Jack Monroe #306 Jack and the Giant Lawsuit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@youRjokingHunz

View attachment 1269011

Jack Monroe is a wealthy middle class girl from a wealthy middle class background, who has made a lucrative career since 2012/2013 by pretending to be poor.

This includes plenty of TV, radio and newspaper work as a poverty spokesperson, TV presenting, 7 cookbooks, brand deals with major companies. Most angering of all it includes 730 Patreon subscribers for which she provides duck all. She did a £68,000 Kickstarter scam to self publish a book then got it published anyway, a £44,000 gofundme scam to raise money to buy her own books to “donate” to foodbanks, and won £24,000 from suing Katie Hopkins. Despite this, nearly a decade after become famous-ish, she still pretends to be utterly destitute and is always begging, pleading, playing the victim and subtle shaking her begging bowl. From this intensive victim signalling, she (probably 😉) grifts a small fortune from PayPal tips and the tip jars on her website and her Twitter. Some of the people who donate to her are on benefits or otherwise vulnerable.

She pretends to be a heroic charity campaigner, harassed by right-wingers only for her campaigning and her protected characteristics - and claims to donate all her fees to charity. There is no evidence for this but her cult followers believe it. Sometimes, she claims to be raising money for charity, but then never provides evidence that she’s handed over the money, and pockets it herself.

Her victim-playing includes endless claims of illnesses, poor mental health, and being attacked by various types of -phobe for her left wing beliefs, her lesbianism, being non-binary, made up illnesses such as autism and arthritis, and most of all being “working class”. This makes her mindless cult followers viciously protective of her and completely closed-off to hearing about her horrific scamming and compulsive lying.

While pretending to be poor, she rents a spacious £2000/month house in an upmarket area, which she has filled with a multitude of needless designer goods such as a £3000 fridge, £2000 Tiffany earrings and lots of Cotswold Company furniture. She has designer clothes and an Emin artwork, and pretends they were gifted, or most famously of all, she found her Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle.

Lawrence Fox, Martin Daubney, and MP Lee Anderson have called her out for making money off the poor while being rich.

Nothing triggers Jack Monroe more than people observing that she’s rich, so she’s making ridiculous, gleeful threats to sue them, including putting a PayPal link up and encouraging her cultists to donate to her legal costs, before it’s even underway. This was soon deleted but her Jackolytes keep donating. To make herself look better should it get to court, she has now replaced that beg with a notice that she doesn’t need a crowd fund yet, but to donate to charity instead. Followers have begun to ask for refunds, which she is predictably ignoring. She is also claiming to be “mentally and financially on my knees”.

I hope that helps get you up to date with her latest shenanigans! BTW I love your avatar, good minds etc.!

PS - I forgot to add an important bit: she hasn’t filed her taxes in 3 years, despite supposedly being a left-wing luvvie.
oh my god she’s a utter cretin . This is a new fav thread for me …

x thank you for such a succinct update

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Does anyone know were Tara PT and Diana even friendly?
Charles was her godfather I believe but I don’t know about her and Diana.

"I'm older for a year out on the dole" - what? Everyone's older after a year. Because a year has passed. What?
"There's no fairytale or wonderland here on the other side" - the other side of what?
"Got a letter to David penned" - I'm sure this is David Cameron but I'm losing my mind over the idea that she writes letters to Big Dave and his PA ignores them

"Can you smell the salt and the sugar of the obsolete fairground rides" - eh? I'll grant you, I've not been on a fairground ride in about 30 years but I don't remember them smelling particularly nice.
"Can you walk inside my shoes in dead straight lines" - what does this even mean?

"Don't fasten your safety bars" - did the Landrover have safety bars?
"You'll see this crooked house and you'll be horrified" - whose is the crooked house? Jack's? She doesn't have a house. She RENTS.

Brave faces, strange places, bread and jam etc. is too dreadfully boring for me to even mention.

"I've got an unelected leader who says we're in it together" - which unelected leader would that be?
"He's got four homes and a deputy" - so's yer da

"Can you smell the salt and sugar, all the about-turns and the lies" - since when have lies smelled like salt and sugar? The woman is unwell.
"Can you walk in my shoes along the tide" - this is a slight improvement on the last one, but it's not exactly Shakespeare, is it?

"Can you see the nurse behind them with a coat over her uniform" - breaking news, nurse wears coat.

It's laughable that she says the papers have been bought and sold, when those very papers are who she writes for. Big Jack Logic.

"Students kick in windows, screaming riots" - I don't understand. There weren't any violent student protests in 2012, when she wrote this. The ones where the police kettled students were in 2010.

This is all terrible.

ETA the post I was actually replying to because I did an enormous chaos.
it’s pure Adrian Mole isn’t it? Her poetry is dreadful

Reactions: 38
the only evidence I have seen of the existence of the Seamaster watch if Jack saying she had to sell it.

if it existed and was a present or bought by Jack for herself, or was actually a Michael Korrs watch who knows.
A Michael Korrs from the looky looky man on Paphos beach.
(She'd claim this as buying authentic Cypriot antiques to support her heritage)

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Does anyone know were Tara PT and Diana even friendly?
I don't think they were - Charles is a very close friend of Tara's father. They all went skiing together. So unlikely to be team Diana.
That sounds awful and I have absolute respect for her taking it further. So did we hear what the outcome was.
Well she had to regretfully duck out of a TED talk in Frome 🙄. So not all bad news then. For Frome.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I was just going to post that. It’s the funniest thing I’ve read in ages. I love smart, snarky women
I am just sitting here eating pretzels l have no popcorn, happy that she's giving the effin fish a rest. It's was a difficult time for me to be honest!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
"Leggy" makes me think of "Tiggy Legg-Burke" ( some kind of royal nanny)

Jack must have been Leggy's Big-Berke

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Jack did manage to show up for a TED Talk once (well, a TEDx Talk, which is...less prestigious). I'm not going to watch it - the highlights below the video mean that we all know exactly how it goes:

Screenshot_20220515-235246_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
What did she need photos for? Could she not have just gotten a letter from the service confirming her role and the dates she served?

Unless... 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Well that explains a lot. Since childhood she has dreamed of a life surrounded by, and being part of, the wealthy and elite. Nothing less will do for Jack.

She has spent all her adult life trying to be included in those "parties and princesses". She sees herself as worthy of a higher place in society.

Most young girls grow out of such fantasies. Jack thinks she deserves for those fantasies to come true.

What a sad little life.
100% accurate analysis.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.