Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New affluent worker here, which actually feels about right. Also was able to just squeeze into the pre-boom house ownership.
I got New Affluent Worker too, which I don't completely disagree with. Though it probably bases some of that on owning my home, which while I do, it's a mobile home that I bought for 6k and did up myself, let's not have any delusions of grandeur 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Thyme?? Really?

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 17.45.04.png

Her most recent liked tweet seems to completely contradict the LITERALLY STARVING tweet which is being quoted. Jack's saying she was thin when she was 'starving' but squig is saying the poorest people aren't thin?

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 17.44.12.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Jack was not LITERALLY STARVING during the Great Poverty in 2012.

Here is some evidence from archives of her deleted blog agirlcalledjack.com (which is a goldmine of truth, no wonder she whooshed it).

Jack on October 18th 2012, at YMCA Southend’s Question Time, where Jack was a panellist.
23E90B2E-E111-4E10-9C0C-0295DB26F730.jpeg

Jack on the 29th August 2012, at a “Diamond Jubilee Community Champions” celebration, to which she was one of 60 community champions invited because of her voluntary work.
107B2756-5C19-4843-875E-A7ACD9F4817D.jpeg

These links are worth a read; she discusses her voluntary work, and on the 12th September one mentions having a job.

The 5th September entry features an image from Southend Council website’s own page on the Diamond Jubilee Community Champions, and they describe Jack as a single mum who works 40 hours unpaid per week.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Thyme?? Really?

View attachment 1283496

Her most recent liked tweet seems to completely contradict the LITERALLY STARVING tweet which is being quoted. Jack's saying she was thin when she was 'starving' but squig is saying the poorest people aren't thin?

View attachment 1283491
If she had actually done that degree she would understand that starvation and malnourishment are two different things

Jack was not LITERALLY STARVING during the Great Poverty in 2012.

Here is some evidence from archives of her deleted blog agirlcalledjack.com (which is a goldmine of truth, no wonder she whooshed it).

Jack on October 18th 2012, at YMCA Southend’s Question Time, where Jack was a panellist.
View attachment 1283465

Jack on the 29th August 2012, at a “Diamond Jubilee Community Champions” celebration, to which she was one of 60 community champions invited because of her voluntary work.
View attachment 1283494

These links are worth a read; she discusses her voluntary work, and on the 12th September one mentions having a job.

The 5th September entry features an image from Southend Council website’s own page on the Diamond Jubilee Community Champions, and they describe Jack as a single mum who works 40 hours unpaid per week.
Quite the masculine aesthetic going on there. If a masculine aesthetic is middle class baptist Sunday school teacher

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 17.55.01.png
Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 17.55.39.png

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 17.55.44.png

Can you let us know where the proceeds are going Jack? When you get a minute?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
dossier? a list of names of deceased people rather tastelessly posted on twitter is a dossier now is it?

fuckwit

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
I’m emergent service worker (is that middle or WC then?), which seems a bit wrong considering I’m not working, but hopefully that is just temporary and when I do work it is in service industry (design) so it’s quite right. Most of my friends are artists who are poorish but with wealthy parents (they don’t pretend to be poor like Jack though)

Reactions: 25
Looks like you have a great deal of affluence
Shut up fools, behold my dossier of evidence

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Jamie copies Jack? Well to quote Sir Matt of the Fore Arms - 'that's a Jamie Oliver recipe isn't it Jack?' 😂

And amazing isn't how simple things could've stopped the things she moans on about the most - 2 years literally starving, her son cold and hungry because, as she said herself, she was 'embarrassed' to ask her loving supportive parents, who lived round the corner, for help.
Now she says she turns down 97% of TV offers due to shyness. Well if I was as anxious and bitter to get a forever home as she is, I would get over my shyness fairly quickly to utilise one of the most lucrative money sources out there.
TD is in blue
Blank 12.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Stolen shamelessly from a Twitter squg. Another sighting of Jack’s highly original “ Eton mess “ joke made 2 years before her protest. By a tory 😂
Baroness Warsi did that tv show where she had a go at stand up comedy and she was funny, I think she’s also a bit less Tory

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.