Jack Monroe #317 Poverty Contrepreneur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Take a Jack!
I’ve fallen in love - with myself!
I thought I only liked bollocks in my sausages - until I met Harold!
I decked my wimp brother, at Christmas!
A white winger said “keep your legs shut” so I kicked him!
I bit a 50p size hole in my lip, but red lippy cured me!
I made a box - out of a box!
I fell down the stairs AGAIN - and forgot I supported QPR!
I was locked on a train- TWICE.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
It’s the overwrought doom which gives her away in the end, though. Like when RSM wrote about nipping out the car to get cash from the atm and it was all like “swarthy, dark-eyed men focussed their eyes on me. One, holding his knife aloft, it glinted in the evening sunlight which was rapidly fading as night fell....” she bleeping walked past a kebab shop, the batshit racist.
Urgh. I loathe all that kind of speech around young men in particular. My son said not so long ago 'Everyone hates us'. And it's true. I tried to explain it from a female point of view. But it's true. Everyone hates young males.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I’ve walked past so many kebab shops without incident. I’ve got on so many trains without incident. Even where ther has been an incident it hasn’t been anything like the “I could die/everyone clapped” levels of these clown shoes. At some point, you just think “fucks sake Monroe, just do a thing without any hoo har”

Aliens stole my tax returns
My Aunt Helen is DUST

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Literally wheezing at these magazine headlines. This is why I love Tattle and all of you.

“I went on Lorraine - with FILTHY fingernails”

“I slept through 12 alarms - on FOUR devices”

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I slept through TWELVE alarm clocks.
My cat was beaten up by MICE.

I'm turning into Kilroy

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I was hospitalised after applying Mac eyeshadow.

My GF left me after I made her dead dog yoghurt bowls (insert punctuation to suit).

Haunted by Soleros...all I wanted was a piss and a sandwich

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Chicken shops are where the real tit goes down.

ETA FFS. I can't get my fat sausage fingers to do a spoiler on my phone. Chicken shops are well known to be a place where gangs gather and recruit.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm roaring at these headlines! Jack would be perfect on the cover of Take a Break - her compo face is second to none!

I forced PARTY GUESTS to don SECOND-HAND HATS

Campaigner-Jack-Monroe.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Chicken shops are where the real tit goes down.
Not sure what the context of this is, but I would love to see JM put in a shift at Maccie Ds or a chicken shop, fast food outlets are where people of all ages come together to cause chaos. When I worked at a pretty TERRIBLE McD's there were rumours flying about the worst branches of McDonalds in the city (there's always at least one) - JM wouldn't last five minutes, lol

I'm roaring at these headlines! Jack would be perfect on the cover of Take a Break - her compo face is second to none!

I force PARTY GUESTS to don SECOND-HAND HATS

View attachment 1311435
*sadly pointing at Arthur's Seat*
I took a BLENDER to Scotland

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Letters page
Jack writes, "I was on the toilet when I realised I didn't have any paper! Luckily my son was there, and he came running upstairs... only to tell me that all his friends were on the phone and heard me howling and clawing!"
Editor's note: "Oops! Jack wins this week's prize: an Andrex Multipack"

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Top tip- if your child has a friend over at Easter, make them both a fun “Easter egg hunt” by wrapping mini chocolate eggs in tin foil, and hiding them in the garden! Hours of fun and cheap, too!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.