Jack Monroe #32 Shan't!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now THAT is the bathroom shelf of a severe hypochondriac if ever I saw one...
It’s actually stressing me out to see all those tablets! Mental illness and all that staring at you does not seem like a good idea!

Also maybe the issue here might be over medication. Chlorhexidine mouthwash for example will be causing more trouble than it solves at the moment, that stuff is basically pure alcohol. She can eat all the cold porridge she wants but if she’s using that her mouth is going to hurt!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
GPs are still working. How about rather than asking twitter you ask a professional?
Oh God no... every blue ticked medical prof will get tagged 🙈. I'm still feeling vet Noel's befuddlement from earlier 🙄

Reactions: 9
I had that after radiotherapy, it was crap. My whole mouth was full of ulcers and I couldn't swallow and it was too painful to talk.

I like to think I made less fuss than Jack.
That sounds awful, did they take long to heal? I imagine there's quite a risk of infections because of the amount of bacteria in the mouth. Hope it didn't last too long for you.
But yes I'm sure you did cause less of a fuss and got on with it like the champ you are.
Going through radiotherapy is no walk in the park 💪

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It’s actually stressing me out to see all those tablets! Mental illness and all that staring at you does not seem like a good idea!

Also maybe the issue here might be over medication! Chlorhexidine mouthwash for example will be causing more trouble than it solves at the moment, that stuff is basically pure alcohol. She can eat all the cold porridge she wants but if she’s using that her mouth is going to hurt!
Being Mrs Vague McVague, I really can’t look at large amounts of tablets, and i’m surprised one of her three therapists hasn’t told her not to do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I had that after radiotherapy, it was crap. My whole mouth was full of ulcers and I couldn't swallow and it was too painful to talk.

I like to think I made less fuss than Jack.
+1, I am sure you, like me and a million others with cancer treatments, just got on with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Cheeky bloody madam hinting at EDs when she did the cardinal sin of talking in actual poundage about how much weight she lost and how good she looked. I’m raging.
bleeping THIS. Her mouth ulcers might trigger bad things but chatting tit about how much weight she’s lost won’t? OH duck OFF

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
What an absolute prick. Anyone who’s been through or nursed a person through the insane pain radiotherapy etc leaves a persons mouth in would never compare it. Leafing through the cancer cookbooks indeed. You’d know all about it if you had anything close!!!!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
The replies on the thread are funny in that she's so ridiculous. She has literally tried every single suggestion they give... except for ANY of the very obvious easy foods youd go to if you struggled to eat.

Reactions: 14
Is this a tease her next cookbook will be budget slop for sore mouths?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
She’s literally copied and pasted her responses to people 6 times. Now she’s a bleeping expert on adhd chewable necklaces.

Is this a tease her next cookbook will be budget slop for sore mouths?
Slop on a bootstrap.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Thread suggestion - Jack Monroe #33 Jack’s back on twitter, what a surprise. We need a button to roll our eyes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Wouldn't you just make a milkshake (or smoothie bowl) from Oat Milk, ice and perhaps a couple of strawberries and nurse that over an hour or so? and then follow with an icepack from the (3rd) freezer for when the pain comes back?

It's what I did when I felt like I'd been twatted round the chops after the arthritis meds meant I developed a 5 inch abscess in my jaw and the emergency dentist (on a Sunday, no less) opened up one half of my face to clean it out before I developed Sepsis, rather than just pain, dizziness and a rapid heartrate to go with the raging temperature. You know, as you do, what with it not being anywhere near as bad as radio/chemotherapy side effects?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
omg just this, catching up on the thread and can't even be bothered to read her tweets (thank you to those providing them though, saves us having to expose ourselves to the source)
Agreed! Thanks for posting the shots #LipDownLarder

• Haha
Reactions: 20
That sounds awful, did they take long to heal? I imagine there's quite a risk of infections because of the amount of bacteria in the mouth. Hope it didn't last too long for you.
But yes I'm sure you did cause less of a fuss and got on with it like the champ you are.
Going through radiotherapy is no walk in the park 💪
I think it was about 2-3 months, tbh after a while it was all a bit of a blur -a bit like being in lockdown. For the first four weeks of radiotherapy (head & neck cancer, so six weeks radiotherapy) I thought I'd got away with it.

Lost a duck ton of weight though.

Jack sweetie, get yourself a PEG, that way you don't need to worry about eating.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.