Jack Monroe #31 Grunka Lunka dunkety doo, we came for Jack but stayed for you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These threads have genuinely been a saviour for me during lockdown. You guys have been such a good bunch; a real mixture of people, lives, experiences etc. The whole site, actually. Some areas are savage AF but I really dont think these JM ones are.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
That had me hooting so much I nearly laughed up a lung. Though I am a very odd Salfordian, if I want to be pedantic. (but I can walk to Manchester City Centre quicker than I can to Salford Shopping City, as Salford City Centre is laughingly called.)
Ah I worked in Salford for nearly 20 years until very recently. Lived there too for a while. Loved it and the people. You've made me smile with memories of Salford Shopping City :)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Jack, if you’re going to hang about, stop chatting tit up in our faces and answer some fun stuff:

Fave thread title
What’s your court outfit gonna be?
How many bottles of Penhaligon’s do you own?
Did you like Tiger King?
Which posts here made you laugh?
Have you bought yourself a new crop top yet?
What does Matt smell like?
Kumquat?

If you’re not going to answer these, maybe it’s best if you do leave. Some days you’re the dog, and other days you’re the bone.
Yes. What DOES Matt smell like?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
This whole little interlude certainly gives new insight into the concept of complete self-absorption.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
In terms of guest appearances in an ongoing series this defs rates like 2/10, no scandal no lolz just a load of whinging and attitude

• Haha
Reactions: 41
..... I come back to tell the little haus fraus I got the temp summer job and thus operation Don't Be Poor is going well and Holy Moly!...

Welcome @Jack_M I think it takes guts to come here whether or not it's sensible so kudos for that.

I doubt you came here for advice but I was once a genuine fan so here goes; I work in education and as a result have to be careful on social media even though social media has nothing to do with my job. I have to hide my full name, bikini pictures and I'm careful about sharing political opinions. I can't do anything online that I wouldn't like my nan or headteacher to see. Even though social media has nothing to do with my job if I use it recklessly it could cost me.

Wise use of social media is a massive part of your job and I think you would be a lot happier if you could separate work and home online. I've said this all along on these threads so I don't mind repeating it. You are your own brand and you need to make a distinction between Jack the person and Jack Monroe the food writer.

This advice is genuinely meant. Whether you listen to it is of course up to you.
Fab news @Badlyplatedflapjacks, congratulations 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I would also like to ask you Jack, where was your son yesterday when you were doing your live? You said “when you come back there will be another one of these”

also who is the “they” who you were eating cake with who couldn’t taste mayo?

granted this is pedantic as duck but it’s annoyingly when someone won’t just be honest.

Also many many single mums can hold down a decent full or part time job, you don’t have it any worse than many. Plus you have a lot of opportunities available to you through your platform.

edit: Can you show us the smeg?
1. A friend took him out because it is bleeping miserable to ask an exuberant ten year old to be silent for an hour while I film. I did it the other week but I found it quiiiiiite stressful and he did too, so I made alternative arrangements. I'll probably do the same next week if that's alright?

2. The 'they' who couldn't taste mayo were my son, and a friend who came over for a socially distanced garden chat. She actually text me the next day saying she wanted to post about the cake on her social media, and I said no because I didn't want to start a row about having a friend round to visit. But my friends are well aware I'm having some kind of breakdown at the moment, so they're checking in.

3. No because that's just weird? And I bought and paid for it myself.

I'm just sad that I don't know whether her Landrover was black or green :(
Neither. Navy blue.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I think my favourite Jack quote from today is: "why do you BOTHER mithering on about things you know duck all about?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
1. A friend took him out because it is bleeping miserable to ask an exuberant ten year old to be silent for an hour while I film. I did it the other week but I found it quiiiiiite stressful and he did too, so I made alternative arrangements. I'll probably do the same next week if that's alright?
Wonderful! Thank you for clarifying what no childcare means.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.