Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have just fijished reading the guardian article on I Daniel Blake. It has confirmed why I cannot bloody stand her self pitying whining about a short period of being broke/on benefits. Her complaints about long term scars from are just such bullshit.

I grew up on benefits in the 80s..I had my children as a te age mum on benefits. My children are dual.ethniciry. i never experienced the shaming commenst she claims to have. I am inow n a really fortunate position because I went to university and got lucky with opportunities. I have friends amd family who are currently on benefits with and without children. They all have sodding lightbulbs and a fridge. Times are really hard so those of us who are lucky help them when things get tough. The children are not starving or freezing. The parentsvare not starving. I KNOW poverty is not easy. The thing that is difficult is having no-one who CAN help, having generations growing up in the same way with little hope of change. The opportunities available to MC children are just not there for WC children. The infrastructure (is that the right word?) Is completely different in WC areas vs the affluent areas. Access to opportunities, shops, services, transport even GPs is completely different. Crime rates are different The schools are different. Despite this I do not have PTSD.. my childrenndo not have PTSD. My family members do not have PTSD.. I dont know anyone with PTSD as a direct result of poverty....although there are consequences in tems of physical and mental health.

She is a liar and has no idea what it is like to grow up with no hope and no help. I do not beleive she has ever experienced true poverty. She makes me sick with her lies.
I understand and completely agree with you that it’s harder for people who are working class but all my family went to uni and we are all working class. My mum and my uncle were the first people from our family to go to uni and they went because they got grants. Otherwise they couldn’t have

What I am trying to say is that if education was accessible for all there would be less barriers. I remember when I was at uni there was a girl who accessed the Uni hardship fund as both her parents were unemployed and couldn’t help her over and above the grants she got. That was in 1989 and my the time my wee brother went to uni in 1996 there were no grants and loans were what people relied on

Ive personally never had an issue with public transport or GP services but absolutely these days it is harder to access further education if your family don’t have money. In Scotland tuition fees are free and hopefully that helps remove some barriers to education

As for public transport in my area it gets cheaper the more tickets you buy so a years ticket is much cheaper than a weekly one but poor people won’t be able to afford a yearly one. And that is awful in my view

I wouldn’t be doing the degree I am currently doing if it wasn’t free to people on low incomes. That’s the bottom line

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I understand and completely agree with you that it’s harder for people who are working class but all my family went to uni and we are all working class. My mum and my uncle were the first people from our family to go to uni and they went because they got grants. Otherwise they couldn’t have

What I am trying to say is that if education was accessible for all there would be less barriers. I remember when I was at uni there was a girl who accessed the Uni hardship fund as both her parents were unemployed and couldn’t help her over and above the grants she got. That was in 1989 and my the time my wee brother went to uni in 1996 there were no grants and loans were what people relied on

Ive personally never had an issue with public transport or GP services but absolutely these days it is harder to access further education if your family don’t have money. In Scotland tuition fees are free and hopefully that helps remove some barriers to education
Has there been a glitch? I'm trying to reply to @Hackastory

Reactions: 6
Just a complete aside but do you all realise that jackanory has the second highest thread count on tattle at 310, behind Mrs Hinch ( who must be “interesting” at 500+) but WAY ahead of the likes of Katie Price, Alice Evans and their daily mail reported upon antics and even meghan and Harry 😂. Surely it must give even the most devoted jack nutter pause for thought that their holy one has gained all this negative traction without any tabloid exposure?

Reactions: 46
That actually is a recipe. The mushroom and tea one but that person has flung mushy peas on the plate 🤮

If my football team were in a race for the title and it went to the wire I’d be talking about it on twitter...... she’s not a Liverpool fan.

On that subject I don’t support Everton but I’ve been gripped by it and I am now rooting for Burnley.
Oh really well as an Everton fan, I hope you get mushroom tea mushy pea for breakfast, lunch and tea everyday from now on.
On topic- Jack’s overwrought howling and clawing descriptions are great for helping people see the light.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I can’t follow these threads because they move so quickly. But the whole “I’m going to ground because this is too much” woe is me narrative. Which is clearly just so she can get replies. And then is still active on Twitter. Asking for votes for these guardian awards and responding to people asking about her taxes is so infuriating. Amongst the many other things that are about jack

Reactions: 42
She's liking the tweets nominating her for Observer Food Monthly awards off the back of her own retweet. Tres tragique.

Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 19.53.11.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 64
She is, perhaps the looming libel lawsuit made her cough up...
I totally agree, square away all the financials now, so when they are questioned in court, or accounts are submitted at the discovery stage; all appears ok. Slippery and disingenuous...

Reactions: 33
“ to everyone in London I looked mad, I was mad”

Nobody ever in London has ever paid anyone any attention, in the entire history of London. She’s so obsessed with how people view her.
Can confirm - I once got the bus in a posh London suburb dressed as a tree. By which I mean I'd cut down part of an actual tree and was wearing it strapped to my body and arms, so I was about seven feet tall and rustled whenever we braked. Literally no-one looked twice. You have to try a bit harder than leaving a cinema in tears to get Londoners to even notice you, let alone think you're mad.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101
Interesting also to see some of the flying monkeys claim this week that Jamie Oliver has done nothing for getting food to hungry children (compared to Jack, according to them), when the 'Bite Back 2030' movement he helped set up has "Food provision for all young people who rely on free school meals across the UK during the holidays" as a thing they aimed for. (I don't know that much tbh about this charity, but it seems youth-led with an inclusive board, not a Jamie Oliver-centric endeavour).

• Wow
Reactions: 52
I totally agree, square away all the financials now, so when they are questioned in court, or accounts are submitted at the discovery stage; all appears ok. Slippery and disingenuous...
Hopefully the other side's lawyer will be able to see that they were filed very late and only days after the lawsuit was announced.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Well, starting to see the driving force behind the character of the working class scrappy dappy non binary girl with a boy's name..
Scrappy dappy don't for thread title?

I've been BUSY for a few days having actual real life chaos and every time I look I'm 30 pages behind. On the WhatsApp group thing, she only says she's in a witch about THAT MAN group because we joke/speculate about foodies excluding her. And the £19 nonsense is purely cos she knows people are on to the £34 nonsense.

Also, she's getting more amd more insufferable (evergreen comment no matter how far behind one is with the grunk). Also Also I just had a nap and dreamed she was a killer hiding bodies of people she'd slain with her slop and hiding them in cupboards. I am disappointed that my subconscious can't summon up a sideboard. #TooWorkingClass

• Haha
Reactions: 32

As for public transport in my area it gets cheaper the more tickets you buy so a years ticket is much cheaper than a weekly one but poor people won’t be able to afford a yearly one. And that is awful in my view

I wouldn’t be doing the degree I am currently doing if it wasn’t free to people on low incomes. That’s the bottom line
For some weird reason I can't find your OP @Hackastory. I Just wanted to say, don't let JM upset you love. Don't ever let her think you aren't mothering/parenting right. You are 🙂.

Edited. I'm clearly having WIFI/glitching problems. Off to pull down the radiators.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Grunting, so apols if this has been highlighted before - but this really caught the eye.

‘The bad thing about it is that once you have started bleating every little detail about your life, it’s difficult to stop.’

To which the answer is, no, it’s not. It’s only difficult to stop if one is a complete money hungry, fame-obsessed narcissist through and through (like a stick of Brighton Rock). For the rest of us, we simply stop embellishing personal details of ourselves and hapless loved ones, press delete and walk away.

Simples.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Okay sure if you've paid your company taxes then Jack we look forward to all of the paperwork backing this up. If this is true then I'm glad we could help get you organised and paying back into the system you love to trash on a regular basis.

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Interesting also to see some of the flying monkeys claim this week that Jamie Oliver has done nothing for getting food to hungry children (compared to Jack, according to them), when the 'Bite Back 2030' movement he helped set up has "Food provision for all young people who rely on free school meals across the UK during the holidays" as a thing they aimed for. (I don't know that much tbh about this charity, but it seems youth-led with an inclusive board, not a Jamie Oliver-centric endeavour).
I've just had a look, they (bite back) are being polite and engaging with people in good faith, even the snarkier comments. It's a refreshing change.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.