Jack Monroe #313 You people are weird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That book looks like a hideous ego trip for Jack. Who'd want it?!
Isn't it? I can see why she likes to sit reading it, it's full of brags about her.

Also -
Nigella - deluded, and actually quite dense. Woman lives on another planet.

Jack - you didn't invent garlic jam. It's a thing, you can buy it. Soz Hun, no maverick badge for you. Xoxo

ETA - Jams.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
The thing is if she is indeed being shady she will get it all aired During the court case. Lawyers don't mess about.

Reactions: 33
The preamble to the garlic jam recipe is painful enough as it is but she's going to add more unnecessary words to it?!

Patreon not covering rent and bills. You provide NOTHING for your subscribers, you ungrateful swine. Get a real job.

Where's the rest of your horrible Teemill tshirt money gone? You know the money over the initial £10k that you said would go to other charities? The other charities that you have yet to name or show donations to?

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
I feel so sorry for her son being used as a prop to flog books. I question why a child would need to write thank you notes to a parent for a cinema trip but I don't even want to go there as it's too heartbreaking. Eta: Snap @FlirtyThirty

I'm guessing she got turned down for a mortgage this morning, hence her narc rage.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
1653753006844.png

And isn't that is quite the admission. She tweeted the bank details of the donation to Trussell Trust 'because of people like you'. So no intention of doing it otherwise then. Thank goodness people were on her case and pressed it or we would still be no nearer.
So much for the much promised 'complete transparency'.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Isn't it? I can see why she likes to sit reading it, it's full of brags about her.

Also -

Jack - you didn't invent garlic jam. It's a thing, you can buy it. Soz Hun, no maverick badge for you. Xoxo

ETA - Jams.
An "unapologetic condiment"

Garlic, mate, on behalf of Jack, we apologise

• Haha
Reactions: 42
It's quite telling how the other day she has meeting one and blabbed about it all be it cryptically. Today not sausage. I personally think it's to do with the court case. I think she thought it was a piece of piss but has found out otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
It's quite telling how the other day she has meeting one and blabbed about it all be it cryptically. Today not sausage. I personally think it's to do with the court case. I think she thought it was a piece of piss but has found out otherwise.
Probably because she very obviously has not been libelled.

Reactions: 34
Tried to quote you @Marmalade Atkins but knew the exact text wouldn’t pull through so here it is again.

What a bleeping piece of work 🤬🤬🤬🤬 not only acting like a spoilt brat about the money she gets each month FOR DOING duck ALL but being so horrible and U-turny about a detail of the fundraising JACK HERSELF arranged and put out to communities.

24CB940B-6F52-4AD9-8E4F-1D51C249A09A.jpeg

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
@FlirtyThirty @Shimmering

I agree, it's a strange note to send.

Is it just me though, but it looks more like an adult (Jack) wrote it herself? It looks like a version of kids writing an adult would do, not an actual kids. The bit in a different colour is def written by someone else. Jack is so narc-like I can imagine her going to these ridiculous levels to protray the image of a perfect muma (like her crappy tweet last night).

That, or SB's dad wrote it/got SB to write it to save more drama in the poor lad's life.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Because I am 100% of the opinion (and libel me Jack I don’t give a tit) she has kept the rest of the money for herself as no amount of cash will ever be enough to this slop making bleep
I think she didn't sell anywhere near enough to donate £10k, let alone more to donate to extra charities. I think the 10k came from another source, hence the strange way she donated (it wasn't one transaction iirc) and she's not willing to donate further money from this other source. Furthermore perhaps this other source was her own savings, and now they've been depleted perhaps it has jeopardised her borrowing ability for a mortgage. Purely my own speculation, of course.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I've spotted a typo, she amended wine in the ingredients list to be apple juice, but neglected to adjust it further on in the recipe method.

Jack, my usual editing rates are either by the hour or by the day. If I see you've taken my advice, I'll pop an invoice over to your publisher for services rendered.

Have a great day.

Edit: @MushyBeans reached the finishing line first! Chapeau!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I've spotted a typo, she amended wine in the ingredients list to be apple juice, but neglected to adjust it further on in the recipe method.

Jack, my usual editing rates are either by the hour or by the day. If I see you've taken my advice, I'll pop an invoice over to your publisher for services rendered.

Have a great day.

Edit: @MushyBeans reached the finishing line first! Chapeau!
I don't even understand how these could be her final edits when she's changing really fundamental things like the tense and whole sentence structures. It's appalling.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Not true. I’ve worked with her. She is an extremely nice and very intelligent woman who is plagued by shyness & self-doubt. She’s not on another planet, she’s been through an awful lot and deals with it privately and without playing the victim.

She is very much a private person and a closed book, but also capable of acts of great kindness & generosity and has a reputation for treating those below her in the pecking order very well.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I don't even understand how these could be her final edits when she's changing really fundamental things like the tense and whole sentence structures. It's appalling.
I was thinking that myself. Wasn't she meant to be "shooting the book" this week? How can she do that while at the same time making changes to the recipes?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.