Jack Monroe #31 Grunka Lunka dunkety doo, we came for Jack but stayed for you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks. New here! I do actually have work to do though, so does everyone mind if I get back to this later? Only, I've been here quite a bit longer than I originally thought I was going to be, and I have deadlines to hit and actually urgent stuff to do. I know nobody is keeping me here but Harrys tone IS a bit entitled/demanding, so I just thought I'd check it's okay for me to have a piss, grab a sandwich, do my job for a bit, and come back later?
ah knew you’d love it here!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
We have the Golden Gaytime here - it's hard to have a Gaytime on your own, is their slogan.

I'm scared to go to bed now that things are happening

• Haha
Reactions: 15
For anyone vegan or trying to eat less dairy, I think these are great. Sadly the offer at Sainsburys has ended, but still worth the pricey £2.75 imo. I didn't love the salted caramel variety though

300x300.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I can honestly say I myself have no recollection whatsoever of reading on here about you doxxing someone to his employer???
me neither.

currently sulking because still off work whilst husband is phoning me from his air conditioner workplace.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Patreon is an optional subscription service, people get stuff for it. I probably need to review the tiers at some point and update the blurb, but I don't think anyone subscribes out of pity. Wikipedia and The Guardian both have optional subs for their content, and at the other end of the spectrum, a lot of creators do. I'm not poor any more, no, but I'm certainly not financially secure by any stretch of the imagination. There's no magic savings account, no pot of gold anywhere. I pay myself a living wage (for 40ish hours a week, not the mad hours I actually work) not to keep some faux poverty schtick going, but because there have been times over the last couple of years where the money has literally run out. Believe me as soon as I'm in a position to give myself a hecking great pay rise, I will. But when big gigs can take months to cough up the cash, nothing is guaranteed. And I'm tit scared of every job I do being my last one. I'm tit scared of ever being in a position where I can't pay the bills again. You might think that everything else I say is absolute bullshit, but I am completely and irrecoverably scarred by my experiences of poverty, and I never, ever, ever want to be back there. Or anywhere near it.

Because I asked them to.

Leave my son out of this please.
If you are so concerned about financial security (as am I), then why don’t you get a “proper “job, ie with regular hours and regular pay. You could work in catering or anywhere else you choose.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Has anyone tried Oatley's vegan ice cream? Any good? Their milk is my favourite of the vegan milks, so I have high hopes for their ice creams.

Also lol at the thread going wildly off topic. I just went for a run, which was a colossally bad idea in this heat. Can't. Stop. Sweating.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
As I have already said, @Jack_M it's difficult to know what are truths and lies if you delete thousands upon thousands of Tweets.
I know myself, and that's enough for me. I don't need to keep every inane wittering thought of mine out there for anyone.

If you are so concerned about financial security (as am I), then why don’t you get a “proper “job, ie with regular hours and regular pay. You could work in catering or anywhere else you choose.
Now? In a pandemic? With my son off school and his father back to work full time? Should we go and pick fruit together or what?

• Angry
Reactions: 2
@Jack_M I rarely post here but I can see you've had a tit time recently. Just focus on looking after yourself, as a fellow ADHD woman I know how tough life can sometimes be . I hope you have people around who can support you while you go through all this.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Freelancing is tit if you don't have another income source coming in. I used to have stand up rows with Finance in my old place because they thought that instrumental tutors could wait months for their invoices to be settled, whereas I'd put them through for payment within five minutes of receipt, only to have them dumped at the bottom of the pile and ignored.

And then I was on the end of it when Mr Dragon tried for a year. I paid the bills, he got fucked around, In the end, he stopped doing what he enjoyed and got a more secure job that pays a third, but gets paid every month without fail - which came in really, really handy when I got made redundant. Can't beat the feeling of knowing the rent is covered when your contract hasn't been renewed yet; meant I wasn't anywhere near as anxious as I was the previous year when we didn't have that and my entire life revolved around the desperate urge to scream 'I am NEVER going to put myself in the position of depending upon benefits EVER AGAIN'.

I won't do it. It's bleeping tit, degrading, unreliable, incompetence combined with malice. NEVER again.

I get that terror, completely.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
@Jack_M If you are still here, let me just tell you why I'm here. Initially, I came over here because I saw tattle mentioned by one of your followers I think and the whole Jamie Oliver thing was going on. It didn't sit right with me, and I read here and was made aware of lots of other things you've said and done, so it was fun to read along and make a few quips. For some reason (and I truly don't know if this is true for the rest of Tattle), there was a great community of smart, funny women (and the odd Mancunian man) on here, who made me laugh when lockdown was tough, gave lots of great food and recipe suggestions, amazing book discussion, and whatever was happening with you on Twitter led to many great discussions about veganism, racism, gender identity.

I laughed a lot, at quick and smart jokes involving court outfits, horse spunk and Matt's forearms. Many of us felt able to discuss our own struggles with mental and physical health, and all I experienced was kindness and support. The amount of zoom meetings I have to sit through these days is frankly shocking, so to be able to tattle on the side has kept me relatively sane.

Every once in a while some person turned up without the best of intentions. They were reported and removed quickly (for things that wouldn't raise an eyebrow on Twitter).

Occassionally one of us crossed over to Twitter to comment. I did too on a couple of occassions. I never posted abuse of any kind. My messages would have been incredibly easy to ignore, but you engaged with me once in a very snippy way. I didn't respond because I felt uncomfortable about the whole thing. All I said was 'and paint' after all. You say you post impulsively and don't always get it right. Well, I guess the same is true for me from time to time
Almost same for me. I found this through twitter after the haircutting tweet. I was already miffed because i was accused of being racist when querying the pronunciation of Dr Rangans name. This had been picked up here. I should have responded at the time that misunderstanding pronunciation isn't racist - there are many names/words I misread. I didn't respond cos I simply CBA at the time and I felt it would go on and on.

Reactions: 15
Golden Gaytimes are so tasty I ate loads of them when I was over for a wedding a few years ago
LOVE those.

Paddle pops are the best, though.
They're both good. I actually have room in the (solitary) freezer to put ice cream now. We do have to throw everything else in it away tomorrow though, due to two power outages 😣 Out with my precious collection of yellow stickered meat and bread 😢

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Our school ice cream man used to bring in those screwballs. I think they were banned because of chewing gum..

Reactions: 4
who don’t you get a virtual assistant?
Because I can't afford to pay one on top of paying Caroline. Maybe when/if her furlough money comes back I could look into it, but as I said upthread, I've fronted that and have to basically apply for a refund from the Government for it. And because my tax return was late, i don't qualify for self employment assistance, I may not qualify for furlough repayments either.

Reactions: 1
Thanks. New here! I do actually have work to do though, so does everyone mind if I get back to this later? Only, I've been here quite a bit longer than I originally thought I was going to be, and I have deadlines to hit and actually urgent stuff to do. I know nobody is keeping me here but Harrys tone IS a bit entitled/demanding, so I just thought I'd check it's okay for me to have a piss, grab a sandwich, do my job for a bit, and come back later?
Still at it with the sarky remarks. You decide what you want to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Freelancing is tit if you don't have another income source coming in. I used to have stand up rows with Finance in my old place because they thought that instrumental tutors could wait months for their invoices to be settled, whereas I'd put them through for payment within five minutes of receipt, only to have them dumped at the bottom of the pile and ignored.

And then I was on the end of it when Mr Dragon tried for a year. I paid the bills, he got fucked around, In the end, he stopped doing what he enjoyed and got a more secure job that pays a third, but gets paid every month without fail - which came in really, really handy when I got made redundant. Can't beat the feeling of knowing the rent is covered when your contract hasn't been renewed yet; meant I wasn't anywhere near as anxious as I was the previous year when we didn't have that and my entire life revolved around the desperate urge to scream 'I am NEVER going to put myself in the position of depending upon benefits EVER AGAIN'.

I won't do it. It's bleeping tit, degrading, unreliable, incompetence combined with malice. NEVER again.

I get that terror, completely.
Thanks. And thankyou for your clarifications about arthritis earlier on. Of all the things I have read about myself on here, the gaslighting about my own crappy joints was some of the worst of it, so I appreciated you giving people an insight.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.