Jack Monroe #314 Take care on the stairs you pretend to fall down repeatedly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
E110BAA1-93E2-4C10-AFD6-116EFCEC7671.jpeg

Oh Dear squigg asked why Jack had replies turned off. This was the responses from one Jack fan. Other fans are going off on how Oh Dear is crappy, a ghoul, a twit and being a horrible troll to Jack. All they did was ask a question?! Oh Dear squigg may not have views I agree on from a brief look at their profile but the response they’ve received from Jack fans to a simple question is ridiculous.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 68
New here too and poking my head above parapet to say these threads are hilarious and I've been absorbed for WEEKS grunking (did I do it right?!) from the beginning. In general, I'm confused as to how she seems to have been given opportunity after opportunity, had a niche she could have made a go at and made a real difference, but it all seems to have come to very little? Just a muddle of vague goals, unfinished projects and no tangible results for the people she claims to 'uphold'. She's probably got a decent income trickling through, but at what cost? Living her life 'vicariously' through social media is clearly having a damaging effect on her and feeding her narcissism, and I shudder to think how disparate her online persona must be to the real life Jack. After finishing each thread I am left with the same question, which I feel would solve all of her purported problems:

Why doesn't she just get a JOB?!?
I have friends like this irl, doing their chosen artisan self employed thang whilst getting everyone else to support their lifestyle choice including looking after their kids for them so they can do their dream job without any extra cost to them.
Proper grinds my gears as a salaried working *single mum with multiple disabilities and mental health issues, neuro diversity, Nd children etc...(just joining the labels game 😉)
They do regular shout outs on sm etc asking for help, crowd funders, being horrible to grandparents, in laws etc if they're not available to have their kids

Probably (definitely) I'm a bit jealous tbh, If I could do my dream job and make it pay, I would do it for sure. It's not really my business but still annoys me when they're crying poverty, especially when they do it to me, every day is a struggle for me, just getting out of bed causes me pain and I'm in pain 24/7 despite everything I do each day to keep things going.

A few times when my self employed friends are bemoaning their sitch to me, I've suggested get a job that pays a regular wage , even if just temporarily to get back on an even keel, get on top of everything and get help towards childcare and the like
whenever I've said something like this it's been met with anger and responses like 'why should I give up my dream job?'
I know 'it takes a village' but it feels disingenuous to complain about the struggle if you're not willing to compromise.
Sometimes it's not me suggesting they get a job but they complain to me that other people, family and friends have suggested it and they're upset and affronted.

I do understand the joy of being able to make your hobby or skill into your actual job. I have had jobs when younger where I was absolutely buzzing and overjoyed to go into work each day so I don't resent people doing their dream job, it's just the moaning and guilt tripping bit I hate.

I think jack falls into the group of those who choose to be self employed because they are unable to work in a team, don't like being accountable and are unable to take instruction/ direction from anyone else.

I prefer a regular wage partly because I personally couldn't cope with the headache of juggling different income every month, plus permanent job with salary feels safer for me because my fluctuating health leaves me in a precarious position and I need more job security.

*single as in paying for everything for me and my kids, no partner, no family support, a mortgage etc and dealing with it on my own with extra barriers.
When the kids are with their other parent my responsibilities and challenges don't magically disappear. Lots of my childfree time goes on recovery, unable to move, plus dealing with the house, kids detritus, stuff the other parent can't or won't do on their time so to all intents, despite having the other parent involvement I am dealing with a lot alone., Paying for the childcare sorting all our health appointments, etc.
Sadly I have no family anywhere near. I don't feel able to move closer to them as could never move my kids that far away from my co-parent. When we moved here my disabilty was a lot less advanced. Had I known it would end up this hard I might have chosen not to have kids, or make sure I didn't move so far from my support network.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Every time I think she can't sink any lower, she somehow manages it. How is she even contemplating allowing her son access to her social media when she claims to get daily abuse and death threats, including people threatening to set her on fire and pour acid over her genitals!? We all know she's only thinking about this frankly insane idea because she thinks it'll scare her detractors into backing down from trying to sneak even the slightest criticism into her echo chamber. Ghastly, twisted person.

If SB wants extra money, how about dipping into her Patreon cash to up his pocket money? Oh, I forgot, that "doesn't even cover the rent and bills."

Or just ask him to do a few more chores from the list. ( Original SS from @colouredlines )

View attachment 1301409
WTF is that bored bingo? That's next level mumsnet nonsense. And so controlling "check with mama" Surely it should be stuff that he can do without asking/supervision and not stuff that should be done regularly...feeding the cat shouldn't only happen when SB is bored.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
And I mean, companies like Dell Monte and Superdrug take note: your spokesperson might be using a 12 year old to control their public presence 🤔 She couldn’t be any stupider. God knows how she gets these gigs.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
YOU'RE 👏 NOT 👏 WORKING 👏 CLASS 👏 OR 👏 A 👏 SINGLE 👏 MOTHER 👏
PREACH!!! I am technically a single mother in that I live on my own with my child, but her dad is fully involved in her life and I would be absolutely mortified if I tried to use the fact I’m a SM for sympathy votes.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Imagine saying this, and all the whingeing she does every day about abuse on the HELLSITE, but then suggesting exposing her son to it??
69CC3F9B-B5C6-4D49-A1AA-82C76299E5FE.png

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
My husband read law. I’ve just said to him “If I’ve got beef and I threatened you with a ‘paralegal’ what would happen?”

He said, “Very little. Paralegals are amazing and do so much work, but they can’t fight a case for you.” Has she just heard this term and decided to use it?
It sounds v dramatic and feels like the sort of thing you'd hear on an American made for TV movie. It's weird, like when she says 'my lawyer', I obviously am not a legal Frau but don't people usually say 'you'll be hearing from my solicitor' in this country?

Reactions: 37
It sounds v dramatic and feels like the sort of thing you'd hear on an American made for TV movie. It's weird, like when she says 'my lawyer', I obviously am not a legal Frau but don't people usually say 'you'll be hearing from my solicitor' in this country?
I know paralegals are a thing in this country, but it definitely seems like something a person who’d watched too much American TV would say. Like when she claimed we reported her to CPS.

85E2B149-043E-4BE4-93B2-05BBB65E47FC.jpeg

• Haha
And what, pray, is a 'self made working class single mum'? Isn't that the same as a single mum who needs to work? Whatever, she thinks she should be applauded for it. Lots of working single mums I know just get on with it without looking for applause. Should we maybe be out on our doorsteps every Thursday night at 8pm clapping our little mitts off for Jack? 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
If Mr Israel has accepted her case, they must have agreed how it was to be funded. Time to come clean about the amount raised via PayPal and what’s to happen to it?

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Imma level with you fraus. I’m drunk and in no way capable of any kind of grunt. Has she opened the box yet or no?
Still in the past but I would *actually* have an aneurysm if the box, after all this time, contained legal papers suing Jack instead. 👩‍🍳 💋

P.S Has she opened the box yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
And what, pray, is a 'self made working class single mum'? Isn't that the same as a single mum who needs to work? Whatever, she thinks she should be applauded for it. Lots of working single mums I know just get on with it without looking for applause. Should we maybe be out on our doorsteps every Thursday night at 8pm clapping our little mitts off for Jack? 😁
I mean I know I was being all independent woman in my last post but if the canal want to clap for me one Thursday evening I wouldn’t mind 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I know paralegals are a thing in this country, but it definitely seems like something a person who’d watched too much American TV would say. Like when she claimed we reported her to CPS.

View attachment 1301459
A family member is a trained paralegal. They work with a solicitor and do all the grunt work on a case. It works as a kind of mentoring too. I doubt very much if there is a whole team 🙄.

Anyway, it's a load of old shite. My Dad's second wife pulled all this sort of shite when she was 'no win, no fee' solicitor hopping. Pulling out lists of 'Everything I Have Done For You Lot' etc. 'So I deserve XYZ' 🙄.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.