Jack Monroe #306 Jack and the Giant Lawsuit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First poster is the one who's asking for their paypal donation back.

View attachment 1270832
Top squig is quite right. Whilst problems do arise with claims and the system can be tough to negotiate if you don't know what your doing or have other problems, poor mental health, literacy issues etc. There are people -CAB/local money advice services that can and will help you because they know what they're doing and can sometimes identify additional money you should be claiming. A responsible person who wanted to help people on benefits would be highlighting sources of help, not making the whole thing sound like such an ordeal that you shouldn't do it. Increasingly convinced Jack is a secret Tory, trying to starve the poors. There is a longstanding and significant problem with benefits lying unclaimed and to see someone intentionally contribute to it whilst calling themselves an anti poverty campaigner is disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
That doesn't even make sense. 12 times in a year? So every month then? If this were true she could've got legal help from CAB.
I'm sure she said she moved a few times and that's the reason her housing benefit kept having to be re-applied for (or whatever).

This is awful, these people are on the bones of their arse and yet feel obliged to send money they can ill afford to lose to this horror. duck me, how does she live with herself.
It's also kind of what she is being accused of, such a huge mistake to post that paypal link but I suppose the cash-grab must have been worth it.

Reactions: 37
Oh go on Jack, do a crowdfunder... please! Why so reticent?
We don't need a crowdfunder to find the dreadful things she's said about us and others

She comes to this "case" with such dirty hands:
dirty hands.JPG

Why you scared?
Finances will be aired.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
This is awful, these people are on the bones of their arse and yet feel obliged to send money they can ill afford to lose to this horror. duck me, how does she live with herself.
Yes it really isn't helping her 'case' is it 😬. Proving exactly what the people she is suing said about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
That doesn't even make sense. 12 times in a year? So every month then? If this were true she could've got legal help from CAB.
Indeed.

Now there are people who don't have jack's intelligence, network or social resources for whom a denied claim would be the end of the road, they'd disengage and likely suffer. Many of these people are in contact with services who would hopefully notice and help with this (although I know this is not the case). I do wonder if it's again jack refusing to ask for help because she couldn't possibly admit to not understanding how to fill out a HB application form.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Top squig is quite right. Whilst problems do arise with claims and the system can be tough to negotiate if you don't know what your doing or have other problems, poor mental health, literacy issues etc. There are people -CAB/local money advice services that can and will help you because they know what they're doing and can sometimes identify additional money you should be claiming. A responsible person who wanted to help people on benefits would be highlighting sources of help, not making the whole thing sound like such an ordeal that you shouldn't do it. Increasingly convinced Jack is a secret Tory, trying to starve the poors. There is a longstanding and significant problem with benefits lying unclaimed and to see someone intentionally contribute to it whilst calling themselves an anti poverty campaigner is disgusting.
But but but Jack claims they regularly help people with their benefit claims. The poor buggers, if thats Jack’s experience.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
There is nothing in Jack's blogs from 2011 - 2013 to indicate she was ever evicted. She CHOSE to move a few times (not as many as she now claims). That's all.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
Wonder if Lee Anderson has spotted that tweet. That's exactly the sort of thing he alluded to that she's now sueing him for!

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I'm sure she said she moved a few times and that's the reason her housing benefit kept having to be re-applied for (or whatever).

It's also kind of what she is being accused of, such a huge mistake to post that paypal link but I suppose the cash-grab must have been worth it.
Of course she won't have that problem now because Evil Landlady has her trapped in the world's longest lease so she can go ahead and get a claim in. Unless there's another reason she's not claiming. Once again, Jack has me feeling all puzzled because on Saturday she said this, implying that she struggled a few years ago but is now working class (actual lol!)

Screenshot 2022-05-16 13.42.16.png

But despite squigs sending money to her paypal, following a brief tin rattle on Friday she's now poor enough to require state benefits which she can't claim because if they get stopped she might try to take her own life, even though she's currently getting by without them.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Basically they set a minimum income floor which is what they expect someone to earn based on a 35 hour a week working week

If she earns less than this then she would get no more UC to make up the difference and if she earned more then her UC would start to reduce

Personally. I would like to know what her income is without the grift
35 hours per week is key here.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Title suggestion:

With bacon bits and peas a'split, now Jack has landed in the tit.

Oh aye, forgot, no swearing in the title. Apologies. ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
You’d think if being on telly was such a bind for so little pay, she’d a) have stopped trying to make it as a tv star and b) given up and got herself a proper job that pays more than minimum wage. If she’s an activist whose main thing is poverty awareness, I’m sure one of the charities who she so selflessly and tirelessly donates her time and money to (hahaha) could find her something to do instead. She makes it sound as though she’s doing us a favour by going on tv when the majority of us could quite happily live without ever hearing her nasal whine and seeing her live action slop ever again.
Absolutely. It also dissuades people from pursuing a media career when Jack has to put all of that in for £8ph. It’s all true though, she literally cannot tell a lie.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.