Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She could apply for UC with 15999 quid in the bank if she has no work just now. She would still get some personal UC element , a child element and some money towards her rent. You don’t need to be on the bones of your arse to claim benefits. What’s stopping her? The fact that she’s got a regular income courtesy of her fans?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Doesn’t mean that much without filing the actual tax returns because there will still be thousands of pounds worth of penalties. She may well have filed self assessment returns, but would owe tax on £22K of income. The tax allowance has been £12500 and £12570 for the last few years. What she is saying doesn’t make any sense.
The ‘missing’ year of 2019-2020 she may have perhaps not earned a great deal but lucky for her we weren’t really fully aware of her until March 2020 when she started saying she had lost all of her work

2020-2021 will have been a great year for income. Is she seriously saying she didn’t earn 12500 forDKL? Then there was hellmans and all the other stuff. Perhaps she has now done a personal tax return but there is something dodgy with her company accounts and she isn’t being transparent. And that’s the issue. Her lack of transparency.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Here I am, still catching up. You're right Hotes, that's exactly what she did on her Facebook account. I couldn't believe that any parent would make life difficult for themselves, and more importantly, their child.Even then she seemed to lap up the attention, repeating the same thing, and being given the same advice over and over again.

While I'm posting I want to apologise for not being able to acknowledge people's posts with emojis. My laptop broke, so I use my phone and my arthritic hands struggle to do much more than scroll. I'm worried I might press an inappropriate emoji and upset someone, but I'm here reading along, nodding, raging and laughing with you all. Clearly Jack's worst arthritis ever doesn't stop her typing on a phone, or writing reams of pointless, performative twaddle in her expensive notebooks with pens nobody else is allowed to touch.

Tried to quote Hotes' post and quoted ColouredLines instead, so have had to delete that bit and this will probably make no sense now but it took me ages so I'm posting it. My very own chaos 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 97
I honestly just can’t with her right now. This pile on was the last straw for me. I honestly don’t think she’ll ever get her ‘come uppance’ her fans are just too frothing and manic.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Can I just say that I find the memories of DKL and the various lockdown live colabs very triggering 🥺.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Here I am, still catching up. You're right Hotes, that's exactly what she did on her Facebook account. I couldn't believe that any parent would make life difficult for themselves, and more importantly, their child.Even then she seemed to lap up the attention, repeating the same thing, and being given the same advice over and over again.

While I'm posting I want to apologise for not being able to acknowledge people's posts with emojis. My laptop broke, so I use my phone and my arthritic hands struggle to do much more than scroll. I'm worried I might press an inappropriate emoji and upset someone, but I'm here reading along, nodding, raging and laughing with you all. Clearly Jack's worst arthritis ever doesn't stop her typing on a phone, or writing reams of pointless, performative twaddle in her expensive notebooks with pens nobody else is allowed to touch.

Tried to quote Hotes' post and quoted ColouredLines instead, so have had to delete that bit and this will probably make no sense now but it took me ages so I'm posting it. My very own chaos 😅
Don’t worry dear heart - in my experience every reaction is appropriate to Jacks current omnichaos.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I'm sure Jack is scribbling a scathing essay on the rollercoaster of football right now. No doubt it's something to do with her being a single mum that stopped Liverpool winning the league.

• Haha
Reactions: 34

She must have forgotten that she was part of the research for I, Daniel Blake when she penned this article. She does remind readers that she turned down selling her life story for film rights, of course. And there's an obligatory wall punch thrown in for good measure. Which is all true. Because Jack literally cannot lie. *Softly, gently, yawns and rolls eyes for infinity*
The annoying thing about that piece, or one of the annoying things, is that she always focusses so much on the negative comments (also imagined ones of the 'they must thinks ABC' kind) and people who dismissed Ken Loach's movie as not realistic in this case. She never really celebrates people helping others.

I am not saying the poverty in the UK is not maddening, or that there is no place for anger. But it's like she enjoys revelling in that sentiment more than focussing on the people that help. The language is always aggressive or dramatic (the wailing, the wall punching, the nausea etc). Even her calls to action have an agrgession to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Just to clarify in the last week(?) Jack has claimed:
- she doesn't earn enough to pay taxes (£12500)
- she earns £22700 a year
- she earns little enough to qualify for UC (not sure but I think it starts tapering at £350/wk?)
- she has paid all of her taxes thankyouverymuch

Make it make sense!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 75
The libel trial will be her comeuppance if it goes ahead. All her shadiness will come out in the wash.

Reactions: 30
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
"I’m sorry, I whispered, sloping out to punch a wall in the corridor" is so funny to me. Yeah yeah we need to pay Jack a LIVING WAGE for her screeds about gentle wall punching and slop

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Jack may not owe any tax, but she didn't say her company - that iicr has a separate legal legal personality, doesn't owe any tax.
Yep because that’s the only thing that is public and isn’t up to date!
£22K is a decent dividend in my eyes - if that’s what she means. 👀

Reactions: 30
God. I remember that essay about Daniel Blake. Do duck off Jack.

On another note. I’m going to make myself look really shallow here but Miguel Barclay is quite fit isn’t he? 🤣🤣When I watched that video I couldn’t believe how natural he was on camera and that video was from 2017

Plus what he was cooking looked edible.

Jacks story is a honking pile of steaming shite from start to end. She’s saying she’s got trauma from claiming working tax credit🤣

Get in the bin you idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
"I’m sorry, I whispered, sloping out to punch a wall in the corridor" is so funny to me. Yeah yeah we need to pay Jack a LIVING WAGE for her screeds about gentle wall punching and slop
I'm surprised her hands are in one piece after all the clawing, punching, ripping over the years 🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
No comment yet? Soz all you lifelong reds #CTID

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.