Jack Monroe #320 Guns N' Roses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m grunking so don’t know where it’ll land but…I cannot imagine what’s going on for Jack. She lies to get attention and validation but then knows that her lies get quickly exposed, because she reads here, and then lies more to try and feel better through attention and lies. Imagine waiting for a journo who will forensically research and expose you. Sod that for a military around the edges game of soldiers. I feel guilty in case I get found out for taking my dog for a walk at 10.30 instead of 1 like my online diary says.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
It's so obviously complete and utter bollocks. There is no way that between Jack's benefit income, her parents and SBs family, sufficient food could not have been provided to ensure Jack and SB did not starve. On the one hand she boasts about her parents would always make a jacket potato and space at the table for a foster child at short notice but somehow couldn't afford to do the same for her and her son.
Every time this comes up as a discussion on these threads, I'm reminded of the Guardian article where she thanks SB’s dad and said he is the kindest, most decent man to ever walk the face of the earth.
i remember months ago, during a sabbatical from here, when I closed my old account, there was a post on Facebook (guardian or some other page, I don’t recall). Anyway, I said in the comments her story was full of holes - like that’s literally all I said, and there was such a pile-on that I deleted my comment.
those people think that means they’ve won the argument when in actual fact it means nothing of the sort. They were bleeping horrible, and one made a comment on my personal appearance.
i literally made one comment and that’s what I got. She stands for this and accepts it, and posts lies which they’re too blind to see, such as the SB’s dad.
which is it? He’s either a saint or he let his child live in a damp, freezing, dark home with no food.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
Back to the poverty podcast with SEB, she gave a nod to us 🙌 when she said her parents weren’t rich and just regular guys (despite what the nasty trolls on tattle say) - you can hear the grrrr in her voice when she says this. However, what I want to know, two things, 1. Has grandad DIED by the poverty 2. Do regular people own 3 rental properties, cos as a poor done good, I consider myself quite regular and I don’t even have one rental, who can I complain to?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
She says the reason she didn’t tell her parents was that they aren’t very well off and, presumably, couldn’t afford to pay for food for her and her son. We know this isn’t true, Big Dave was a senior manager at the Fire Brigade in Charge of at least 17 employees ( it was more but I’m too lazy to look).
Its bollocks anyway. I’m not nearly as well off as Monroes father but during lockdown I paid for one of my kids shopping for six months. You find out they are hard up, you dont feed them once. You keep feeding them until their situation improves especially if theres a toddler involved.
They couldn't afford to help her and her son, the probably couldn't have afforded to help their foster children. I know that there's an allowance for that but by all accounts (including an interview with big d) that doesn't cover all of the costs.

Reactions: 17
I've just listened to it as well, possibly a tattle myth. Glad that's been pointed out.

What I want to know is why she only promotes TT and not the foodbank that helped her?
I'm absolutely sure I've seen it, written by her own fair hand. Think the bit about being recognised by Mum's friend was in the same post.

Reactions: 10
Screenshot_20220608-160610_Chrome~2.jpg

From Jack's tweet I knew what squig had said before I even read it 😆 Of course her favourite moment includes HER.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Back to the poverty podcast with SEB, she gave a nod to us 🙌 when she said her parents weren’t rich and just regular guys (despite what the nasty trolls on tattle say) - you can hear the grrrr in her voice when she says this. However, what I want to know, two things, 1. Has grandad DIED by the poverty 2. Do regular people own 3 rental properties, cos as a poor done good, I consider myself quite regular and I don’t even have one rental, who can I complain to?
Granddad DIED during the Poverty. After the house sale, so Jack got to keep the Le Creuset she inherited until it was/wasn't stolen (delete as applicable).

• Haha
Reactions: 49
The other thing that makes no sense is how she could go from too ashamed to ask loving family for help when it's really needed to shamelessly begging on Twitter when it isn't.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60

“Daddy it’s just not fair, I want to tweet about being poor and down on my luck n all. Let me tell them you’re a communist Daddy”
I’m sure she sees herself as some sort of Scarlet O’Hara type heroine. I’ll never be hungry again!

Just a tip, marrying an old rich dude wasn’t so good for Scarlet.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I don’t understand how she is never questioned by her ‘fans’. Why are all the people who hailed her as the new messiah over her spite trifle not questioning where the recipe is? How can they just continue on with their lives without the life changing recipe?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
They couldn't afford to help her and her son, the probably couldn't have afforded to help their foster children. I know that there's an allowance for that but by all accounts (including an interview with big d) that doesn't cover all of the costs.
I think that interview gets misinterpreted quite a bit given the context.

Reactions: 13
If her parents weren’t well off and there wasn’t enough food then perhaps they shouldn’t have been fostering. We all know that there are people who use fostering just for the income (I don’t include her parents in that) because it’s not an insignificant amount of money.
Adoption is also an expensive process and it means you don’t get the money you did when uou were fostering. How did they afford that then.
Plus the extension etc etc

Also I often frequented a sure start in the middle of a council estate. If you were struggling they didn’t just get you to fill a referral form in, there are lots of different types of help they were able to give. Including free childcare, access to cheap fruit and veg, vouchers, help with benefits, help getting more qualifications.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
I don’t understand how she is never questioned by her ‘fans’. Why are all the people who hailed her as the new messiah over her spite trifle not questioning where the recipe is? How can they just continue on with their lives without the life changing recipe?!?
What about all the poors staring helplessly at their budget ingredients, waiting and waiting for the Chief Poor to tell them how to make the trifle. Tiny Tim leaning sadly on his crutch "Trifle mama?", Mama simply shakes her head in response "but mama, I am fading fast, please may we eat". It's heartbreaking.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Perhaps it's for her landmark libel action, so she can say 'look I don't make money off the poors, I give them free books'.
Is it normal to have that many copies of your book hanging around? Or is it because hardly anyone bought a copy?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Before all we know, she may never have visited a food bank. The food bank tale could be cobbled together from others' stories, and things she's heard/read in the media. Nothing would surprise me with Jack.
Until this afternoon I was always under the impression it was a TT she went to. I may be misremembering but I'm certain she's said before it was a TT. Because I'm bored (online meeting that I don't have to be on camera for) I've had a but of a think.
I agree with you Nottonightbabe, I think it's highly possible that she never used a FB. If this one is attached to her church than it is possible she was volunteering and stole the poverty story from some person (or people) who used it, maybe to guilt her parents or SBs dad (his daughter was born at the beginning of the poverty)
I've said before about her claims her parents couldn't help her and she was too embarrassed to tell them is bollocks. Even if she didn't own up to living with no light bulbs, she could still have asked her parents for a bit of cash. She could very easily say 'can you float me £20 I'm a bit short this week' rather than apparently letting her son starve.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'd like to go through those archived blogs again, because I'd love to see where the city boy boyfriend who hosted fancy dinners in which Jack was sneered at (allegedly) fits in with the wider poverty.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.