Jack Monroe #31 Grunka Lunka dunkety doo, we came for Jack but stayed for you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone please remind me what this was?my memory is appalling at the best of times, let alone when I'm catching up on 20+ pages of quality tattle
It was just telling her she had a DM. Her followers must have been wondering wtf it was all about.

Reactions: 4
I still feel shellshocked tbh. And twitter/insta/fb are all none the wiser. Feels so strange.

Reactions: 10
I've got osteoarthritis, and I was just thinking about the flares yesterday when driving. My last car was an automatic due to dodgy knees and previously at work I required touch pad instead of mouse due to a dodgy elbow. Yet I'm now happily driving a manual transmission and using a mouse 🤞. At the moment I'm not even needing my stick
Mine's (PsA) being a right bastard to me at the moment. I'm basically immobile due to it affecting my right sacroiliac joint at present, so even with the enforced rest from The Plague that's meant my ankle/Achilles Tendon/Plantar Fascia is OK, I've got pain in my lower back and hip and my hands and feet all feel incredibly tight and restricted.

Mr Dragon spent ages last night battering the crap out of my hands to try and get them moving again (it's a BOGOF offer, I needed help to get emollient on for the Psoriasis side, he threw in the massage) and the middle joints are only slightly less painful than they were yesterday. I was going to have my biologics changed three months ago to something fancier than Humira, but, you know, plague, means I won't see anybody for the foreseeable future and I can't get a steroid shot to keep me ticking over, either. (I'm allergic to pain, NSAIDs, Tramadol, etc, so I've only got paracetamol and non drug things). The tightness in my hands is probably the worst bit, as I can feel the range of movement dropping down despite regular stretching through the day.

It's all terribly inconvenient if you ask me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I've been to Iceland and have bought classic Magums, the solo lollies, and their limited edition cones. Just deciding where to start.
DO NOT START WITH THE WHITE CHOCOLATE MAGNUMS 🤢 go for the Solos, as good as Soleros

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What a day!

I don’t post often but do read & try & keep up. If Meghan Markle appears on the Harry & Meghan threads I’m going to give up on having an off screen life.

New thread title: “Shan’t”

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Now? In a pandemic? With my son off school and his father back to work full time? Should we go and pick fruit together or what?
Actually Jack - yes that is what people go and do when they HAVE to. When they are genuinely in that position and need money to live on. 😠

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Ultrasound is a useful resource for RA indeed as it can also help with identifying inflammation and fluid that X RAYS won’t show. It’s also accessible and cheap as MRI is an expensive and scarce resource really. What I learnt about rheumatoid conditions is that basically they’re pretty complex !! XRays shouldn’t really show anything as the damage hopefully won’t be done yet when symptoms start. Blood tests and clinical assessment is essential by an expert. Years ago we’d see damage on XR but now with treatments and drugs we don’t see it as much.
I get an x-ray every so often to see how one joint or other is progressing. My doctor gave me side eye the last time as I burst out laughing at the last sentence of the report. Apparently my right big toe is "almost completely fused", to which my reply was "I should bloody hope so, given that that's the joint with a surgical fusion!".

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m feeling shortchanged then, crappy 15.min consult, then a letter
I've lost entire days in hospitals, going between various waiting areas for assorted tests, going to other ones and waiting, then others...I can't recommend it as an occupation conducive to maintaining regular employment.

Can't beat a good 20 minutes wait, 15 minute consultation (10 of which is shoving a fuckoff big needle in somewhere), here's your blood forms, see you again in three months - call us if you're about to die of side effects and we'll get back to you a couple of days later.

Gives more time for limping around Borough Market, for a start. And another chance to bash Gennaro Wotsisface across the shins for shoving past me to get the nicest looking Pennybun mushrooms with my stick

Reactions: 4
What Jack thinks about us is entirely up to her. Still, at least it is keeping her off Twitter.
Of course. Similarly, what we think about her is up to us but she still lets us know her opinion on that.

Edit: not sure that made sense but it did in my head 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What happens now? Is she allowed to continue posting or has she been banned? 🤔
Admin post indicated once there is a new thread Jack should only contact Tattle via email. Not banning as such, but Tattle isn't a forum for the influencer. Not what it is about.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Admin post indicated once there is a new thread Jack should only contact Tattle via email. Not banning as such, but Tattle isn't a forum for the influencer. Not what it is about.
She said she’d be back, so she’d better be planning for it to be this evening if she wants mods to allow her in!

Reactions: 6
I didn’t think Jack did too badly today.
Unfortunately, being in the public eye will lead to people talking about a person, and being judgmental. It goes with the territory. It isn’t nice. And social media helps a lot. Years ago it would have just been in newspapers & magazines & far easier to ignore.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.