Jack Monroe #312 She just throws adjectives at a page and hopes for the best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mmm can't wait for chlorinated chicken and bollock sausages in my fish and chips. I've said before also, poor people don't buy tit sausages. They may get average ones like Richmond, but no poor person will go for what is basically a gym mat (thank you simpsons) out of pride. Same goes for clothing also. We may not be able to afford much, but we sure as duck don't dress purposely poor. Like wtf. I'll wear a rare £30 band t shirt or a smart shirt than dress like her. And for the record primark actually does pretty decent cheap+smart clobber. The reason jack can't dress smart is she has literally no idea what looks good.

• Sick
Reactions: 21
I’m shocked if the BBC were even considering her. They don’t make their own programmes anyway do they? Especially cooking ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I don't want to sound like a whinger but it seems to be a problem with some folks. Talk about it when it's finished not before it's even the germ of an idea. Her strange need to feel busy and important makes that unlikely though....
Enron is a cautionary tale for that!

Reactions: 19
Probably off topic, because who can keep up these days, but I hate the way she describes herself as being whisked here, bundled there, kidnapped wherever.
It's so performatively passive, like she's a helpless ingenue dependent the whims of those around her.
I have a friend that speaks like this, and it's so infantilising, it makes me really uncomfortable.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 71
For fucks sake, my amazing mother in law ended up with a Zimmer and had macular degeneration and was almost totally blind, she still managed to walk round her kitchen and cook! Why walking poles, what's happened to her walking stick? Please for the love of ljc make this make sense.

No one else has ever had a sprained ankle have they?
Wandering in late to the post to tell the tale of my Monday evening when my sister in-law fell from a loft ladder which gave way, and bashed her foot badly along with a badly bruised back and numerous scrapes and abrasions. I drove over to her house to take her some pain and give some first aid. She went to minor injuries yesterday at my insistence and had to have her dislocated toes pulled back into place...shudder. meanwhile Jack has a. Phenomenal fall resulting in an inability to cook due to an injured ankle. If it was that bad Jack love you'd have dialed 111 or knowing your love of drama 999. Yet you can cross your mangled ankles as you lie in bed eating your horrific looking takeaway with one of your hideous spoons

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Hahaha duck off. Rishi would run rings around her. Hell the local woman who washes his bollocks in Victoria Station wetherspoons toilet knows more about socio-economics than her

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Tbf I would definitely like to see Jack take part in an interview where every lie is skewered.

Oh, and Jack, making bollock and prune slop for Kym Marsh on Morning Live is not a plum BBC job.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
She'll miss out on the CT rebate as she's in too high a band. And she won't benefit from the increased tax threshold as she doest pay tax (or doesn't earn enough to meet the threshold - yeah, right!)

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Only Jack has the skillz to interview the PM.

Poor old Boris is quaking in his boots, pal.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Tbf I would definitely like to see Jack take part in an interview where every lie is skewered.

Oh, and Jack, making bollock and prune slop for Kym Marsh on Morning Live is not a plum BBC job.
Kym Marsh hasn't been famous since she was banging that dude like 10 years younger than her anyway. And he's so famous I forget who he was.

Reactions: 16
I bet newsnight asked her if she'd like to prerecord a question for the PM, much like they do for members of the public at a conference. It was hardly frost V Nixon 🤦‍♀️.

BJ is awful and should have never of held the position he does, but he'd still be able to run rings around jack.

I wish the financial times economics editor would reply to some of her BS. But he has an actual job and doesn't want to spend time engaging with idiots on twitter who even when presented with hard facts will stick their fingers in their ears and say they know better. Just like jack did last time.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Wouldn't A&E have some form of emergency dentistry available?

I mean bloody hell I went to A&E with a dislocated elbow at 11pm and got to try some wicked drugs which was a bonus.
No they don’t. Not in the local area anyway. You might be sent many miles away
There used to be emergency dentists didn’t there though but I fear most of those have closed themselves off to that. They’re not required to do it so you’re lucky if there is one.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.