Jack Monroe #317 Poverty Contrepreneur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every Jack thread should have had a Take a Break-style title. 317 missed opportunities...

Love at Last: I Slipped Him A Smartprice Sausage And He Returned The Favour!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 113
Every Jack thread should have had a Take a Break-style title. 317 missed opportunities...

Love at Last: I Slipped Him A Smartprice Sausage And He Returned The Favour!
We MUST do this for the next thread #318 with whatever Jackccident happened in that thread 😊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Wasn't there some scandal with Linda and the awful ripper museum? Also, a hoo haa around the LGBT+ awards in Aus a few years ago?

ETA Sorry! I meant to put this behind a spoiler.
Yes Linda Riley is a friend of Jack AND the person behind the abhorrent Ripper museum.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Cripes!
Blue squig has featured before. Set up a Twitter account this May, has one follower, fights Jack's battles and generally arse licks.

1654112756845.png

Cu*t or cu*t?
She's also "devastated" about the Depp/Heard verdict.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
IDK what all this Caledonian Road tit is either. It’s the Cally. Bloody mockneys.

And yeah, as other posters have said you aren’t going to get a dress from a charity shop in London for a couple of quid. I’ve seen used designer gear that’s still priced at a couple of hundred. Charity shops are much more savvy nowadays.
I've been a charity shop afficionada my whole lifetime or so I thought until I ventured to various cities and excitedly visited chazzas in posh areas hoping to nab some bargains. Probably ten years ago or more, Oxfam Kensington, the cheapest item was a pair of £90 used jeans. A chazza in Clifton, probably another Oxfam, everything I liked was well out of my budget, even my new things budget, v disappointed, thinking I'd be coming home with unimaginable treasures, I hadn't realised that everyone has caught on to the joys of a good old rummage 🤣
And another boutique style chazza in Glasgow, can't remember the area, looked very chichi, thought I'm bound to strike it lucky, I actually felt like an undeserving skank fingering their beautifully displayed silken smalls (& way too small for me, I'd have ended up taking a knife to my overpriced charity shop... pants... da duck?!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
This is the start of Pride month isn’t it? Jack can’t come out as having an old Harold this month. I wonder if it’ll be like the Gingerbread thing where they say it’s ok she’s going out with a man, but identifies as a lesbian.
I don't know why she doesn't just come out as bi, so she can be victimized by both sides.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Take a Jack!
I’ve fallen in love - with myself!
I thought I only liked bollocks in my sausages - until I met Harold!
I decked my wimp brother, at Christmas!
A white winger said “keep your legs shut” so I kicked him!
I bit a 50p size hole in my lip, but red lippy cured me!
I made a box - out of a box!
I fell down the stairs AGAIN - and forgot I supported QPR!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
I've been a charity shop afficionada my whole lifetime or so I thought until I ventured to various cities and excitedly visited chazzas in posh areas hoping to nab some bargains. Probably ten years ago or more, Oxfam Kensington, the cheapest item was a pair of £90 used jeans. A chazza in Clifton, probably another Oxfam, everything I liked was well out of my budget, even my new things budget, v disappointed, thinking I'd be coming home with unimaginable treasures, I hadn't realised that everyone has caught on to the joys of a good old rummage 🤣
And another boutique style chazza in Glasgow, can't remember the area, looked very chichi, thought I'm bound to strike it lucky, I actually felt like an undeserving skank fingering their beautifully displayed silken smalls (& way too small for me, I'd have ended up taking a knife to my overpriced charity shop... pants... da duck?!)
The Cotswolds 🔺-ish is where it's at for posh charity shops, lots of small local charities that don't have the time to do ebay selling, they mark things up a little, but it's still cheap. We went for a day trip to one market town and got literally hundreds of pounds of high end baby clothes for less than £20 shortly before baby cucumber was born.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
The Cotswolds 🔺-ish is where it's at for posh charity shops, lots of small local charities that don't have the time to do ebay selling, they mark things up a little, but it's still cheap. We went for a day trip to one market town and got literally hundreds of pounds of high end baby clothes for less than £20 shortly before baby cucumber was born.
It's more proof Jack knows nothing of the subject matter and is a sneery snob. She really thinks all charity shops are dingy places, where everything is a quid. Even the more regular ones by me are like little boutiques.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Every time you mention baby cucumber I get cartoon love hearts in my eyes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Take a Jack!
I’ve fallen in love - with myself!
I thought I only liked bollocks in my sausages - until I met Harold!
I decked my wimp brother, at Christmas!
A white winger said “keep your legs shut” so I kicked him!
I bit a 50p size hole in my lip, but red lippy cured me!
I made a box - out of a box!
I fell down the stairs AGAIN - and forgot I supported QPR!
My pussy( cat) gets called fat.
I found love in Lidl thanks to my man
I dyed my clothes black, now I only wear colour.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Ooh good tip, I haven't been there for years but many moons ago got a beautiful Boden raincoat in a Cotswolds chazza , not a big Boden fan but it really suited me. Obvs I put on a shitload of weight and had to be airlifted out of it or somesuch drastic tight clothes chaos

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Wasn't there some scandal with Linda and the awful ripper museum? Also, a hoo haa around the LGBT+ awards in Aus a few years ago?

ETA Sorry! I meant to put this behind a spoiler.
There’s a lot of shady tit about Jack’s mate Linda. Here’s a Private Eye expose: https://imgur.io/a/fnI43o2

The entire world of diversity awards and organisations is seriously dodgy and doesn’t surprise me Jack keeps winning ‘awards’ from them.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I had a quick skim read over Thread 31. Oh, man. Great thread!

We never did get the Big Announcement from the sports bra pictures.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.