Jack Monroe #306 Jack and the Giant Lawsuit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have long suggested that we cordon off part of the UK" šŸ˜­ "I expected hell in a handcart as soon as I saw the results for Basildon on the night of the 23rd" šŸ˜­
Cause of death: bored to death by Pub Bore Jack
I couldn't read all of it, was too much! I think she was worse for the waffle back then, such a boring person.

Reactions: 28
Thank duck Jack did something to expose the bastard regime back in 2016, just think if it wasn't for her we'd be living under a Tory government now....hang on.
Yes, great timing too about 8 months before the 2017 election. She sure showed those pesky tories what for!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I couldn't read all of it, was too much! I think she was worse for the waffle back then, such a boring person.
an essay about reading a terrible essay: As my eyes skimmed lusciously over the pages, blobs of terrible writing rose up and smacked me like metaphors fired from a bile cannon. Can't write more, exhausted now, send cashos x

ADD. Live scenes from the courtroom:
Jack: Ow dare you! I've done a lot for the poors, I ave!
Judge: Order, order. What you have done for poor people is irrelevant.
Jack: *Eliza Doolittle voice intensifying* Aow, it's like that, is it?
Judge: Order!
Jack: I'm going to prove my impact to you all now. Send in the kidney bean burgers.
*courtroom doors slam open, a parade of men marches in carrying piles of bean burgers in wheelbarrows. Court case attendees faint and moan in disgust. Case adjourned* x

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
It's actually quite scary how much access she is having/had with really vulnerable people. And in this instance just as fodder for a book.

In the context that this is 'her job' where is the protection for these people? When I worked with people who were vulnerable I had to have an enhanced DBS and had to undergo yearly stat/man training in safeguarding etc and so forth.
I think this was potentially the book that ICO squigg shared her story about.
I have a feeling that Jack sets up accounts/email addresses and then when she loses phones or changes them forgets passwords. Would explain why there is the old Instagram and a couple of public Facebook accounts.

• Wow
Reactions: 41
I had my drink spiked on NYE 1996 and Jack's story actually rings true to me. Funnily enough I also suspected the barman. I won't go into details but something awful happened to another girl that night and i was so lucky I headed to the loo instead of going outside.
Drink spikers have a special guillotine in hell reserved for chopping their bits off.
Itā€™s happened to a friend of mine and I can believe this story too. Especially a few years ago, people didnā€™t know it was going on so much or why they were being suddenly very ā€œdrunkā€ or ill.

This is where she mentions the Omega Seamaster:

ā€œThe Omega Seamaster watch, a 21st birthday present, was the first to go when I left the Fire Service.ā€

Thank you. The tone of that fairly short sentence is striking to me, in several different ways. She does acknowledge in that piece that she canā€™t plead poverty with that watch, but personally Iā€™m very confused how someone with family who are able at any point to give such gifts (well beyond the means of 90% of the population) could ever be in anything like real poverty, unless somehow entirely estranged from them. And Iā€™m not being cute here, I just really donā€™t get it. How does that work?

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Wow spent some time reading about this idiot tonight and Iā€™m appalled.

her and Mrs Hinch are officially the worst type of humans. Profiting off people that are vulnerable? Disgusting. Both also using neurodiversity as a way to profit (Jack Iā€™m autistic/adhd and hinch with her constant drip feeds of her son possibly being autistic)

both women profiteering off either vulnerable or marganalised people, just duck off!

as an nd mother from an actual working class background with nd children; Jack monroe is an embarrassment. Iā€™m disgusting at the things I have read here.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
MN thread is still going strong and one of the posters has even said this which I am nominating for thread title nomination
1652654334883.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
7E2D3A70-4CA1-48BB-B88C-162099494821.png
Do we know what her multiple surgeries were for? Or the several times sheā€™s nearly died?
08B3F939-0624-4620-A54E-5ACD5CC98ED1.png

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 57
I cannot fathom how a child would be expelled from school without their parentsā€™ knowledge. Really, Jack? Who needs Netflix when weā€™ve got you.
They wouldnā€™t. A lad in my year at secondary got expelled Iā€™m sure him & his parents had to have a meeting with the head & his form tutor about it.
I only managed the feeble two days exclusion and they sent me home with a letter & phoned my parents. All schools may differ in certain ways but Iā€™m pretty sure they all must have to follow certain procedures.

Reactions: 29
I have a feeling that Jack sets up accounts/email addresses and then when she loses phones or changes them forgets passwords. Would explain why there is the old Instagram and a couple of public Facebook accounts.
I wondered if this was what the ICO squig was referring to. So the squig sent her story, and it sat languishing in Jack's vast unread inbox. For years. Then when asked Jack rudely said how on earth should she know what happened to it šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø and how did she even know if squig actually sent it.
Yes that is treating people's data with respect.
Like all those supermarket receipts for the Very Boring Index she asked for.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
Someone on the MN thread used the term cyber panhandling and I love it. Thatā€™s Jackā€™s 100 hour a week job.

Lol jinx! Iā€™d never heard this expression before, itā€™s perfect
I know I was owl champagning at it!
the entire mumsnet mod team must have the same dodgy wifi as Jack.
Itā€™s bizarreā€¦. Someone on there is now trying to cast doubt that the Lee Anderson was a real minorā€¦.. is the plot thickening or is this just a Jack sock?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Hopefully this book idea is well in the past now, but still sounds like she amassed a large amount of sensitive data when prone to losing phones and passwords šŸ˜‚

View attachment 1269802Do we know what her multiple surgeries were for? Or the several times sheā€™s nearly died?View attachment 1269803
Been to Las Vegas twice? How very working class šŸ™„

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.