Jack Monroe #31 Grunka Lunka dunkety doo, we came for Jack but stayed for you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks. New here! I do actually have work to do though, so does everyone mind if I get back to this later? Only, I've been here quite a bit longer than I originally thought I was going to be, and I have deadlines to hit and actually urgent stuff to do. I know nobody is keeping me here but Harrys tone IS a bit entitled/demanding, so I just thought I'd check it's okay for me to have a piss, grab a sandwich, do my job for a bit, and come back later?
To be fair that’s not a bad idea...gives everyone time to catch up on threads. Before you go can I ask will you be eating that mayo cake with your cuppa? I’m still worried about that cake....!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Thanks. New here! I do actually have work to do though, so does everyone mind if I get back to this later? Only, I've been here quite a bit longer than I originally thought I was going to be, and I have deadlines to hit and actually urgent stuff to do. I know nobody is keeping me here but Harrys tone IS a bit entitled/demanding, so I just thought I'd check it's okay for me to have a piss, grab a sandwich, do my job for a bit, and come back later?
Well, as one of two top detectives on here I AM entitled to find out the truth.

Just joking. You came here of your own volition. You suggested doing and AMA. I've been asking real questions for about 45 minutes now. None have been answered. If you don't want to do an AMA, that's fine. But don't put this tit on me. I'm just doing the Asking you anything bit, as suggested by you. In most AMAs, people do try and answer after all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Yeah, I think you've misread my post? I haven't suggested anyone has gone against the rules, I was asking how furlough worked as I'm not familiar with the system. So yes, you could furlough an employee even if they could work from home.
I was clarifying that if furloughed, work can't be done at all by the employee. A fair few businesses have tried to do that, get people to WFH whilst on furlough. TBH, I thought your post seemed a little ambiguous/suggesting that WFH could be done whilst on furlough, which is reasonable if you've not had to know the details of it, so I wanted to clear it up a bit. I misread it, but didn't take it as suggesting deliberate law breaking, I took it as not having the experience.

Reactions: 5
@Jack_M if my friends asked me to send them screenshots of stuff from here about them, I would say no. I consider myself a good friend and if they didn’t like it, I would still have integrity.

You came to my attention when I read a DM article about you discussing your problem with alcohol. I’ve chosen to mention it here before, I’m a friend of Bill W. From things you have said I thought you were also in AA (I apologise if I’ve got that wrong). You didn’t come for advice and I don’t think you want anyone here to be caring or well-meaning but here goes. I would recommend you get a sponsor (if you don’t have one already) and work the steps honestly. Before I stopped drinking I thought I had it the worst (“you’d drink too if you had my life” etc) and even here today there’s a couple of things you’ve said (it’s inconvenient for you that your admin has been furloughed, you work so many hours) that have been self-pitying. The steps can’t change physical medical conditions but it works if you work it and you can change your way of thinking. Everyone is having a tit time just now but we don’t force it into other people - by your own admission you’re rude to people.

You’ve got your retraction from @Nonnymouse, you’re clearly busy so why are you still here? Why would you even put yourself in a situation like this?
I had a sponsor. He turned out to be not a brilliant person. Groped my thigh in his car. Abandoned me in the rain in the middle of nowhere. Shouted in my face because I was two minutes late to a meeting (not AT the meeting, but afterwards.) I fell out of AA after that but I went back a few months ago. I want to say that my experience there in no way reflects AA as an organisation and it doesnt seem typical, so I don't want to put anyone off who may be looking for help. I just seem to bleeping pick em. I'm now doing the dial in meetings and online ones. I read my books every day. I'm doing the steps. I rarely out myself as being part of AA because it goes against the whole anonymous thing but I can't seem to answer your statement without saying it somehow, so there it is.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
most importantly how are we gonna celebrate @Badlyplatedflapjacks' news?!

what are you haus fraus doing for lunch?
I just has a Jamie Oliver recipe I picked up from his show, I know I know sorry Jack.
Two tortillas filled with any salad products you have in the fridge mix it up add some cheese, like a flat circular sandwich. Dry fry in hot pan on both sides.
Do you know what though I have just eaten it and it was delicious but could have done with some mayo mixed through the salad!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Come on. I would call anyone on being this disingenuous. You implied you were open to questions (suggesting doing an AMA), so @Harrybosch has asked some. In a direct way, I don't see it as at all demanding. You can choose not to answer, of course, but you did sort of frame the exchange with a mention of an AMA. It is worth pointing out again, as others have, that you came here (again, poor choice in my view) and as you say, no one is keeping you here. You might want to ask yourself what is. I think it might help.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
It is pretty much impossible for her to work from home, yes. I didn't say she was furloughed because of her right to a private life, I said I wasn't going to discuss the specifics of it because she has a right to a private life.
Poor her, that sounds difficult

Reactions: 4
I had a sponsor. He turned out to be not a brilliant person. Groped my thigh in his car. Abandoned me in the rain in the middle of nowhere. Shouted in my face because I was two minutes late to a meeting (not AT the meeting, but afterwards.) I fell out of AA after that but I went back a few months ago. I want to say that my experience there in no way reflects AA as an organisation and it doesnt seem typical, so I don't want to put anyone off who may be looking for help. I just seem to bleeping pick em. I'm now doing the dial in meetings and online ones. I read my books every day. I'm doing the steps. I rarely out myself as being part of AA because it goes against the whole anonymous thing but I can't seem to answer your statement without saying it somehow, so there it is.
13th steppers are a thing. Not your fault, addicts manipulate and coerce as part of their addiction - some redirect or double up on their 'skillset' to other harmful activities if they're intrinsically unpleasant people.

A female sponsor could be a good idea?

Reactions: 19
Yes - and threads ago there was a discussion into feeling uncomfortable about starting outside tattle to engage directly - which you’ve done again, even though it’s against the rules and verging on mean.
Fair point, I haven't engaged outside Tattle since the messages about being careful, I haven't commented on the Lives, or even watched the last one. I took on board what was said, stayed away from commenting here for a few days (although I did read) and did some real life work. But point taken.

Reactions: 11
It must be really disappointing and heartbreaking to be on such a high, believing that youre doing a great job (on DK) to basically being on a sharp decline. All the other guests have been invited back onto the show. She's dropped numerous hints that shed like to go back on....theyve been ignored. I think maybe that is what hurts mostly, the fact that she has laid the trail that she wants in but they have completely disregarded her. The Dr was back, Shivi was back even the gardener has been back.

What we've seen is her jump from one thing to the next with no actual thought or method. We have a shed that she used once or twice, we have her camping outside, we have her being the happiest she's ever been and eating everything to then saying she's the worst ever and only been on ramen noodles for weeks and weeks, we had her making a third kitchen in the living room, we have the Hellman's show, we have her half arsed attempt at 'handing over to black voices', the gaily mail which lasted like a day. We've had the hushed break up. We've had the cutting her brothers hair but then the arguments when it was misconstrued that she said she'd do it in PPA and in the garden. This isn't even everything thats happened!

This was literally her time to shine and its all gone to people like Miguel Barclay who have completely overtaken her. People don't want slop. People don't want to read a twitter where she is constantly sniping and woe is me. She has really destroyed her brand and her chance. I don't think there is going to be much coming back from this unless she does something completely different.
iwas about to say im surprised her ex didn't advise her more, but I assume she just doesnt listento others like with recipes. just listrning to a podcast with matt tebbitt and he said something about as chef you arealways learning from others and the moment you arent you should give up. that sums up jm

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.