Jack Monroe #31 Grunka Lunka dunkety doo, we came for Jack but stayed for you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These threads? I think they've been in bloggers since I turned up here. Influencers are the randoms including TikTokTwats.

Hinch is in grammers, the twit that jumps up and down on telly without a good reason (like the floor being lava) is in Gurus.
Tom Cruise?!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
These threads? I think they've been in bloggers since I turned up here. Influencers are the randoms including TikTokTwats.

Hinch is in grammers, the twit that jumps up and down on telly without a good reason (like the floor being lava) is in Gurus.
No, these ones were definitely always in Influencers

Reactions: 15
I think you've hit on something here, and I'm going to file it to think about later, or chat through with a friend. I think one of the things that has needled me so much about this site is the imprecision of some of the allegations made. It's like lighting a rocket under me, reading things that are inaccurate about me, my son, my family, etc, actually makes me feel wild. And I hyperfocus on it, and I guess that's why I'm here.

I get that your broad opinion of me is that I'm a twit. I had a good thing, I flaked out, I fucked up, I lashed out, I'm a dick, etc. I can handle that. I don't expect anyone to like me - I'm always genuinely surprised to have actual real life friends (and I do, long term no bullshit good meaningful friendships, I know some people here have expressed concern about that in the past so just to clear that up) - but I do have a real issue with being lied about. Even in jest. Even as conjecture. And I focus on it, and the need to correct it, clear it up, etc, to the detriment of my own mental health and wellbeing.

I am - despite all of the ridiculousness and the madness and the general bollocks - fairly self aware. I know where I fall down. I know where I get things wrong. But this is interesting to me, I guess, and I'll take it away and probe it a bit, away from here.

Now I really am going to do some work now, but I might be back later. I'll see how I feel. I've no interest in staying here as a permanent fixture, making everyone feel a bit itchy. I guess I just had some things to say.

No need to be embarrassed, I'm not!
I’m really glad you have good friends, I hope they’re the sort to call you on your tit. However, back to the point, if there’s any lies here, they’re based on your social media offerings. If you don’t say it, we can’t comment on it.

Reactions: 16
Jaaakkkk please tell me, this kind of thing keeps me up at night.

1- How are you going to prove libel against a tattle user? Libel being that your reputation has been affected and/or you have lost money.
Because you are a bit of a twit on twitter, and being a twit can also damage your reputation? What percentage of your damaged reputation is tattle and what percentage is your twattyness?

2- when you talk about triangulating what exactly do you mean? Did you trace someone’s IP to their door or did you check someone’s public twitter, find their name and town and then check a phone book directory?
The reason I’m confused about this is that me and my partner both work within the police and you simply can’t trace an IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) to the door easily.
You certainly need the network cooperation and in some cases a warrant. Even in cases of kidnap, when police rules and procedure go out of the window it just isn’t possibly to get to the door.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I had a rare quiet moment at work and thought I’d check in on the thread. I knew something had to have happened to have had so many comments & I’m only at number 500!! I’m veering between

And

• Haha
Reactions: 27
OT but does anyone know if you can use mascarpone in risotto? Serious replies only x

• Haha
It's very strange to me that someone who seems to interpret everything extremely literally (get off your phone/childcare) writes using heavily idiomatic language (the fire of a thousand suns, a train full of ghosts and kumquats) and makes statement such as eating 90% vegan when it's very obviously not the case (it would mean only 2 meals per week contain any type of animal product).
Something doesn't add up here. Hmmm. Jimmy?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Bloody hell Hausfrauen! I have just Grunka’d my way through the last few pages. How mental has it been to have Jack grace us with her presence? I initially only came over to TL after hearing Sali Hughes mention it on Twitter last year. I expected to see vile, spiteful women with no lives spouting their bile here, instead of in the Daily Mail comments section.

Instead, I have found women (and the odd man) who share opinions about people who choose to live their lives in the public domain and who yes, can be critical of such people at times. But in the main, the people on these threads are a friendly, caring and supportive community ( who like to have a witch and a gossip, which the last time I checked, wasn’t illegal.) One needs only to look through the JM threads to see how we all look out for one another when anyone mentions that they’re having a tit time of it.

There have been so many threads on JM where people have shown genuine concern for her welfare. I rarely post, but I lurk every day and although I have no idea who most of the names mentioned on TL are, I do know who JM is. I think it was an odd, but brave move on her behalf to publicly show up here today and defend herself. I will continue to read and post (occasionally) on TL and I hope that you all enjoy this gloriously sunny weather; remember to use plenty of SPF!
As you were cabal. 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 43
It means backing down on Twitter and admitting we’re not a bad bunch after all but you’re not great at doing that. I thought you had work to do anyway?
What Jack thinks about us is entirely up to her. Still, at least it is keeping her off Twitter.

• Haha
I can't believe I was actually working all afternoon so didn't check tattle and missed the main show. Guys, it was an absolute pleasure to spend the past hour reading over everything - beautifully done. Bravo!

I reckon Jack will be back under a different guise soon as she seemed to be enjoying chatting to everyone. Also, it probably helped to have some people tell the truth - sounds like her irl friends are tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Fibromyalgia isn’t diagnosed by a GP, it’s a Rheumatologist. I know, been there have the Fibro t shirt. Only took 5 years.
OK, I'll explain myself better. My experience was that my gp spotted it first and referred me to the rheumatology dept for confirmation, I was already serving rheumy for EDS.

Reactions: 5
I back and forth between feeling sorry for Jack but moreso cringing at her utter passive aggressiveness!

It blows my mind tbh I dont even understand why she would have graced the thread, either block the website or if she really wants to join in, pull up a chair and tell us your favourite ice cream not your life story

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.