Jack Monroe #31 Grunka Lunka dunkety doo, we came for Jack but stayed for you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yeah, that was me - I picked up on it as a 'What the fuck is Hellmann's playing at here?', not as a dig at you. Your original post did make it sound as though it was something that you had been threatened with on that day, not that it was a historical experience making you jumpy. I thought at the time that if you were being threatened with such things as loss of a fuckton of income/you'll never work in this industry again-type schtick for wanting to support BLM/BOT, that you'd have been put in an impossible position where you would have been roasted online for doing the live but threatened with the loss of what is likely to be at least my entire year's salary for not doing it. Which seemed completely unfair to you.

I didn't take it off these pages, however.

Reactions: 13
Why does it matter? Are you going to do that on every platform? Every negative response and interaction you face in life? Jesus. Draw a line and focus on what you can control.

Reactions: 40
As I have already said, @Jack_M it's difficult to know what are truths and lies if you delete thousands upon thousands of Tweets.

Reactions: 40
But to be fair Jack, if we’re wrong it’ll be based on something you’ve said. People here have very good memories and know how you’ve tweeted something two different ways. So yes you’ll be able to prove one a lie, but you said it in the first place.

Reactions: 39
I’m furloughed. I only receive 80% of my wage. The other 20% is not made up by my employer.

Reactions: 17
We had those lolly things but i chucked them when my kids grew up. Seriously regretting it at the moment!!

I wasn't diagnosed in one visit. I was diagnosed as a child following a referral from my head of pastoral care, to an educational psychologist-or-psychiatrist - sorry to be vague but I was 11 years old and the only time I have tried to raise this with my dad since he shut the conversation down. He came to our house and did a load of tests, some written, some observational, some chat with me, some chat with my parents. I then had a follow-up visit that I remember very little about, and he recommended to my parents that I go to a different school. It was never discussed in my family again.

A few years ago I went to my GP about something else and she was scrolling back through my notes to check if I was an overdose risk before prescribing a certain medication. She asked me if I had ever followed up on my childhood autism diagnosis. I said no because that was the first I had heard it given that name, I just had a vague memory of this man and his briefcase full of stuff that was put in the box of things we don't talk about in my family. She asked me if I wanted a further referral or any further support and I said no.

That was hatched down and edited into two lines in a Guardian article. I don't sub those or get to approve them, I just have to accept that whole important chunks of things I write for context and accuracy get yanked out or changed.

It is pretty much impossible for her to work from home, yes. I didn't say she was furloughed because of her right to a private life, I said I wasn't going to discuss the specifics of it because she has a right to a private life.
why don’t you get a virtual assistant?

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Rhetorical question: Would it actually help to correct every single thing?

The person we are talking about is a caricature of you, no-one knows the real you except you.

You do not have to come here and read about yourself. You can't control the actions of others you can only control your own.

Reactions: 44
My adult child was diagnosed with autism recently. We had a chat at the Gp, a chat over the phone with daughter. A visit in person, both of us and she received a diagnosis.
only posting to show things are handled differently all over

Reactions: 11
Remember Screwballs? The ice cream in a Daleky plastic cone with a bubblegum ball at the end?

Reactions: 33
Remember Screwballs? The ice cream in a Daleky plastic cone with a bubblegum ball at the end?
Twoball Screwballs - one was blue and one was red.

I wasn't allowed them in case I choked.

I blame my near expiry on Christmas Morning 1977 for this - the neighbour gave me a Sherbert Fountain and as I was walking out of their garden to go home with my mum, I tripped, inhaled and frightened the life out of all concerned.

Reactions: 27
I wasn't paid for DKL until a few days ago, actually. Most of my TV work is unpaid, btw, I'm not sure if people realise that. The Marcus Rashford segment (they called me, I've never pitched to them) was unpaid. Most of the talking head stuff, is unpaid. Might not be the case for everyone, i'm sure some people are far more ballsy than I am in that arena, but I get paid for studio cooks basically, and almost everything else is a tradeoff for some book press.

At the start of the pandemic I lost a years worth of work in 48 hours. I was genuinely petrified, because no, I didnt have a savings pot tucked away.

I get told in excruciating levels of detail what I get wrong, don't worry, I'm not short on criticism.

Reactions: 5
For God's Sake Jack - give it up, you don't have the skills to 'triangulate' anyone. You couldn't even work out how to turn off affiliated links on Youtube.

go outside, play with your child, make an ice cream sundae for both of you, phone your mum or a friend, binge on something trashy on netflix, Footner your feet and post the results on your private account, look up the furlow guidance, whatever.

Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.