Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God a Jamie Oliver Chaos. Itā€™s like the old days when this was all fields.
Jamie... Jamie...
Jamie and his magic... Eton mess..

And some of you of a certain age reading that now have a song in your head...
Others, who aren't as old, have no idea what I'm on about.. so you can go down the helter skelter.. šŸ˜œ

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
She gets away with this because she has half a million followers. Like. Sheā€™s boasting about having two honorary doctorates. Give me strength. For what itā€™s worth I think there are people who deserve to be honoured but sheā€™s actually boasting that sheā€™s an author and ha two honourary doctorates?

She turned up at two universities and they handed her a bit of paper and sheā€™s actually boasting about that?

Jack. Why donā€™t you put your money where your mouth is seeing as you think you are so clever and enrol on an actual open University degree. Letā€™s see one of your essays actually corrected by a tutor and then you can boast about how good your writing is.

Plus. Your books are awful.
She was supposedly enrolled in an OU degree in nutrition a few months ago, which appears to have been quietly dropped. I assume they sent over the first piece of work and she was shocked she had to actually study, so stuck it in a lever arch file to deal with ā€˜laterā€™.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
The one like is from Jack.

565E094C-22DF-42C0-961F-070972434C00.jpeg

To quote Tiffany Pollard talking about Gemma Collins in CBB: ā€œsheā€™s none of those things, she is nothing of the sortā€.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
I loathe Jack's flying monkey's more than her. Why do they think their behaviour is in anyway appropriate?

I don't do twitter, but her publishing the names of the deceased is beyond the pale. Is there any means of reporting it? I know twitter are useless at this kind of thing, but it was just such a disgusting, cruel, and disturbing thing for her to do.
Also assuming the cause of death? Iā€™ve only seen 2 (admittedly non-UK) death certificates and they list all ailments that could have contributed to the death in any way. Itā€™s not as straight forward as the primary level take on it dumb dumb Jackie is able to understand.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Sheā€™s horrible all the time these days isnā€™t she? I also noticed the other night that her agent used to call her and ask her to delete tweets. I assume sheā€™s given up.

Jack seems to think running her social media the way she does makes her seem raw and unfiltered. It makes her look exactly as she is. A bully and a complete knob. A thick grifting twit. Jealous of everyone else.

Sheā€™s allegedly got a poor rep in the industry as it is. So she compounds that by acting the dick on twitter all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
At least when something like this happens Jack shows her true colours and any pity I have for her absolutely evaporates.

She's a monstrous bully.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Also assuming the cause of death? Iā€™ve only seen 2 (admittedly non-UK) death certificates and they list all ailments that could have contributed to the death in any way. Itā€™s not as straight forward as the primary level take on it dumb dumb Jackie is able to understand.
I'm not going to say much on this, as I don't know enough but I think some of the cases she insensitively invokes are actually failures in care which led to the deaths.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
View attachment 1282765

These are Jack's comments about her parents. They sound like caring, hospitable people but apparently left Jack to literally starve, live rough for two years, be forced into sex work to survive and sell all her belongings rather than make space at the table.
Former foster child here. I can honestly say that if I turned up to a new placement ( particularly if it was an emergency/short term one , and was expected to sit down at a table for a meal while a couple of strangers ( and their other children, biological or not) tried to ā€œ gently bring me out of [my] shellā€ , I would have shut down completely untill it was time to move on. Youā€™d have thought that Jack , having experienced multiple events of CSA , having a severe ED, being incredibly bullied due to her birthmarks and her self harm would have been a bit more empathetic to how overwhelmed and guarded those young people may have been.

Then way Jack talks about having to budge up to make space , of having to find extra chairs or put in an extra potato speaks volumes as to how she views those kids as interlopers into her family home . If her parents house wasnā€™t big enough to comfortably hold additional children, then they would not have been allowed to foster . There would be room at the table , without anyone having to crowd and fight for space .

I would hazard a guess that none of that actually happened how Jack tells it and that Jack kept all interaction with the cuckoos in her nest to a bare minimum. And I bet she never let them use any of her pens

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 135
She was supposedly enrolled in an OU degree in nutrition a few months ago, which appears to have been quietly dropped. I assume they sent over the first piece of work and she was shocked she had to actually study, so stuck it in a lever arch file to deal with ā€˜laterā€™.
Im doing my OU degree part time so a module every 8 months and itā€™s not been too full on but you canā€™t wing it.
There are optional tutorials which are taking place online just now due to covid and Iā€™ve been to as many as I can. Iā€™ve just submitted essay 3, two to go and an ICMA.

They have strict marking criteria too. Having said that the pass mark is 40 but if she did take on a degree even part time she would have to invest time and money in it too. Itā€™s not cheap. In Scotland itā€™s free if you earn below a certain level but in England and Wales I believe itā€™s a form of student loan.

I just think itā€™s incredible that sheā€™s always wanging on about how clever she is when sheā€™s not done any formal education since her GCSE days

Also. If you take on an OU degree they expect you to commit. There are instances where you can defer but if she started this degree and didnā€™t finish it she would be expected to repay the fees. Which are around 1k per module.

Also with the OU your first module doesnā€™t count towards your degree grade because they want to ease people in gently. They recognise that for some people this is their first ever experience of formal education. My first essay was 250 words and you are also given all the materials. You get course books and thereā€™s an online library and you arenā€™t allowed to use external sources

If she did start an OU degree and not follow through the genius that is Monroe is basically saying that she couldnā€™t cope with a 250 word essay..... but writes one about pasta thatā€™s 3000 words long. As you were.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
She gets away with this because she has half a million followers. Like. Sheā€™s boasting about having two honorary doctorates. Give me strength. For what itā€™s worth I think there are people who deserve to be honoured but sheā€™s actually boasting that sheā€™s an author and ha two honourary doctorates?

She turned up at two universities and they handed her a bit of paper and sheā€™s actually boasting about that?

Jack. Why donā€™t you put your money where your mouth is seeing as you think you are so clever and enrol on an actual open University degree. Letā€™s see one of your essays actually corrected by a tutor and then you can boast about how good your writing is.

Plus. Your books are awful.
JKR has 7 honorary doctorates, count them, Jack. Marcus Rashford MBE received one. Quite right too. But worth noting that Kermit the Frog also has an honorary doctorate... in Amphibious Letters.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Funny that she mentioned being studied in GCSE English cos I once had to analyse a video of THAT MAN in GCSE English šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Always up in her niche

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Iā€™ll be honest, I donā€™t care how much money JM cons out of idiots, I donā€™t care that she canā€™t open her mouth without a lie coming out and I donā€™t even care that sheā€™s a thoroughly nasty piece of work who has gathered the worst of Twitter around her.
None of it is new, there have always been grifters and liars and bullies, Monroe no more invented these character traits than she invented budget cooking.

A12D5691-DFD3-413E-92C3-D8D10D7CC645.jpeg

This I do care about. Her cosplaying at being working class is helping further marginalise an already marginalised community. Working class women in particular have always been sidelined and silenced, we have the smallest of voices in todays society and Jack Monroe has no right to be part of that voice. She is taking up a space that does not belong to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 112
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.