Jack Monroe #315 The man from the mortgage broker, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People could tweet the lovely BBC lady about this, she gives her twitter handle at the beginning 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Yes. It’s not “normal” to do something you’ve done a hundred times before, while talking about a subject that is supposed to be your life’s passion, and be shaking and mouth breathing. She looked like she was about to keel over. I’ve been like that at work in my late teens/early twenties. It sort of feels like you’re disappearing, and spiralling at the same time.
Yes, I also used to experience panic attacks like that. It's horrible. In my case, untreated alcoholism was definitely not helping. Jack's already in recovery, so maybe she should look into something like beta blockers. And also maybe check her ADHD medication and her ADHD diagnosis. Those meds are vital for people who genuinely have ADHD but can be very bad for people whose diagnosis is maybe misplaced or the prescription is not quite right.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I try to avoid commenting on her appearance but duck me, she looks dreadful. Too many late nights?

Also...

Screenshot_20220530-120637_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 59
STOP IT! What do I need to remind you of to jolt you out of this V? How she treats Pets? Her Kid? Random squigs?
I think it's just the second-hand embarrassment of seeing someone so completely out of their depth. It'll pass.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Just watched the clip.

Terrible and very unprofessional.

Although… New teeth???

Reactions: 33
Yes, I also used to experience panic attacks like that. It's horrible. In my case, untreated alcoholism was definitely not helping. Jack's already in recovery, so maybe she should look into something like beta blockers. And also maybe check her ADHD medication and her ADHD diagnosis. Those meds are vital for people who genuinely have ADHD but can be very bad for people whose diagnosis is maybe misplaced or the prescription is not quite right.
I don't believe she has ADHD and I strongly believe she is either abusing the meds or they are totally wrong for her. She needs DBT but that would mean the deployment of insight into the root cause of her problems.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Even watching it with the sound off you can tell she's whizzing her tits off.
Someone needs to have a word. Turning up on the telly off your tits in your early twenties is something that can be written off as youthful hi-jinks but post 30 it looks more like you need serious help.

• Sad
Reactions: 52
I thought the whole point of AA was that you stay anonymous so advertising to half a million people you are the secretary is a bit odd..
I don’t know what the secretary does in these situations but it feels very soon in her recovery to be taking on responsibilities

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I think it's just the second-hand embarrassment of seeing someone so completely out of their depth. It'll pass.
I hear ya, it’s an uncomfortable watch - but give her 5 seconds and she’ll be all burty big bollocks on twitter and that shitting dog will be long forgotten.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Jack's response to this highlights two issues I hold with today's prominent progressive left (despite being a leftist myself).

1. Once again her excitement is all based on her role in this, and not what it may actually mean to help people in trouble. 'I expect I'm going to have a busy day' - the sheer glee that she will be appearing on the news, in articles etc. outweighs any positivity about whether this could bring change for people. Performative politics for personal prominence are really, really, tiring to see. Plus how offensive to people to be effectively celebrating how expensive things have become.

2. She is obfuscating the issue with Chris Giles & trying to turn it into a 'gotcha' against him. He has never disagreed with increases in prices disproportionately affecting those less well off. She now can't accept the research doesn't back her up entirely because she wants to be 'right' against Chris et al, instead of having a fruitful discussion about how even if the increases follow inflation, those who are less well off are still more affected. And her followers will go along with it because its about proving Chris wrong, and Jack right, not about making a tangible difference to people.

• Heart
Reactions: 105
I thought the whole point of AA was that you stay anonymous so advertising to half a million people you are the secretary is a bit odd..
I don’t know what the secretary does in these situations but it feels very soon in her recovery to be taking on responsibilities
Thank goodness she's not the treasurer, though, eh?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Please can the government get a grip on the cost of living crisis if only to make sure we never have to see or hear from Jack Monroe ever again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I don't believe she has ADHD and I strongly believe she is either abusing the meds or they are totally wrong for her. She needs DBT but that would mean the deployment of insight into the root cause of her problems.
💯 agree.

And that interview just confirms it.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Here's the guidance from AA website
Screenshot_20220530-120328.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.