Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MarmiteExtract

VIP Member
I'm sad my question about furlough hasn't been answered.

I feel like that bloke on Twitter who kept asking about what to do with his frozen chip shop chips.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 115

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
Guys, I’m being gaslit by Jack Monroe, I can’t believe it.

After the DKL death threat, Jack did actually message me on Twitter to say her DM’s we’re open should I ever wish to talk about it. I didn’t, because she could quite easily have put a stop to it and chose not to do so. About five minutes later I was blocked. I’m sure of it, 99.9%.

Went back today to check after she’s now claiming I’m not blocked, and as predicated I’m unblocked.

I’m sat here now wondering if it’s my mind and I made it all up in my head? I’m sure I didn’t, so this is what gaslighting feels like....

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 112

Harrybosch

VIP Member
@Jack_M If you are still here, let me just tell you why I'm here. Initially, I came over here because I saw tattle mentioned by one of your followers I think and the whole Jamie Oliver thing was going on. It didn't sit right with me, and I read here and was made aware of lots of other things you've said and done, so it was fun to read along and make a few quips. For some reason (and I truly don't know if this is true for the rest of Tattle), there was a great community of smart, funny women (and the odd Mancunian man) on here, who made me laugh when lockdown was tough, gave lots of great food and recipe suggestions, amazing book discussion, and whatever was happening with you on Twitter led to many great discussions about veganism, racism, gender identity.

I laughed a lot, at quick and smart jokes involving court outfits, horse spunk and Matt's forearms. Many of us felt able to discuss our own struggles with mental and physical health, and all I experienced was kindness and support. The amount of zoom meetings I have to sit through these days is frankly shocking, so to be able to tattle on the side has kept me relatively sane.

Every once in a while some person turned up without the best of intentions. They were reported and removed quickly (for things that wouldn't raise an eyebrow on Twitter).

Occassionally one of us crossed over to Twitter to comment. I did too on a couple of occassions. I never posted abuse of any kind. My messages would have been incredibly easy to ignore, but you engaged with me once in a very snippy way. I didn't respond because I felt uncomfortable about the whole thing. All I said was 'and paint' after all. You say you post impulsively and don't always get it right. Well, I guess the same is true for me from time to time.

I never wanted you to read here. It's been said so many times, this is about you, not for you. Please stay away. It's my happy place and I don't like this drama and woe is me shit that's happening here now. I want to crack on with jokes about how your concoctions involving butter, cheese and rinsed steak are actually all secretly vegan. Just let me do that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 106

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
Yes @Jack_M but surely you are aware that by constantly moaning about always being skint, and working 20 hour days, having no childcare and everything just being soooo hard, that people will constribute to your Patreon out of pity? You must also realise that every time you mention on a wide public platform that our only get the living wage, that you’re contributing to a narrative about yourself? That narrative being “I am poor and life is hard”. Why does every person on Twitter need to be repeatedly told how hard you work, how tired you are, how little money you pay yourself, and how you ‘give away’ your recipes despite selling books and distributing them on a website that is chock full of Ads. Pretending to not understand what affiliate links are... all of it, just stop. You’re allowed to make money, nobody could take issue with that, you deserve to be paid for your work, so does everyone - but please don’t pretend that you get nothing from ADs/publishing/sponsors/aff links. We know it’s bullshit

• Heart
Reactions: 98

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
This is so lame. I feel like we’ve been sucked into the Jack Monroe vortex of pity party attention seeking. I’m outta here until she finally fucks off!

• Haha
  • Heart

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
She's never going to bloody leave now is she

I'm off to the beach but PRAYING when I check this thread tomorrow you lot haven't been brainwashed by Jack's woe-is-me gaslighting and turned into a bunch of spunk-lasagne eating bean rinsers

• Haha
  • Heart

Flumps

VIP Member
I'm not a liar. I wish I had the time to sit here and counter every single untrue thing on here that's been said about me, every thing you yourselves have twisted to fit the narrative of me you wish to paint and project. I've been so tempted, so many times.

Like the other day I was tempted to post a photo of the fucking grey unit that WAS 93kg - it's not the one in the middle of my studio floor, it's the one in the tiny room next door that's twice the size. I have four sideboards in my house, I mean congrats on correctly identifying one of them, but it was the wrong one. Speculation about my income. Speculation about my son, my sons father, my personal life, my exes, my home, my weight, my meds, I could sit here and literally counter every single one of them if I had the time. You have no idea how much self control it's taken not to bowl over here with photos of my labelled ADHD and arthritis meds, doctors letters, prescription photos, payslips, the lot.
Ok, I should stop responding to you, because I genuinely think it's a terrible idea for you to be here. For absolute clarity, I mean for you, not us. However, we all have our weak points and mine is endlessly trying to fix things.

You may be able to do all these things, and show us how wrong we are, but you should absolutely not. You cannot be both a public figure, with a glorious platform (and you are), and completely untouchable and beyond comment/criticism. Being a public figure is going to attract comment. Some of it is going to be negative. Some of that will be potentially ok to you, some of it may seem beyond the pale. Some of it will be downright shitty. Either way, it shouldn't matter to you. You shouldn't give one tiny shit what I (a complete nobody to you) or anyone who doesn't personally know you thinks of you, based on how you are projecting yourself on social media. And yet you do, because here you are rolling in what you see as the dirt with us. Please think about what that is saying about how much you rely on other people for validation. I used to do that too, not obviously at your level, because your reach is much wider, but I used to think it was really important what everyone thought about me. That's because I didn't have a sense of self, for complicated and distressing reasons. It's caused me a lot of heartache and a lot of pain. I would, if I was you, go and talk to someone about that.

You have already been given the best advice here anyway, which is to cultivate a public 'Jack Monroe the writer' presence and leave Jack the person safe at home and with friends and family. Do you see other famous people, say Nigella or any public figure doing what you're doing. No, you don't, because it's unhealthy and terrible for you.

You aren't the hardest done by person in this room, or I'm guessing most rooms, though I accept you're going through a shitty time right now, but lots of us are, it's a tough time. Stop recycling misery and move on.

• Heart
Reactions: 97

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I hope you're sitting down, because I'm about to tell you something huge.

It's possible for my son to have a great father who is usually around and co-parenting, and for that great father to have gone back to work last week managing a shop full time with a whole new way of working and retraining staff so he's currently NOT around to co-parent. So yes, at points I have and have had no childcare. I mean, my partner left and my sons father went back to work and my mum is shielding. At some point, I will have childcare again, because circumstances change. Especially at the moment.
Dont talk to me like a dickhead, mate. You've made a show of yourself. Fucking own it.

You said literally in the space of like 2 days, some weeks ago, that you had NO childcare and stressed how awful it was. Then TV jack comes out and says he has been around and helped out loads. Youre full of shit mate.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 89

Ellabella

VIP Member
@Jack_M You really, really need to stay away from social media for the sake of your health. You are addicted to it and it's destroying you. You seek out the negative comments and obsess over them. Focus on real life, your son and family and your support network. Stop flouncing, then secretly still reading along, stop posting pictures looking for affirmation, stop sadfishing. Delete the apps from your phone. Get your admin to run your account. Your self worth is not determined by social media x.

• Heart
Reactions: 86

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
Oh goodness me, I feel like the rules need to cut both ways. I would never ever ever condone abusing @Jack_M or hounding her on her various platforms, but arghhhh can’t we all just be over here talking about the endless manipulation and piss taking Patreon and irresponsible behaviour - without Jack coming and shouting at us? FWIW Jack, a huge percentage of people on this thread were rooting for you at one stage. As far as I can tell, anybody taking things too far is immediately told to stop by not only members, but also very swiftly dealt with by Admin. People here are fed up with you as they also have, or have had chronic illness, mental health issues, addiction etc and feel that you have twisted your own experiences to fit into a perpetual victim narrative, which you happily cash in on whilst bemoaning your impoverished existence. There are thousands of comments on here that expose your many lies and narcissistic tendencies.... @Nonnymouse seems to have got you riled up, but can you answer to all of the other things said on here? Not one single thing said on here has been based on anything other than what you yourself have put out there in the public domain. Nobody here should be trolling you, and if they are, no regular posters here would find that acceptable at all. If everything here is libel, it’s only because we’ve got the bullshit from the horses mouth.

• Heart
Reactions: 85

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
Has anyone got a gif of Mariah Carey being wheeled away again looking sad? My thread name glory is being seriously sabotaged here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
I blocked a load of people I thought were Tattlers one night when I was having a bad bit. It certainly wasn't five minutes after DMing you, and I know this because I kept checking back hoping to hear from you, wondering if you were okay, worrying about you, thinking about sending another message but also worrying that that might come across as weird, not knowing what the right thing to do was, etc. I'm actually quite sad about this post because yes I do fuck up, but I also mean what I say, and when I said you could talk to me etc, I meant it. Still do.
Jack, my problem with this is that you knew exactly what you were doing when you replied in the fashion you did to the tweet I wrote. I’m sure you agree that if you find something weird, strange or just a bit off you’re perfectly within your rights to be able to express an opinion on Twitter without receiving the abuse I got from the back of it.

The tweet was never directed at yourself specifically, it was you and Matt and I think a perfectly valid question - coming back in such a passive aggressive manner about not going to the Ritz or whatever was out of line, especially when we’ve heard all about your trips to the Groucho! I live on the North-East coast and I’m from a family who were hit hard during the miners strikes when I was born, if my Grandparents can buy afternoon tea and be inexpensive I’m sure you can.

If you respond to someone in such a manner (as you’d done time and time before me to other tweeters) it gives all those followers the whole ‘if Jack talks to them like that then I can too’. All you need to do is express to be kind to people and I’m absolutely positive that the people who also reply to stuff would be kind too. You have a social responsibility on Twitter to be kind and not let people be set upon like that.

I don’t wish you any harm at all, but I do believe you need to think before tweeting.

• Heart
Reactions: 83

kirkvanhouten

It means I genuinely can't be arsed. There's a lot that is libel - I have a folder of them, but those of you who have made your minds up about me already aren't going to be swayed by whatever I say here. I'm currently torn between doing an AMA thread for an hour, or walking away completely. But I will say:

- I posted Nims book weeks ago. It took about 9 days to arrive, because my postal service is obviously broken somewhere.

- I don't earn a six figure income. Never have. Probably never will.

- I've never taken heroin, and I was absolutely shocked that people were alleging that (week 2 of DKL, I have screenshots, that's the point I started taking advice about things that were posted here from a legal standpoint because allegations like that are horrendous.)

- I have lost over two stone recently, yes, and my stomach bloats when I eat onions which is probably why it looked 'so round' in that godawful sports bra photo the other day. I can post screenshots from my super duper scales that link to an app on my phone, or you can just use your eyes and see that I look different now to then.

- I never used to use filters on my photos, but I discovered FaceTune a couple of months back after a friend asked me to shoot a headshot for her. I definitely overuse the smoothing blur function thing on my legs - I'm weird about my birthmarks - and went a bit wild on my teeth in the garden photo, but I've never used it to make myself look thinner, or hacked bits out of my limbs or whatever. I have skinny arms and a complex about a snaggle tooth. I'm a bit insecure since my relationship went to shit so I want to feel pretty every now and then. Is that really so awful?

- Mrs J asked to be called that in the early days of our relationship to protect her privacy, and then it stuck.

- I was joking about only dating people who let me cook; it was an in joke between me and a friend but I can see how it looked a bit weird out of context.

- Everyone should have had their Kickstarter book bloody ages ago, and most of the time when people complained they hadn't had it, it was because they hadn't provided their address despite 13 or 14 reminders to do do.

Have I missed anything huge or can I get on with my work now?
I think you've missed the point, people here were your fans. Just coming to me because i don't know everyone here but i was a huge fan of yours! I have loads of your books, i have some postcards you sold, I even bought a bloody HnM jumpsuit because you said about it and looked awesome.

I think what i find irks me most is this faux poor narrative. If you keep up with these threads you will know im not in an ideal situation. I don't like to bring my personal life up but I am genuinely living in poverty right now. I have completely lost any form of bond we had. It is hard to relate to someone who says they are poor and not earning loads when actually....they are doing ok. Maybe you aren't a millionaire but it seems like you aren't doing so badly.

I find the patreon in poor taste. People are donating who are actually worse off then you and i find that crass.

I find this post defensive and although you cant infer over the internet, it seems quite insulting. We know you have work to do, I actually am finding your responses actually helpful. I think it would take a bit of humility and acceptance on your part would actually go a long way.

Just before you head off if you do - your prerecorded segment on DK was actually good, if i were you i would hone in to that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 81