Jack Monroe #312 She just throws adjectives at a page and hopes for the best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to say how bleeping crass it was of Jack yesterday joking about pulling her own teeth when there were news articles talking about desperate people doing just that. She's a ghoul who syphons off other people's pain and stories, and tries to make it her own, this time for entertainment. Gross.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
We also have dental teaching clinics attached to the Uni, they take people ad hoc for cheap/ free. We have a dental access centre for emergency dentistry (🔺 dad worked there.) They don’t do anything fancy but they’ll prescribe antibiotics and yank teeth for NHS prices (free on certain benefits) You just ring up in the morning. We also have ED which won’t do dentistry but will give you abx/ analgesia to tide you over. Basically, Jack is just full of excuses NOT to access services because the grift doesn’t work if the problem no longer exists.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I should point out that it's only the (eminently qualified) dentists who work on you, the students just observe!
As an ex dental hospital frau 🔺 . Students do work on you at a teaching hospital but they are supervised and have each part of treatment checked regularly. A root canal appointment could last 3 hours at a teaching hospital, whereas it would take half that in a regular dentist. The work is checked over by the best dentists in the business though, we had several professors at ours that were very highly regarded.
We only took emergency cases that were not registered with a dentist already, so Jack wouldn't qualify so she would be sent back to her own dentist for treatment. She could be referred to the hospital if the problem required surgery or was complex, but this takes time.
However, we would see any patient with a swollen face (industry term being "fat face") and the policy at that time was that no dentist could turn away a patient with facial swelling, so if you are ever in pain and the dentist can't see you - tell them you think your cheek/jaw is swollen and they have a duty of care to see you immediately.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
🙏 please say the tooth drama ends today the thoughts of crumbling rancid teeth is beginning to trigger my inner hypochondriac and making me chew very gently and softly just in case🙏

also re: the creepy parcel guy. She’s handling it so badly, it shouldn’t have got to this point - why hasn’t she nipped this in the bud yet? She really has no sense of boundaries at all it’s very worrying, for example that she thinks there’s nothing wrong with saying she takes it upon herself to help suicidal strangers on twitter rather than immediately signposting them to the relevant place. Safeguarding nightmare! Hopefully it’s all lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
There's a Dental Hospital in Glasgow, I'm not sure how it works elsewhere but it acts as a kind of dental A & E - it's a teaching hospital so it's kind of horrible because you've always got a loads of students gathered around you while you lie in the chair but they get the job done.
I know that one and the Edi one 🔺️ It's way cheaper but yeah lots of students in training and sometimes patients that have other issues so it can be noisy. If you are desperate though it's a Godsend. Jack is too good to mix with the proles so she would never visit one.

Reactions: 21
she takes it upon herself to help suicidal strangers on twitter rather than immediately signposting them to the relevant place. Safeguarding nightmare! Hopefully it’s all lies.
She did this last night, on her public twitter platform, in the form of many tweets. I couldn't help but think that surely it might have been better to handle it via DMs. Also, if she *knows* she's got people in that kind of despair in her audience, it makes her lack of trigger warnings for her POTATOES / PASTA / RICE ~essays~ even more repugnant.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I wonder if she keeps these details the same between SB’s visits so she can wheel them out wether he is there or not depending on her motives. Then if SB family are ever like he‘s not there right now?? she can be like “oh I was referencing the other time but I was fudging the details to protect his privacy/engage with my audience” etc

EDIT: I’m not sure if I’ve explained that very well 😂 you know how some people will wheel out the same story time and time again? I’ve known people in the past that have little going on in their lives but still feel the need to have social performance capital so re-use anecdotes?
I’m actually stating to suspect that what she says on SM bears no relation at all to what’s going on. I bet every evening with her is the same - she sits on the phone typing. The person next to her has no idea that a whole libel case just kicked off, or whether she’s playing candy crush. She’s just always on the phone. I had a friend like this who barely looked up to speak to her son, she was so busy messaging guys having online romances which came to nothing IRL.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
A quick reminder that Jack and SB were eating a Chinese takeaway and watching Umbrella Academy on March 24, a full two months before she managed to get the TV working and acquire broadband:

View attachment 1292712
I’m just glad to see that she actually gets takeaways for her son when he comes to visit, instead of inflicting her slop on him like she pretends.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I feel like I'm never going to be able to eat a Chinese again because I'm going to permanently associate it with Jack's crumbly gnashers. RIP cashew beef, I loved you.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
I’m actually stating to suspect that what she says on SM bears no relation at all to what’s going on. I bet every evening with her is the same - she sits on the phone typing. The person next to her has no idea that a whole libel case just kicked off, or whether she’s playing candy crush. She’s just always on the phone. I had a friend like this who barely looked up to speak to her son, she was so busy messaging guys having online romances which came to nothing IRL.
She lives in her phone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
The infantilisation is horrible too, saying she’s “snuggling” with her 12 year old son gives me the ick.
Imagine being one of his friends and seeing that on Twitter? Even worse, imagine someone at his school who doesn't like him seeing that.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
There's a Dental Hospital in Glasgow, I'm not sure how it works elsewhere but it acts as a kind of dental A & E - it's a teaching hospital so it's kind of horrible because you've always got a loads of students gathered around you while you lie in the chair but they get the job done.
There is one in London

Reactions: 13
Well not yours, cos you don't bloody work. And homemaker is not a job. That's why you don't get paid for it.
Screenshot_20220525-133146_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.