Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
THAT MAN is posting again. Probably a bit too nuanced for Jack. She will be online later asking everyone do they prefer turkey twizzlers or rustler burgers

Jamie is being a big prick here. It's about getting food in bellies right now and nothing else. The food industry will get round it somehow and still give people junk food.

I'm assuming posh kids are allowed Eton mess made with expensive strawberries but poor kids are not allowed a biscuit.

I'm an emergent service worker btw, despite the fact I only work part time and partially rely on disability benefits. It must be because I go to (free) museums and galleries, go to the local theatre because I can get a free carer ticket (so we each pay half price) and I RENT.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I reckon the squigs need to start boycotting these corporations like Hellmans and Del Monte who don’t pay a living wage to creative talent like poor Jack. Come on squigs, start revolting.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Jamie may not have supported whatever campaign Jack thought she was fronting, but he never was a spiteful little twit about it. Jack however, ring fences her 'causes' and gets very jealous about anybody on her turf. Which leads you to believe her motives are selfish and not altruistic in the slightest.

Reactions: 45
If someone said "get in the sea" to Jack, she would no doubt say it was a death threat...

Fanny

• Haha
Reactions: 64
I don’t think I’ve seen it on here yet but I’m SO TIRED that maybe I missed it. In that Tortoise vid, she said about a rags to riches story, then said, “Well, I haven’t reached the riches bit, maybe rags to slightly better rags” CHORTLE. Something like that, I’m not going back to watch to be traumatised again. YOU AREN’T POOR! You’re well off. The £19 in your bank account might be true but which account has the £3k Patreon lump in?

Reactions: 43
Jamie is being a big prick here. It's about getting food in bellies right now and nothing else. The food industry will get round it somehow and still give people junk food.

I'm assuming posh kids are allowed Eton mess made with expensive strawberries but poor kids are not allowed a biscuit.

I'm an emergent service worker btw, despite the fact I only work part time and partially rely on disability benefits. It must be because I go to (free) museums and galleries, go to the local theatre because I can get a free carer ticket (so we each pay half price) and I RENT.
I think that's JO's point though. He's saying the food industry will get around the BOGOFS to make money on the sale of junk food. So they need to make the deals better.

Reactions: 26
Speaks volumes doesn't it?

With the tax thing, it's possible she's paid what she owes now, but not yet filed accounts for whatever reason. But she clearly hadn't paid them by her comments only recently, so she can hardly try and take the high ground 🤷
A cynic might think that, if you haven’t actually completed your tax return, then your tax hasn’t been calculated and therefore, technically, you don’t actually “owe” anything. (This is purely a hypothetical situation I’m suggesting, you understand).
Or maybe nothing has actually been put through the company - but dealt with as personal tax. (But that does raise the question of why furlough payments were claimed by the company).
Who knows?

Reactions: 35
Can confirm - I once got the bus in a posh London suburb dressed as a tree. By which I mean I'd cut down part of an actual tree and was wearing it strapped to my body and arms, so I was about seven feet tall and rustled whenever we braked. Literally no-one looked twice. You have to try a bit harder than leaving a cinema in tears to get Londoners to even notice you, let alone think you're mad.
I’ve done similar. Giant fancy dress costume I couldn’t carry. I finally got a seat and a woman begrudgingly sat next to me and said “so why are you dressed like that?” Which is high level London interaction. I told her it 2as too heavy to carry. End of conversation.

On topic - then I saw the little children with the crumpled bus ticket legs who clapped and declared me the best ever and the driver told me I look like Stevie Nicks.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
If the payment of tax is true (Jack, like Shakira's hips, don't lie), I would hope Companies House is updated soon. I don't know how long it takes from submission of a confirmation statement to it updating the public site, but I imagine there is a delay. It could be Mr Israel said sort out your admin before we go in guns blazing. Remove ammunition for the other side.
Tax isn't the same as company accounts, but they are of course linked.
Not defending Jack at all btw, just to be clear for all the future Fraus & Herrs I hope are reading! Now, back to my tea....

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Okay sure if you've paid your company taxes then Jack we look forward to all of the paperwork backing this up. If this is true then I'm glad we could help get you organised and paying back into the system you love to trash on a regular basis.
Have a lovely evening!
FTFY
Too short

• Haha
Reactions: 26
If the payment of tax is true (Jack, like Shakira's hips, don't lie), I would hope Companies House is updated soon. I don't know how long it takes from submission of a confirmation statement to it updating the public site, but I imagine there is a delay
I’m not sure about these things, and I don’t know how it all works, but I think in this particular case, when Jack‘s tax is all paid, Companies House will upload the video below, and knock off early for a dance party. Just speculation on my part your honour.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Can confirm - I once got the bus in a posh London suburb dressed as a tree. By which I mean I'd cut down part of an actual tree and was wearing it strapped to my body and arms, so I was about seven feet tall and rustled whenever we braked. Literally no-one looked twice. You have to try a bit harder than leaving a cinema in tears to get Londoners to even notice you, let alone think you're mad.
I… have questions

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I actually think she may have finally paid her enormous tax bill and fines, which is why she’s even more embittered, and even more aggressive with her poverty cosplaying than usual.

Reactions: 55
If only she had read her email in 2014 she could have actually campaigned on this then rather than jumping on the bandwagon now. And there have been numerous other factors since 2014 which will have had an impact, brexit, covid, Ukraine.

• Haha
Reactions: 84
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.