Jack Monroe #315 The man from the mortgage broker, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing with Chris Giles - she kept trying to explain to him something he patently grasped years ago. It is worse for poor people. It's like she thinks he doesn't get it 😂
And him going for her 'vociferously'? Not my recollection. He just patiently and intelligently didn't back down. She is not used to that.
(And I rarely comment on her looks but crikey she is looking like Steve Buscemi there).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
I thought the whole point of AA was that you stay anonymous so advertising to half a million people you are the secretary is a bit odd..
I don’t know what the secretary does in these situations but it feels very soon in her recovery to be taking on responsibilities
Especially as she's already working 100 hours per week.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
By the end, there was literal sweat on her upper lip and she seemed to be having problems standing up and keeping her eyes open 😬
She sounds like she's going to cry. Shaking and nasal. Why do they think she's a good person to interview?
Proper lolling at the books behind her.
Welsh bloke on now really seems to know his stuff. Why didn't they just interview him?

Reactions: 37
Ugh - warning klaxon 🚨 smol pixie has started doing the rounds with the media. I'm working from home today and have BBC five live on, and I heard a familiar nasally-whine! :rolleyes:

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
We have a gigantic TV in the work kitchen area, I sit with my back to it, imagine turning round and seeing a larger than life Jack on screen.

Send me cashos.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
I don't believe she has ADHD and I strongly believe she is either abusing the meds or they are totally wrong for her. She needs DBT but that would mean the deployment of insight into the root cause of her problems.
Cannot give this enough likes. Bang on on both the meds and the DBT. Not saying this is parallel to Jack in ANY WAY your honour but I had a friend who got a diagnosis privately from a friendly doctor in order to get access to meds which she didn't really need, started abusing them, they fucked her up big time. ADHD meds will duck you right up if your brain chemistry doesn't actually need them.

I bet her essay tonight is called "It's not about the graphs, Chris" or something similar. I note she didn't try to take Chris on on twitter. She only starts wars with less powerful squigs (you could evern describe them as 'people with less recourse to power' eh Jack) when she knows she can win.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
She had a cheek calling them belligerent! I’d like Sainsbury’s really to refute that statement- it could genuinely be damaging to their brand. She seems to kind of pick on Sainsbury’s, since the DC comment got her sacked.
If anyone has a case for libal it's Sainsbury's after jack claims they said they were putting up the price of basics and whatcha gonna do about it.

Maybe Sainsbury's didn't pander to her, unlike Asda, and dismissed her like the fraudulent fake stat twitter baiter she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
It would be really bleeping easy for someone to figure out where and when Jack's AA meetings are. For someone who allegedly had a stalker she sure gives out a lot of information about her whereabouts.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Jack's response to this highlights two issues I hold with today's prominent progressive left (despite being a leftist myself).

1. Once again her excitement is all based on her role in this, and not what it may actually mean to help people in trouble. 'I expect I'm going to have a busy day' - the sheer glee that she will be appearing on the news, in articles etc. outweighs any positivity about whether this could bring change for people. Performative politics for personal prominence are really, really, tiring to see. Plus how offensive to people to be effectively celebrating how expensive things have become.

2. She is obfuscating the issue with Chris Giles & trying to turn it into a 'gotcha' against him. He has never disagreed with increases in prices disproportionately affecting those less well off. She now can't accept the research doesn't back her up entirely because she wants to be 'right' against Chris et al, instead of having a fruitful discussion about how even if the increases follow inflation, those who are less well off are still more affected. And her followers will go along with it because its about proving Chris wrong, and Jack right, not about making a tangible difference to people.
This is so bang on @RevEd I think I'm a little bit in love with your insights

• Heart
Reactions: 43
It’s so annoying to hear her talk of this whole ONS inflation thing as a collaboration. I wonder how the ONS guy feels about that claim. What exactly was her contribution apart from saying stuff on twitter? The VBI index will never be mentioned again, no doubt. Never mind the stats haven’t backed her claim at all. A fact that the BBC couldn’t bring themselves to mention.

• Angry
Reactions: 46
How long will she be wheeling out John the aeronautical engineer? She clearly only spoke to one person on her food bank visit (and given it was a media appearance, I wouldn't be surprised if the BBC or whoever it was had an intern do the rounds of the food bank users until they found one with a fancy job title. John the supermarket worker wouldn't be so impressive, eh?).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.