Jack Monroe #31 Grunka Lunka dunkety doo, we came for Jack but stayed for you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn't trying to disrupt anything. Just wanted Nonnymouse to delete her lies and then VOOMP that low impulse control kicked in and I'm still here.
On this I think we can agree that a lot of us nipped into the thread today while having a tea, a wee, a sit down, whatever - and are still here hours later :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I suppose it's a bit late for me to contribute my lunch but I had actual work to crack on with this afternoon! For lunch I had one of those microwave rice, quinoa and bean pouches (no rinsing required) with cheese cubes, tomato, cucumber and red pepper. I took it out to a park and had a nice socially distanced picnic by myself, was lush. For dinner I'm having a prawn stir fry

Reactions: 12
OT but does anyone know if you can use mascarpone in risotto? Serious replies only x
Might be a little too much like adding cream if you go overboard; you'd probably only need a spoonful and you'd be missing out on the flavour of Parmesan/Pecorino.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thanks. And thankyou for your clarifications about arthritis earlier on. Of all the things I have read about myself on here, the gaslighting about my own crappy joints was some of the worst of it, so I appreciated you giving people an insight.
I've got osteoarthritis, and I was just thinking about the flares yesterday when driving. My last car was an automatic due to dodgy knees and previously at work I required touch pad instead of mouse due to a dodgy elbow. Yet I'm now happily driving a manual transmission and using a mouse 🤞. At the moment I'm not even needing my stick

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I back and forth between feeling sorry for Jack but moreso cringing at her utter passive aggressiveness!

It blows my mind tbh I dont even understand why she would have graced the thread, either block the website or if she really wants to join in, pull up a chair and tell us your favourite ice cream not your life story
I think it’s something she needs to do. I kind of think good on her. But, I do hope she’s ok and getting good support. Or learning to be that support for herself. I didn’t like seeing direct nastiness and tbh I thought some of her responses that were interpreted as pass agg were just flippancy // sarcasm and quite funny 🤷‍♀️ I was imagining earlier this thread changing with Jack as an integral part playing along, getting some sound advice and love from some of the most wonderful humans on here and it all being better for her. Anyway that won’t happen I guess but I just hope she learns to not give a duck about what people say about her as it’s not healthy. Love you all ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Oh and Jack came across on here as aggressive and unpleasant - much like her Twitter persona. I’m sure that wasn’t what she intended when she came on. But evidently she just can’t help herself.
I actually think this is defensiveness. She acknowledges she can be awkward and hostile out of the gate. I imagine that whatever made her come here today involved having all guards up ready to go.

ETA I do feel she softened towards the room as time went on. Became a little chatty. I would be interested to know if her Experience here today left her feeling better or worse (or the same) as when she’s been on Twitter?

Last edited:
I would like the advice of the group about arthritis and pain conditions in general. I have suspected arthritis (or *something*) which means my hands/wrists and feet/ankles and sometimes my knees and elbows are exceptionally painful at the moment. I have had an x-ray, but it showed no sign of arthritis, and have had bloods done this morning to check whatever needs checking there. If they come back as negative, is this something I am likely to just have to live with? Is it likely to be some nebulous neurological thing that I am going to have to fight to get accepted. I'm worried it won't be taken seriously because I have an extensive mental health history. It's driving me a bit crazy. My partner tells me that I am probably the strongest person he's met with regard to putting up with pain (and he's been an extreme athlete), so I don't feel that it's likely that I am being a wimp about it, which is my immediate reaction to things like this normally. I'm just sick of waking up feeling drained and exhausted and hurt.
The rheumatology consultant used an ultrasound thingy on me for diagnosis as xrays don't show the bone surface or great detail.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
The rheumatology consultant used an ultrasound thingy on me for diagnosis as xrays don't show the bone surface or great detail.
Ultrasound is a useful resource for RA indeed as it can also help with identifying inflammation and fluid that X RAYS won’t show. It’s also accessible and cheap as MRI is an expensive and scarce resource really. What I learnt about rheumatoid conditions is that basically they’re pretty complex !! XRays shouldn’t really show anything as the damage hopefully won’t be done yet when symptoms start. Blood tests and clinical assessment is essential by an expert. Years ago we’d see damage on XR but now with treatments and drugs we don’t see it as much.

Reactions: 5
Mrs.J.had.a.Tattle.Account?

Well, as if I haven't got enough to do, now I've got to forensically examine previous threads to try and work out who she was.🤣

P.S. I bet Bellybutton is absolutely dying today....
Deeply unpopular opinion but I miss BBL, she was always really worried about Nims and I identified with that. There were questionable posts but she did make me chuckle. Forgot to add that I’m sure Yel said she wasn’t the person in the short-lived thread.

I’m just glad Jack sent Nims her book. I’m conflicted over how I feel about her being on here. I mean I kind of appreciate it, I like honesty and I like people who can face their mistakes and I like that she can call herself a twit. I’m not so sure that she’s taking the right message from it - that these are genuinely quite sweet people (some of whom get hung up on inconsistencies in a quite human way) who look after each other and in the majority want her to look after herself.

Since we’re all getting a chance to say something to Jack, I just want to say that how you treat people matters. How you treat important people, yes, we’ve all had to clamber up that greasy fire pole, but also trolls, little people, people who bear us ill will. A saying I use every single day is “kill them with kindness”, make the person feel a fool by being the better person. You can ignore this or even more likely belittle it. But if you can find it within you to be gracious on social media (which isn’t even the real world), I suspect more people will be gracious to you.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Aww no, I missed all the fun!

Jack, I'm terribly sorry for identifying the wrong one of your four sideboards the other day. It must be lovely to live somewhere with enough room for all that furniture. Are they all downstairs or are some them upstairs in your bungalow?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Sorry @Badlyplatedflapjacks - in all the furore I forgot to ay - congrats, re the job - great news and must be such a relief!

Right, Mr Nonny will be home in an hour and a half and I've not done any of the hausfrau things I told him I would do today - not that he cares, but I feel bad that I've spent all day on a site he cares not a jot about discoursing with a cook he didn't even know existed until I showed him the books HE bought me on at least 3 occasions...

So apologies that I contributed to bringing the mood down, it wasn't intentional, I'm off to find an ice lolly and get the chicken out of the freezer for tonight's fajitas.
Am Grunkaling along but just wanted to say....

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Aaw jeez, I’ve logged back on, felt horrified at the huge and unexpected number of pages to ‘grunka’ through - and then realised why! Kabook! I am shook! It’s going to take hours to read all this, I may never catch up! 😔

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.