Jack Monroe #31 Grunka Lunka dunkety doo, we came for Jack but stayed for you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm actually really calm and chilled, feel better than I have done for a while. I mean that could change, because humans are complex your honour, but if you're hoping I'm furiously smashing away at my keyboard while sobbing into a pile of mayo cake, I'm not.
I'm not hoping anything. I also dont think youre angry right now. I do think youre feeding the troll in your head though, knowingly so, and will still play the pity/victim card later.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think this thread should be renamed to (sorry Grunka, we’ll hit you up again, prom)

Unexpected Butterflies.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
The point is you tweeted you had no childcare, and you had to do it all alone. But he was there at that time to share the parenting.

[Jimmy]
Are you saying, that when I sent a tweet saying I had no childcare (I have no idea which tweet you're referring to by the way, I tweet a lot), my sons father was RIGHT THERE? Because I can tell you now, he most certainly was not. And again with this spouting conjecture as fact thing, it's bizarre. Why do you frame things as statements and not questions?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Are you saying, that when I sent a tweet saying I had no childcare (I have no idea which tweet you're referring to by the way, I tweet a lot), my sons father was RIGHT THERE? Because I can tell you now, he most certainly was not. And again with this spouting conjecture as fact thing, it's bizarre. Why do you frame things as statements and not questions?
Again, this nonsense 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I can’t believe she’s posting here since 11:00am (can’t be bothered to check the exact time), has confirmed she will be leaving to do other things at least twice and is still here four hours later...

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
I hope you're sitting down, because I'm about to tell you something huge.

It's possible for my son to have a great father who is usually around and co-parenting, and for that great father to have gone back to work last week managing a shop full time with a whole new way of working and retraining staff so he's currently NOT around to co-parent. So yes, at points I have and have had no childcare. I mean, my partner left and my sons father went back to work and my mum is shielding. At some point, I will have childcare again, because circumstances change. Especially at the moment.
I would also like to ask you Jack, where was your son yesterday when you were doing your live? You said “when you come back there will be another one of these”

also who is the “they” who you were eating cake with who couldn’t taste mayo?

granted this is pedantic as duck but it’s annoyingly when someone won’t just be honest.

Also many many single mums can hold down a decent full or part time job, you don’t have it any worse than many. Plus you have a lot of opportunities available to you through your platform.

edit: Can you show us the smeg?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I would like the advice of the group about arthritis and pain conditions in general. I have suspected arthritis (or *something*) which means my hands/wrists and feet/ankles and sometimes my knees and elbows are exceptionally painful at the moment. I have had an x-ray, but it showed no sign of arthritis, and have had bloods done this morning to check whatever needs checking there. If they come back as negative, is this something I am likely to just have to live with? Is it likely to be some nebulous neurological thing that I am going to have to fight to get accepted. I'm worried it won't be taken seriously because I have an extensive mental health history. It's driving me a bit crazy. My partner tells me that I am probably the strongest person he's met with regard to putting up with pain (and he's been an extreme athlete), so I don't feel that it's likely that I am being a wimp about it, which is my immediate reaction to things like this normally. I'm just sick of waking up feeling drained and exhausted and hurt.
Ask what your CRP and ESR are and what the normal range is. It's easy for them to be overlooked unless they're actually sky high, but I get symptoms of active disease even when they're near enough normal.

There's a known link between uncontrolled inflammation and mood entirely independent of 'mental health' - ie, 'No, I am not thinking I'm in pain because I am depressed, I AM in pain with uncontrolled inflammation' and 'I know I'm starting to flare because my mood is beginning to dip'.

As inflammatory arthritis can and does present without obvious markers (Rheumatoid Factor, for example) and doctors are known to say 'well, it's there, but lots of people have that so we'll ignore it' it is worth asking for referral to a Rheumatologist rather than 'living with it' and taking NSAIDS. It's called seronegative then.

There are also hypermobility disorders than can cause joint pain and tiredness. Again, the rheumatologist is more appropriate now, not later.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I can’t believe she’s posting here since 11:00am (can’t be bothered to check the exact time), has confirmed she will be leaving to do other things at least twice and is still here four hours later...
god don't, that means i've been here for 4 bleeping hours too. i'm off to have a cold shower, i want some fun questions answered

JM - I grated a mushroom inspired by DKL, it's surprisingly bleeping difficult so fair does x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
This'll be counting as part of her busy 11 hour working day, no doubt.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Ask what your CRP and ESR are and what the normal range is. It's easy for them to be overlooked unless they're actually sky high, but I get symptoms of active disease even when they're near enough normal.

There's a known link between uncontrolled inflammation and mood entirely independent of 'mental health' - ie, 'No, I am not thinking I'm in pain because I am depressed, I AM in pain with uncontrolled inflammation' and 'I know I'm starting to flare because my mood is beginning to dip'.

As inflammatory arthritis can and does present without obvious markers (Rheumatoid Factor, for example) and doctors are known to say 'well, it's there, but lots of people have that so we'll ignore it' it is worth asking for referral to a Rheumatologist rather than 'living with it' and taking NSAIDS. It's called seronegative then.

There are also hypermobility disorders than can cause joint pain and tiredness. Again, the rheumatologist is more appropriate now, not later.
Thanks. I think my GP is pretty good and sympathetic and I dimly remember mention of a rheumatologist if we got nowhere with standard tests when we first started discussing it, but that was days before lockdown and I kinda let things slide because *life* happened.

Reactions: 6
Dont talk to me like a head, mate. You've made a show of yourself. bleeping own it.

You said literally in the space of like 2 days, some weeks ago, that you had NO childcare and stressed how awful it was. Then TV jack comes out and says he has been around and helped out loads. Youre full of tit mate.

He has been around sharing childcare. We generally prefer to use the term 'parenting' between us but I do use the word 'childcare' as a wider term as well. But at the moment, he's back at work, and I'm doing it alone, and finding it quite difficult. I'm not sure what part of that is difficult to comprehend, exactly. Mate.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
I wasn't trying to disrupt anything. Just wanted Nonnymouse to delete her lies and then VOOMP that low impulse control kicked in and I'm still here.
hmm, you said you wanted me to 'retract' them, and I have clearly said that if, as you say, you didn't buy views then I wholly retract them. Deleting them would ruin the entire flow of the thread so seems a bit pointless. Admin are welcome to do so if they wish.

And no, I don't think Jack should be banned, I don't see she's done anything to break the rules, and fair's fair. As to whether I think it's a good idea to be here, that's different, although part of me thinks it may be better to be here with a right to respond than just sitting reading and have no way to refute things.

Oh and I still haven't read my Twitter DMs from you, sorry, I usually have tit impulse control too but I really don't think it would be a good thing at the mo as we've both said what we wanted to say here, where it can't be misrepresented.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
I would like the advice of the group about arthritis and pain conditions in general. I have suspected arthritis (or *something*) which means my hands/wrists and feet/ankles and sometimes my knees and elbows are exceptionally painful at the moment. I have had an x-ray, but it showed no sign of arthritis, and have had bloods done this morning to check whatever needs checking there. If they come back as negative, is this something I am likely to just have to live with? Is it likely to be some nebulous neurological thing that I am going to have to fight to get accepted. I'm worried it won't be taken seriously because I have an extensive mental health history. It's driving me a bit crazy. My partner tells me that I am probably the strongest person he's met with regard to putting up with pain (and he's been an extreme athlete), so I don't feel that it's likely that I am being a wimp about it, which is my immediate reaction to things like this normally. I'm just sick of waking up feeling drained and exhausted and hurt.
Have you looked into fibromyalgia? it causes hideous joint pain, along with many other delightful symptoms but on xray there's nothing. Its not diagnosed by bloods or xrays, its diagnosed on symptoms either by a GP or Rheumatologist. Have a look at the symptoms and have a chat with your GP. I hope its something easily managed. Good luck x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.