #42 now lads (I know, two threads at a time, I'm such a maverick). One thing to say:

Jack Monroe is a heartless witch

Have a lovely day! X

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
I don't know off the top of my head, but I guess it must be late 2012 or early 2013 (she came out publically in summer 2013). IIRC it was for a Southend Echo column, and at that time she was a freelance columnist but had not yet got the trainee reporter job - wasn't there some nonsense about how City Boy's mean pals bullied her for being unemployed?

Reactions: 21
Loads of people responded to this tweet, written by the Guardian (Australia) political editor, saying she should follow Jack. Thus far, she hasn't followed Jack.

Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 16.56.32.png

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Had a little image search for a new JM profile picture. I particularly like this one. From Style magazine back 2021. JM looking totes stylish I think you'll agree 👍 I didn't actually read the article but I think the answer was - set up Patreon and rattle your tip jar regularly.
Screenshot_20220608-165307_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Very much enjoying the canal’s alternative script for Gone With The (trapped) Wind I must say.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I just don't get how we're expected to believe she got to the point of eating/almost eating (depends which recollection of this lie you read) a Big Mac out of the bin, or unplugging her fridge with her family, SB dad's family and all the wonderful and overly generous friends she has all nearby. Like, it's laughable. She got carried away with the story and people have noticed. I swear she must think of the Before Times fondly, before her Tattle thread got going, that is. She got away with so much more.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Yeah Jack has a terrible time at dinner parties, she always gets sneered at. They’re one of those situations which always cause her bother, in exactly the same way.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I don't know off the top of my head, but I guess it must be late 2012 or early 2013 (she came out publically in summer 2013). IIRC it was for a Southend Echo column, and at that time she was a freelance columnist but had not yet got the trainee reporter job - wasn't there some nonsense about how City Boy's mean pals bullied her for being unemployed?
Was it City's Boy clique or Allegra's Cabal that popped their monocles in shock that Jack had a political opinion?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
My working theory is that she gave up a good job because she couldn't get her own way re: childcare and hours. Parents were angry because they got her the job and were also unhappy she was pregnant and chose to become a single mother, so she wanted to prove herself hence hiding poverty, or alternatively, much darker but at this point I think some people will do anything, she wanted to punish parents for not providing exactly what she wanted and needed at exactly the time she wanted. Money, childcare, unwavering support over her decisions etc. So she wanted to punish them.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Had a little image search for a new JM profile picture. I particularly like this one. From Style magazine back 2021. JM looking totes stylish I think you'll agree 👍 I didn't actually read the article but I think the answer was - set up Patreon and rattle your tip jar regularly. View attachment 1328046
The photo was from the Del Monte shoot in Nov/Dec 20, this is where I first got completely baffled by the ever changing nose

• Haha
Reactions: 39
My working theory is that she gave up a good job because she couldn't get her own way re: childcare and hours. Parents were angry because they got her the job and were also unhappy she was pregnant and chose to become a single mother, so she wanted to prove herself hence hiding poverty, or alternatively, much darker but at this point I think some people will do anything, she wanted to punish parents for not providing exactly what she wanted and needed at exactly the time she wanted. Money, childcare, unwavering support over her decisions etc. So she wanted to punish them.
My theory is that to add to this, she did go to the foodbank with her friend, but was spotted by church lady and then she got load of attention so then had to keep up the story and it has turned into the biggest big lie ever!

Reactions: 25
Was it City's Boy clique or Allegra's Cabal that popped their monocles in shock that Jack had a political opinion?
Oh god, that was a table full of Oxbridge graduates and Jack educated them about the Holocaust, didn't she? She was planning a tour of concentration camps, thank god she never follows through on any of her ideas because that would have been intolerable.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
I'm sure it was Allegra's cable who sneered at her when she was talking about finally understanding the horror of the Holocaust because she was planning to visit Auschwitz with her dad, or something. I think city boy's friends just thought she was common.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
The other thing that makes no sense is how she could go from too ashamed to ask loving family for help when it's really needed to shamelessly begging on Twitter when it isn't.
She’s definitely got some front. The shame she felt asking her parents for money is nothing like the shame she should feel for the Patreon scam.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.