Jack Monroe #31 Grunka Lunka dunkety doo, we came for Jack but stayed for you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
your circumstances have been used by you to fit your story and usp of being hard done by and poor. God forbid anyone then repeats it back. Especially when you give different versions to people (twitter- no childcare, this morning- great father helping)
I hope you're sitting down, because I'm about to tell you something huge.

It's possible for my son to have a great father who is usually around and co-parenting, and for that great father to have gone back to work last week managing a shop full time with a whole new way of working and retraining staff so he's currently NOT around to co-parent. So yes, at points I have and have had no childcare. I mean, my partner left and my sons father went back to work and my mum is shielding. At some point, I will have childcare again, because circumstances change. Especially at the moment.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Do you want to portray this as you coming in all sad and forthcoming just to clear up libel claims; just to then antagonise & mock people into turning on you and being rude?

Nah.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Hausfrauen, babes and our lone friend from Salford, for the avoidance of any doubt, I'm stepping away from all electronic devices and planting my bikini clad arse in my deckchair. Have to finish 'the people in the trees'. Very sad, but very beautifully written.
@Lenny_Briscoe I'm leaving the Mrs J Investigation to you. X

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Getting ITSU seaweed crackers is so much nicer;
In this warm weather I think it's ok to eat more salt to replenish ourselves :D (once my juice fast ends :LOL: )

Ooh I'll have to try them, are they like this? I do love these

fantastic_seaweed_rice_cracker.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I hope you're sitting down, because I'm about to tell you something huge.

It's possible for my son to have a great father who is usually around and co-parenting, and for that great father to have gone back to work last week managing a shop full time with a whole new way of working and retraining staff so he's currently NOT around to co-parent. So yes, at points I have and have had no childcare. I mean, my partner left and my sons father went back to work and my mum is shielding. At some point, I will have childcare again, because circumstances change. Especially at the moment.
Dont talk to me like a head, mate. You've made a show of yourself. bleeping own it.

You said literally in the space of like 2 days, some weeks ago, that you had NO childcare and stressed how awful it was. Then TV jack comes out and says he has been around and helped out loads. Youre full of tit mate.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 89
Every time you use this gif, it sends me over the edge 😂
Honestly it's my most overused gif but it's so, so relevant to so many things here. There's no point rotating through giphy's 'trying not to laugh' options as this one has it all, it even makes me laugh watching it back, after all this time...

I also wanna know how often JM checks in, does she ever lol at any of our antics? Surely? Most of our contributors are legit comedians

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Why's it nonsense to....be on my laptop? In a different room to my phones? If you really must know they're in a charging dock in the hallway, and I'm in the dining room/studio. Such nonsense. It's things like this that are like, why do you BOTHER mithering on about things you know duck all about?
I'm going to take this in good faith, because this is the kind of thing my daughter would get het up about because she has HFA and sometimes if I use words imprecisely it's very upsetting for her. What was meant was that you shouldn't be posting and spiraling here. The form of technology you are using to do that is irrelevant. It's the actions you are taking that people are advising you against.

The fact that @HockyRorror was wrong about the device you are using means nothing, it was an illustration of what you were doing, which was the point, and you are focusing on the wrong thing here.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I blocked a load of people I thought were Tattlers one night when I was having a bad bit. It certainly wasn't five minutes after DMing you, and I know this because I kept checking back hoping to hear from you, wondering if you were okay, worrying about you, thinking about sending another message but also worrying that that might come across as weird, not knowing what the right thing to do was, etc. I'm actually quite sad about this post because yes I do duck up, but I also mean what I say, and when I said you could talk to me etc, I meant it. Still do.
Jack, my problem with this is that you knew exactly what you were doing when you replied in the fashion you did to the tweet I wrote. I’m sure you agree that if you find something weird, strange or just a bit off you’re perfectly within your rights to be able to express an opinion on Twitter without receiving the abuse I got from the back of it.

The tweet was never directed at yourself specifically, it was you and Matt and I think a perfectly valid question - coming back in such a passive aggressive manner about not going to the Ritz or whatever was out of line, especially when we’ve heard all about your trips to the Groucho! I live on the North-East coast and I’m from a family who were hit hard during the miners strikes when I was born, if my Grandparents can buy afternoon tea and be inexpensive I’m sure you can.

If you respond to someone in such a manner (as you’d done time and time before me to other tweeters) it gives all those followers the whole ‘if Jack talks to them like that then I can too’. All you need to do is express to be kind to people and I’m absolutely positive that the people who also reply to stuff would be kind too. You have a social responsibility on Twitter to be kind and not let people be set upon like that.

I don’t wish you any harm at all, but I do believe you need to think before tweeting.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
My thread title question is still unanswered!

Also, Jack, given the actual meaning of trolling is to purposefully disrupt forums and online places with your content, doesn't you're coming here mean that you are, in fact, the troll?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Honestly it's my most overused gif but it's so, so relevant to so many things here. There's no point rotating through giphy's 'trying not to laugh' options as this one has it all, it even makes me laugh watching it back, after all this time...

I also wanna know how often JM checks in, does she ever lol at any of our antics? Surely? Most of our contributors are legit comedians
She told Saturn that she found it funny

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I just can’t say this often enough - YOU spew this information out constantly. WE don’t just make random tit up. You say your child’s dad just went back to work last week. Fair enough, but up until that point he was co-parenting, yes? So why the poor me narrative? What is the point of communicating every little misery to the world??

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Yeah, Jack if you say the username or the date I can find out why. We do have a lot of people trying to troll on here..
I'll ask her later. She wasn't bothered by it, I think she came to defend me a bit and got slung off pretty sharpish. I was touched she had tried to be honest. We weren't living together by then, she told me a few days later about it.

She told Saturn that she found it funny
One or two comments out of thirty thousand have raised a wry smile, yes. Those aren't GREAT odds. And I am also able to laugh at myself sometimes, I know you may think I'm a joyless woke harpy, but even I am aware that sometimes I am bleeping ridiculous. That manky sports bra will live on in my box of shame for a loooooooooong time.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I just can’t say this often enough - YOU spew this information out constantly. WE don’t just make random tit up. You say your child’s dad just went back to work last week. Fair enough, but up until that point he was co-parenting, yes? So why the poor me narrative? What is the point of communicating every little misery to the world??
Do you want me to get the calendar out and send you the dates over that we each had him or what?

I'll ask her later. She wasn't bothered by it, I think she came to defend me a bit and got slung off pretty sharpish. I was touched she had tried to be honest. We weren't living together by then, she told me a few days later about it.
hmmm I don't like the idea that we ban people who are being fair/balanced/nice on this site, it's not at all true edit: and I think it's written/said to give kudos to the idea this is a hateful troll coven rather than a balanced discussion site. There's a whole section for fanning influencers, at the very worst someone would have said eh go there but the moderators certainly wouldn't have banned her for that, there's no breach in the rules there? CC @Yel

We've all written nice things about you at one point or another and we've not been banned for it...

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.