Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If it's Religious Jack, I really want her to go the whole hog. Revival tent, speaking in tongues, headscarves (again). Nothing half-arsed or just keeping the easy bits.

No judgement on keeping the bits of religion that work and binning the rest; I'm a fairly lapsed Catholic but St Anthony (patron saint of lost things) and St Jude (lost causes) do a lot of heavy lifting in my life 🥴 but Jack going full religious nut would be hilarious.
Jack appears at greenbelt festival

Reactions: 18
It is amazing the amount of talented, articulate, non combative cooks, writers, genuinely poor people with recent lived experiences and actual campaigners out there who are frequently overlooked. Jack benefits so much more than so many other people who would do a better job if only they were given the opportunity to do so.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
It’s readily available in my local Asda which just so happens to be Shoebury the same as Jack. Photos here from January - https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-249-smart-price-custard-denier.26816/page-21#post-8194934

Asda going along with Jack made it so much worse IMO
It was easy free publicity for Asda. They just stuck Smart Price on their website and made a song and dance about putting it in every store. No doubt some SP lines weren't being sold widely (because sorry Jack, but a lot of cheap food just doesn't taste nice. I suspect that, for instance, many customers would rather go without cola than buy the budget stuff?), but essentials like rice and pasta would have been everywhere already.

One thing that was quite gross was that some Asdas changed their layouts to put all the SP products together in a single display. I saw a lot of Jackolytes sharing this happily, but bleeping hell, people will feel so embarrassed to have to shop in the Poor Aisle.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
It is amazing the amount of talented, articulate, non combative cooks, writers, genuinely poor people with recent lived experiences and actual campaigners out there who are frequently overlooked. Jack benefits so much more than so many other people who would do a better job if only they were given the opportunity to do so.
So what can we do to change this?

Reactions: 18
And here everyone goes again, encouraging and enabling her. 😑 I can see why she spends all her time on Twitter, reality probably feels crappy to her now compared to this fantasy land where she has power and influence, constant praise. None of it is real, and when her bubble bursts, everything will come crashing down.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Hang on. Jack is getting paid for the tv appearances? Now I may be misremembering, but I thought she had previously said she doesn’t get paid for these?

• Haha
Reactions: 54
In fairness, they had removed a lot of smartprice items from the Asda website however they were available online. Happy to help! Therefore, poor people who eat rice/pasta “rista” who only shop online (which they can’t because they are poor according to SloppyG) and who can only shop with Asda, were facing a 344% increase on the price of rice. Happy to help!Also some items she went on to claim had been taken away, like jam or spaghetti, they were on the website but she was spelling smartprice (with or without a space IDK) but it was wrong. Happy to help!
You’re onto something there, Hotes. I fancy a bit of rista with sperbs. :D
We know everything is interchangeable (or she can’t remember it, can’t spell it, doesn't know what it means). Could be a new venture?
Portmanteau Cooking with Mooncake Jr (aka the Slopi Mixe).

I'm still bemused that Jack misread the ONS data and several news agencies misunderstood her misreading and wanged on all day about pasta, and the squigs just misread their own brains and bounced up and down, squeaking about libel. Exhaustipating! The people who matter- those who commission the research and carry out the analysis - can see exactly what a liabilty she is and will presumably stay well clear in future. (y)

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Isn’t banging on about late payments really quite relevant to other areas of her life? Hmmm? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Isn’t banging on about late payments really quite relevant to other areas of her life? Hmmm? 🤔
If she really was on the bare bones of her Mediterranean arse, then she would have chased the duck out of those late payments.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Traumatised by bailiffs, laughing at the idea of inflicting them on others (an entity rather than an individual, albeit)

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.