Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack, hi, you forgot to mention the podcast you did for The Telegraph too. Manifest that mortgage, pal!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Eta
There have been no burglaries in the past 12 months in her street
If the garage isn’t attached the house then it would be classed as a non dwelling burglary if that changes things.

Reactions: 16
Maybe Jack didn’t know they didn’t have another CCJ? Would that be possible?
I don't have experience with CCJs, but surely she would be keeping an eye on her credit score/report? It doesn't cost to do this nowadays, and given her claimed trauma over finances, and 'forensic' budgeting (plus desire to get a mortgage!), you'd think she'd be signed up to a site?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I don't have experience with CCJs, but surely she would be keeping an eye on her credit score/report? It doesn't cost to do this nowadays, and given her claimed trauma over finances, and 'forensic' budgeting (plus desire to get a mortgage!), you'd think she'd be signed up to a site?
She literally did a video with one of the big companies about how to improve your credit score

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
The lack of “global pandemic/economic woes/Ukrainian war” being put to Jack is because when she’s on the telly it’s as “domestic news/lifestyle/in the papers” slot. She’s human content filler.

of course Jack is too dim/basic/selfish/obsessed with blaming Tories for everything bad etc to mention it herself. Whelksplat.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Does anyone feel a Religious Jack incoming? Not sure if she’s done it before. Lots of “blessed” and the like in her tweets. Might be an AA thing so forgive my ignorance but I’m picturing a full-on spiritual awakening. (If it helps her with sobriety then I guess it’s a good thing!)
Shes already Completed It Mate. She was a Sunday school teacher in her late teens and possibly early 20s I believe. It’s a part of the Jack timeline I always forget about when trying to sequence things in my forensic little brain.

Reactions: 20
Maybe Jack didn’t know they didn’t have another CCJ? Would that be possible?
i reckon so. i think she went into that mortgage interview without checking her credit report & they did it in front of her & then it all came tumbling down.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
If it's Religious Jack, I really want her to go the whole hog. Revival tent, speaking in tongues, headscarves (again). Nothing half-arsed or just keeping the easy bits.

No judgement on keeping the bits of religion that work and binning the rest; I'm a fairly lapsed Catholic but St Anthony (patron saint of lost things) and St Jude (lost causes) do a lot of heavy lifting in my life 🥴 but Jack going full religious nut would be hilarious.
I'm also assuming you wouldn't need a stab vest whilst monitising said spirituality at Greenbelt festival so that would save space in terms of packing. Plenty more room for fancy coffee accoutrements and other assorted camping essentials, pig skin hats...I dunno?
My wife doesn't share my faith but on the regular will go full Olive from On The Buses lose her glasses and then screech "ANTHONY!"

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I think she takes a head in the sand approach to her finances which she can afford to do but means she probably has blind spots about her actual financial health. And she might feel like she's poor because at the end of the Patreon month she hasn't got much left, but given she supposedly does things like buy goat legs without considering the cost, there's probably things she could easily change

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Traumatised by bailiffs, laughing at the idea of inflicting them on others (an entity rather than an individual, albeit)
Yeah oh I made sure Katy Hopkins children were ok, yet she was cackling about taking the MP's house

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Tax don’t sell their debts to debt collectors
I’m afraid they do! I forgot to pay a tax bill and debt agency took it on. I had moved house and wasn’t forwarded a load of letters. I crapped myself when I realised what I’d done, was total brain fart

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I think she takes a head in the sand approach to her finances which she can afford to do but means she probably has blind spots about her actual financial health. And she might feel like she's poor because at the end of the Patreon month she hasn't got much left, but given she supposedly does things like buy goat legs without considering the cost, there's probably things she could easily change
An easy way to save money would be to order three McPlants instead of four. More top tips coming soon, please consider sending a Paypal donation, I do this for free you know...

• Haha
Reactions: 56
An easy way to save money would be to order three McPlants instead of four. More top tips coming soon, please consider sending a Paypal donation, I do this for free you know...
Have you considered pitching to Superdrug?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Just had a look at .gov they can take a variety of action (there are alternatives such as payment plans etc for those who engage with them)

Screenshot_20220531-192745.png

Screenshot_20220531-192734.png

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.