Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she takes a head in the sand approach to her finances which she can afford to do but means she probably has blind spots about her actual financial health. And she might feel like she's poor because at the end of the Patreon month she hasn't got much left, but given she supposedly does things like buy goat legs without considering the cost, there's probably things she could easily change
I mean, we don’t know the cost of a goat leg she didn’t buy in Croydon last month, but a Mcplant is what? 3.79? North of £15 if you buy 4

Reactions: 29
I mean, we don’t know the cost of a goat leg she didn’t buy in Croydon last month, but a Mcplant is what? 3.79? North of £15 if you buy 4
Don't forget the chips too! The first burger was bought in central London too, some have higher prices than regular McDonalds.

Reactions: 22
Hang on. Jack is getting paid for the tv appearances? Now I may be misremembering, but I thought she had previously said she doesn’t get paid for these?
Maybe she means she works for free because she simply fails to submit invoices…

<insert who bleeping knows pic>

How can we not know the price of a goat leg in Croydon? I feel like I’ve literally walked down the aisles of every international shop in the place with the amount of comments on here. Surely a frau must have gone into one of the shops Jack went to and enquired about the price 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Jack trying to rile The Telegraph is hilarious.
She may have a point. They may pay late, I have no idea, but the fact she thinks they are at all rattled by her squeaking is top entertainment.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
i forgot to make a payment on account and was hassled by HMRC via debt collection agency. Paid up straight away obviously!
I’m afraid they do! I forgot to pay a tax bill and debt agency took it on. I had moved house and wasn’t forwarded a load of letters. I crapped myself when I realised what I’d done, was total brain fart
Shows what I know then 😂 sorry for the chaos. But I think if it went to CCJ it would show as HMRC…. But I’ve been out of that world for a while

Why is she banging on about Cameron et al? Austerity isn’t current government policy and so much has happened world wide to affect food prices since then…. You’d think a literal food expert would be aware of that….

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23

How can we not know the price of a goat leg in Croydon? I feel like I’ve literally walked down the aisles of every international shop in the place with the amount of comments on here. Surely a frau must have gone into one of the shops Jack went to and enquired about the price 😂
The reason she needs an admin person or two is revealed at last. To open her post and send out hundreds of invoices 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 27
It's a twee thing that some posh and MC people do on Twitter, and in informal written comms in general. I do not know why they do this, other than I suppose it shows unacknowledged privilege - the blithe assumption that they can talk like Enid Blyton after a blow to the head and still be taken seriously and listened to.

Being able to get up on time for a commitment should cease to be a reason for praise after you've exited your teenage years, imo. Talk about damning with faint praise.
I hate random capitalised words with the fury of a thousand woolly suns. It is something you excuse in a 12 year old doing their very first secret diary, but not in a sentinent adult.

I once put a book in the recycling bin after two chapters because it kept doimg the important words in capitals (I'd bought it second hand so only wasted 60 pence)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Don't forget the chips too! The first burger was bought in central London too, some have higher prices than regular McDonalds.
Chips are included and so is a regular coke in the meal deal but I can assure you she knows squat about food if she thinks a mcplant is delicious

Tried one and never again. A decent burger but tiny and the rest of it just zero to write home about. Burger bun. Lettuce and rotten fries

Reactions: 18
Chips are included and so is a regular coke in the meal deal but I can assure you she knows squat about food if she thinks a mcplant is delicious

Tried one and never again. Based a decent burger but tiny and the rest of it just zero to write home about
The BK vegan whopper is far superior imho

Reactions: 16

Croydon Frauen - assemble! We need intel on that goat leg.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
The BK vegan whopper is far superior imho
You would be better buying a beyond meat patty from Tesco and eating some oven chips. I was so underwhelmed by that mcplant. I actually don't buy from McDonalds ever but I thought I would give the mcplant a go and it was rank rotten

Reactions: 13
You would be better buying a beyond meat patty from Tesco and eating some oven chips. I was so underwhelmed by that mcplant
Oh definitely! I love a BM burger. The Moving Mountains ones are great too. BK are decent enough for a motorway or hangover emergency though. Their fake chicken one is pretty good too.

Reactions: 13
I'm also assuming you wouldn't need a stab vest whilst monitising said spirituality at Greenbelt festival so that would save space in terms of packing. Plenty more room for fancy coffee accoutrements and other assorted camping essentials, pig skin hats...I dunno?
Exactly - win/win situation for Jack, no need for a stab vest when you've got the armour of the Lord (sorry Rev).

My wife doesn't share my faith but on the regular will go full Olive from On The Buses lose her glasses and then screech "ANTHONY!"
Our go-to is "dear St Anthony, if you please, help me find my bleeping keys".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
WTF, lads? I've finally caught up, but only because my OH (Mrs Ars? Mrs Cooper? 🤷‍♀️) has gone away for three days. I said it a week or two back, but I'll say it again. Having a pop at Jack right now is like shooting fish in a barrel. It's all too much, so I'll just stroke my own ego by making one or two small contributions to the greater universe that is Jack. Not spoilered 'cos it's all kind of on topic.

Footy! We've still heard no mention from Jack, have we? I don't understand the game, and I'm not interested in it, but video has landed in my family Whatsapp of my Liverpool nephew's 'Football Party' held in the runup to the big game last weekend. He's wearing the (appropriate) away strip, there is a lot of singing and dancing, chanting and much red paraphernalia. He's extremely excited, he's not had too much to drink and I can vouch for the fact that he is a lifelong Liverpool supporter. He'll be 3 in July.

Goat. I just did a quick search and this is the first result I found.

Goat.jpg

Make of that what you will.

Squig asking about what cheese is in the fridge.
'What's in the fridge?' has got to be an elastic concept in the crappy bungalow. I think the fridge tally is up to three ATM, including the very big one that lives in the hall, and there's got to be all sorts of stuff in there. She's always tweeting about something disgusting she's just found at the back of a shelf. And I've never been entirely sure whether the freezers she has mentioned are combined with the fridges, or separate. I suspect she still has a lot of frozen fish in there, and quite possibly some of the results of the 'Cookathon' a week or two back when she was cooking 80 recipes of 4-6 portions each for her 'shoot'. That's 400 portions of food. Did that come out of her £20 weekly shop? Where has it all gone? (We all know it hasn't gone to a foodbank/charity, cos rules). Holy crap (sorry, Gordon), it's just occurred to me, someone has had to spend a day or two 'shooting' it all and trying to make it look good. That must have been a challenge. I hope they were well paid.

And she slept through several media bookings this morning? Where were her phones? She says she has two. Surely they would have been ringing off the hook (metaphor, for younger fraus) with producers trying to get in touch. So she left them in another room so they wouldn't wake her up? She's an idiot.

PS. I'm not V brainy, but I love words. You know the concept of 'coffee table' books? We don't have any of those, (well, we do, but they live in the bookcase) we have a big fat dictionary sitting in front of us. And when Mrs Cooper(y) and I hear a word spoken on the telly that we don't understand, we look it up. It sounds desperately nerdy, but has provided us with much amusement over many years as we have learnt that so many people given a platform to broadcast their views to the nation have no idea what they are talking about. This is not a brag. As any mature frau or herr will realise, the older you are, the less you know.

Bless the lot of you for so much hilarity over the last year. x x

You know what they say: 🎶Things can only get better...🎶

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
Site says no charges levied against the company
Sorry to be annoying and asked for this to be spelt out but:
* it sounds as if this was for services, not goods? How do we know this?
* is it £507 or a five figure sum?
* is it against her as an individual or her Ltd company?
* of are these in fact two CCJs?

Super confused. I don’t know why we’re not allowed to post them if they’re public domain, CCJs are posted publicly so the general public can protect themselves from getting scammed by people who won’t / can’t fulfil their financial obligations 🤷🏻‍♀️ and tattle is all for consumer rights/transparency surely?!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I was thinking that yesterday when I watched one of the interviews. Rambling. Incoherent. Not like the Billy Big baws she acts on twitter.

I wish she would just piss off and get the help she needs. I would be hugely concerned if I were her sons dad. She clearly isn't looking after herself and she was more or less like this last year as well.

People have been enabling her for years now and that includes folk like Allegra and Louisa.
The making her eggs to settle her tummy as she was up all night wailing like a banshee. Louisa leaving nights out to pick her off the floor and I understand it can't be easy being the partner of someone with her specific issues particularly if she was relapsing

But this is part of the reason she acts like an infant. She has partners who molly coddle her.
And from her details about OH making her toasties, and whisking her away, she may have scored biddable another coddler. Oh dear.

Reactions: 23
I cannot speak for our Croydon frauen, but I made a point of checking out goat prices when Jack was on it, and it was very comparable per kg to lamb, which makes her obsession with lamb legs (and champagne) even funnier.

What I want to know is why she moved that Dishoom book seemingly half way through her interviews yesterday. I spy Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat on that shelf too. You don't have the range, Jack!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.