Jack Monroe #313 You people are weird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel so sorry for her son being used as a prop to flog books. I question why a child would need to write thank you notes to a parent for a cinema trip but I don't even want to go there as it's too heartbreaking. Eta: Snap @FlirtyThirty

I'm guessing she got turned down for a mortgage this morning, hence her narc rage.

As kids and adults, we had to thank ours for everything he did for us. It was almost foot kissing level that was expected and he kept lists of all the things he'd done or bought and whether or not we thanked him appropriately. It was for what I as a parent, recognise as normal things that parents ought to be doing anyway and without thanks. When I first me my in laws I could not believe how generous and affectionate they are and they have never kept lists or asked for thanks. Jack's behaviour is so scarily close to what I experienced and that makes me so sad for son. I really hope she has limited contacted for his own sake because it can damage a person for life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
It's not 'rewriting and gaslighting your entire story' Jack. It's called the truth.

Screenshot 2022-05-28 at 17.08.15.png

4srvn8.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Recipe: Allow to soak for a few minutes - they should slip right out of their skins.
Jack, rereading this recipe: Great phrasing, not creepy. Ooft that'll do
1653754141742.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
She's in a savage mood. Good, I hope people keep asking questions - I suspect we'll have 'leave alone' in a bit too...
I'm guessing whatever the life changing meeting was this morning it didn't go well for Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Not true. I’ve worked with her. She is an extremely nice and very intelligent woman who is plagued by shyness & self-doubt. She’s not on another planet, she’s been through an awful lot and deals with it privately and without playing the victim.

She is very much a private person and a closed book, but also capable of acts of great kindness & generosity and has a reputation for treating those below her in the pecking order very well.
So shes just ignorant and/or gullible then

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Jack 'I'm not winging this'

Trussell Trust 'Jack started this campaign before speaking to us'

Yeah okay.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Not true. I’ve worked with her. She is an extremely nice and very intelligent woman who is plagued by shyness & self-doubt. She’s not on another planet, she’s been through an awful lot and deals with it privately and without playing the victim.

She is very much a private person and a closed book, but also capable of acts of great kindness & generosity and has a reputation for treating those below her in the pecking order very well.
Sorry, but anyone who describes Jack as having "a finely tuned palate" and having a "deep and instinctive understanding of the alchemy of cooking", is in my opinion, on another planet. 🤷

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
I also think she’s already opened the box but I’m telling everyone now this squig isn’t going to give up on his unopening video anytime soon. He is a bit weird but this is the echo chamber Jack creates - it is all her own doing she has no boundaries with people she doesn’t know and has never met.

Jack also thinks she can turn it into an echo chamber by blocking an dissenter, which is a terrible way to do things. Her ego is out of control now because of it and she cannot deal with the slightest hint of criticism, given how defensive she gets her psychologist on speed dial should be advising her not to be on it. She needs intense therapy for her lack of social skills, boundaries, god complex and attachment issues. But I feel there’s a story with Jack that’s the route of it all and it’s all to do with her parents and attention.
BIB: I think the example somewhat at the root of this this is the birthmark story. If she felt like she was having to share her parents with her siblings and/or foster children (not sure of the TL on her parents fostering) then I bet the trips to and from GOSH were both filled with one on one attention, plus sympathy/fuss about the treatment.

Then her post about "why didn't my parents get it tattooed" emphasises it, it was never about the birthmarks, it was about attention and being special - her mother's frustrated "We did what you wanted" is true I'm sure but it wasn't ever going to be enough to fill the hole that Jack has.

The resentment of the foster children totally fits with this too, obviously her descriptions of them are vile and inexcusable, but it does sound (from not just her narration) like her parents did take especially traumatised children who would likely have commanded a lot of attention and made the jealousy on Jack's part even worse.

It's probably not all that abnormal in a young child or even a self-absorbed early teen, but Jack doesn't appear to have ever been able to get past it.

Her seeming resentment towards SB even fits here - she sees him as getting the attention that should be hers.

On the pure speculation front, I would guess young Jack fairly often had something along the lines of "You should be thankful you've not been through what the foster children have been through" said to her, including in response to legitimate complaints from her just to shut her up. To me that's what is truly at the root of her main character syndrome and her need to adopt literally every label/illness/traumatic experience she can and, to put it crassly, win at trauma top trumps.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Recipe: Allow to soak for a few minutes - they should slip right out of their skins.
Jack, rereading this recipe: Great phrasing, not creepy. Ooft that'll do
View attachment 1300803
This jam. I'm sure it is perfectly pleasant 🤥, but in what respect is it money saving, as in '150 money saving recipes'?
It just looks like a normal (well this is Jack but roll with it) recipe.

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.