Jack Monroe #31 Grunka Lunka dunkety doo, we came for Jack but stayed for you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone tried Oatley's vegan ice cream? Any good? Their milk is my favourite of the vegan milks, so I have high hopes for their ice creams.

Also lol at the thread going wildly off topic. I just went for a run, which was a colossally bad idea in this heat. Can't. Stop. Sweating.
how on earth are you alive, I'm about to go pop a load of ice cubes out the tray and put them on my huge belly and possibly under both armpits

this is my first week as a haus frau and overwhelmed, I need to write a to do list and break my tasks up into little bits. we got this ridiculous baby seat that swings all different angles and vibrates and I want to assemble it to check it works okay (she's not been born yet, I'm not neglecting my newborn loool).

• Haha
Reactions: 25
See how nice it is here Jack, we call people out on tit but actually we‘re a nice lot. Pull up a chair and have a lolly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Oh as an aside... my theory on the kumquat being a fruit or furry beast. I heard the kumquat/meerkat thing, then thought Ah.. its not the meerkat but a loquat.... wrong a loquat is also a fruit but... a loris, is a furry beast. This is my analysis of that misunderstanding. :unsure:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I had a sponsor. He turned out to be not a brilliant person. Groped my thigh in his car. Abandoned me in the rain in the middle of nowhere. Shouted in my face because I was two minutes late to a meeting (not AT the meeting, but afterwards.) I fell out of AA after that but I went back a few months ago. I want to say that my experience there in no way reflects AA as an organisation and it doesnt seem typical, so I don't want to put anyone off who may be looking for help. I just seem to bleeping pick em. I'm now doing the dial in meetings and online ones. I read my books every day. I'm doing the steps. I rarely out myself as being part of AA because it goes against the whole anonymous thing but I can't seem to answer your statement without saying it somehow, so there it is.
It’s recommended that women sponsor women and men sponsor men.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I do have a sarcastic streak, yes. It's probably not my best side but it does act as a sort of body armour, and I'm not about to peel that off any time soon.
Sarcasm is funny. Your numerous remarks about "Can I go now?" aren't sarcastic, they seem to just be a bit pass agg.

We're all here because we like to have a friendly chat about ice lollies and Eddie the Eagle. We're not demanding anyone's time.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Thanks. And thankyou for your clarifications about arthritis earlier on. Of all the things I have read about myself on here, the gaslighting about my own crappy joints was some of the worst of it, so I appreciated you giving people an insight.
I’ve got arthritis too, and I can have good and bad days with it. Currently in bed with pic n mix. But you make it way too easy for people to disbelieve you when you talk about carrying x paint tins home and shifting x kg furniture around. You make me feel incompetent/ faking it.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Thanks. And thankyou for your clarifications about arthritis earlier on. Of all the things I have read about myself on here, the gaslighting about my own crappy joints was some of the worst of it, so I appreciated you giving people an insight.
But why did you read it in the first place? Why do you care? We are random strangers on the internet. We don't @ you. I understand it's unpleasant for you to read, but why read it?

Reactions: 34
She's never going to bloody leave now is she

I'm off to the beach but PRAYING when I check this thread tomorrow you lot haven't been brainwashed by Jack's woe-is-me gaslighting and turned into a bunch of spunk-lasagne eating bean rinsers

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98
I thought she was leaving? I mean we agreed with her it was fine for her to go and have a piss, make a sandwich etc.

I'm off to the beach but PRAYING when I check this thread tomorrow you lot haven't been brainwashed by Jack's woe-is-me gaslighting and turned into a bunch of spunk-lasagne eating bean rinsers
No, absolutely not x

Edit: Actually can’t wait to see Hunty’s reaction to this thread 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
@Jack_M Can I also ask, when this pandemic kicked off you mentioned that you are immunocompromised and couldn’t leave the house but then that changed and you went to a tv studio, went shopping, popped out to get paint etc.

Curious as to whether you should have been shielding and decided to take the risk or made a mistake in the first place?

• Heart
Reactions: 53

nope still like texture in my food.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

You are off to the beach? Lucky you. I'm melting in my crappy bungalow. (lies, your honour, I live in a semi)

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I'm not a liar. I wish I had the time to sit here and counter every single untrue thing on here that's been said about me, every thing you yourselves have twisted to fit the narrative of me you wish to paint and project. I've been so tempted, so many times.

Like the other day I was tempted to post a photo of the bleeping grey unit that WAS 93kg - it's not the one in the middle of my studio floor, it's the one in the tiny room next door that's twice the size. I have four sideboards in my house, I mean congrats on correctly identifying one of them, but it was the wrong one. Speculation about my income. Speculation about my son, my sons father, my personal life, my exes, my home, my weight, my meds, I could sit here and literally counter every single one of them if I had the time. You have no idea how much self control it's taken not to bowl over here with photos of my labelled ADHD and arthritis meds, doctors letters, prescription photos, payslips, the lot.
Ok, I should stop responding to you, because I genuinely think it's a terrible idea for you to be here. For absolute clarity, I mean for you, not us. However, we all have our weak points and mine is endlessly trying to fix things.

You may be able to do all these things, and show us how wrong we are, but you should absolutely not. You cannot be both a public figure, with a glorious platform (and you are), and completely untouchable and beyond comment/criticism. Being a public figure is going to attract comment. Some of it is going to be negative. Some of that will be potentially ok to you, some of it may seem beyond the pale. Some of it will be downright crappy. Either way, it shouldn't matter to you. You shouldn't give one tiny tit what I (a complete nobody to you) or anyone who doesn't personally know you thinks of you, based on how you are projecting yourself on social media. And yet you do, because here you are rolling in what you see as the dirt with us. Please think about what that is saying about how much you rely on other people for validation. I used to do that too, not obviously at your level, because your reach is much wider, but I used to think it was really important what everyone thought about me. That's because I didn't have a sense of self, for complicated and distressing reasons. It's caused me a lot of heartache and a lot of pain. I would, if I was you, go and talk to someone about that.

You have already been given the best advice here anyway, which is to cultivate a public 'Jack Monroe the writer' presence and leave Jack the person safe at home and with friends and family. Do you see other famous people, say Nigella or any public figure doing what you're doing. No, you don't, because it's unhealthy and terrible for you.

You aren't the hardest done by person in this room, or I'm guessing most rooms, though I accept you're going through a crappy time right now, but lots of us are, it's a tough time. Stop recycling misery and move on.

• Heart
Reactions: 97
First post (eek!) but is anyone else just reading this with jaws agape? Seriously Jack just step away from the keyboard. Whilst there may have been the odd dubious judgment call with messages straying from tattle, I think that on the whole I would characterise this thread as a group of funny, smart women who are genuinely concerned by your manic behaviour and progressively more convoluted stories.

It cannot be good for anyone to be so consistently and deliberately immersed in conversation about themselves, so with the best will in the world do yourself a favour and just walk away from this one.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
I’ve got arthritis too, and I can have good and bad days with it. Currently in bed with pic n mix. But you make it way too easy for people to disbelieve you when you talk about carrying x paint tins home and shifting x kg furniture around. You make me feel incompetent/ faking it.
My joints have got a lot better since I moved out of a freezing cold house on the seafront and into a double glazed bungalow that's an absolute suntrap. I've improved my diet, and stopped drinking. None of these things are a cure, and I still have awful days (currently sitting in a sexy beige shoulder brace) but I am generally physically strong and work hard to maintain that strength. Mrs J joined Tattle for a bit a while back, she was booted off, but she would have happily testified to the amount of times she had to physically pick me up off the hallway floor or carry me up the stairs. My son had to help me up in Asda last week because I crouched down to get some bloody bamboo shoots, of all things, and couldn't get back up again. So yes, some days are better than others.

Reactions: 8
@Jack_M Can I also ask, when this pandemic kicked off you mentioned that you are immunocompromised and couldn’t leave the house but then that changed and you went to a tv studio, went shopping, popped out to get paint etc.

Curious as to whether you should have been shielding and decided to take the risk or made a mistake in the first place?
And the cough.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.