Jack Monroe #31 Grunka Lunka dunkety doo, we came for Jack but stayed for you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi there Jack!

Now, I've came across some advice during lockdown. Same advice from 2 different sources. Helena Boham Carter and Ru Paul. Both, I'm sure you'll agree, absolute legends.

IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF YOU.

You're welcome.
Yeah, I had this chat with a good friend on the phone the night before last. He said it without shouting though. It'll take a while for it to sink in, but thanks for the reinforcement!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'll let you know when I've covered it off in therapy x
Please don't. I should be a complete non-entity to you. You should never feel that you need to engage with anyone online at all. If and when you do, please accept that this is 100% your choice and you have the option to act differently.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Puts her whole life and its twists & turns on a platform, then throws a paddy because someone repeats it back. 🤯

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Here's a thing - blue cheese and Marmite on Coop Black Pepper Crackers. With chilled green grapes.

That's a lunch of epic proportions (especially when you've only had it because you're starving and there's no bread for a peanut butter sandwich). Violife Blue will be a perfectly acceptable non dairy alternative, as the blue flavour is actually very, very accurate.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I now have to go back through all the old threads and read Bellybutton's posts anew. #mrsjisbellybutton #dontquoteme #gaslightingthecabal

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I made a mistake with terminology. I have a compromised immune system, which isn't the same as being immunocompromised. I was never advised not to leave the house, I just got a bit weird about it at the start of the pandemic. And since, actually, I lost my house keys days ago and haven't needed them because I'm very happy to be indoors. I didn't pop out for paint, I popped out to do work errands that I couldn't do from home and the paint was in the same shop as some of my work supplies, so I picked it up while I was there. I didn't think for one minute people would kick up a fuss about it.

As for the TV studio, we all had to maintain social distancing at all times and they were rigorous about it. We had daily temperature checks, almost everyone except me and Matt were in PPE, etc.
Neither of you seemed that bothered about washing your hands. In one episode you appeared to be sitting there with your hands on your face, then you went to prepare something that involved you touching it then offering it around. That was gross. Even a child knows you should wash your hands before you cook.

btw lost keys, ask the fairies to return them.

Reactions: 13
Guys, I’m being gaslit by Jack Monroe, I can’t believe it.

After the DKL death threat, Jack did actually message me on Twitter to say her DM’s we’re open should I ever wish to talk about it. I didn’t, because she could quite easily have put a stop to it and chose not to do so. About five minutes later I was blocked. I’m sure of it, 99.9%.

Went back today to check after she’s now claiming I’m not blocked, and as predicated I’m unblocked.

I’m sat here now wondering if it’s my mind and I made it all up in my head? I’m sure I didn’t, so this is what gaslighting feels like....
I blocked a load of people I thought were Tattlers one night when I was having a bad bit. It certainly wasn't five minutes after DMing you, and I know this because I kept checking back hoping to hear from you, wondering if you were okay, worrying about you, thinking about sending another message but also worrying that that might come across as weird, not knowing what the right thing to do was, etc. I'm actually quite sad about this post because yes I do duck up, but I also mean what I say, and when I said you could talk to me etc, I meant it. Still do.

Reactions: 1
Just had 2 tomatoes chopped up with a bit of olive oil & some (fresh, sorry) lemon and salt which seems like an easy form of sustenance in the heat. Fancy an ice cold shower but don't want to leave the computer!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Here's a thing - blue cheese and Marmite on Coop Black Pepper Crackers. With chilled green grapes.
Delicious, but I can already feel my heart palpitating from all that salt. :LOL:

I tried these crackers the other day and love them, but corn for some reason gets wedged in my teeth and makes them sensitive 😫
300x300 (1).jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My joints have got a lot better since I moved out of a freezing cold house on the seafront and into a double glazed bungalow that's an absolute suntrap. I've improved my diet, and stopped drinking. None of these things are a cure, and I still have awful days (currently sitting in a sexy beige shoulder brace) but I am generally physically strong and work hard to maintain that strength. Mrs J joined Tattle for a bit a while back, she was booted off, but she would have happily testified to the amount of times she had to physically pick me up off the hallway floor or carry me up the stairs. My son had to help me up in Asda last week because I crouched down to get some bloody bamboo shoots, of all things, and couldn't get back up again. So yes, some days are better than others.
I don’t know much about arthritis so I can’t comment on that, apart from I’m sorry it puts you in that position sometimes.

However, did you go to the Asda in Shoebury?! It has been like hell on earth trying to get in there these last few months, I have to applaud you for getting in there if so! I hear the Rayleigh one hasn’t been great either but I avoided that after attempting Shoebury a few times *shudder*

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.