Jack Monroe #306 Jack and the Giant Lawsuit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just googled Seamaster watches and I am reeling at the prices. Who can afford to pay that for a watch? Well apart from Jacks parents.
Some of the sycophantic posts on Twitter are nauseating. It’s not even stuff she has said, they are making it up themselves. They’ll be building altars And sacrificing their cleaners to her by Tuesday.
Theres quite a few dissenting voices out there too and they are getting louder. The bright ones are starting to do the sums in their head

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Fack claimed she got expelled 4 days before her GCSEs, without telling her parents (this was to explain this brand new story to her mum, who follows her on Twitter).

This 101% didn’t happen, not only would it be illegal to not immediately inform her parents, but they would not expel a pupil so close to exams, except for the most severe offences. She claimed she got expelled for nicking a scalpel to self harm if I remember rightly.
Considering her parents had a number of ‘looked after’ children there isn’t a mission they wouldn’t have been told and social services involved.

Reactions: 42
I cannot fathom how a child would be expelled from school without their parents’ knowledge. Really, Jack? Who needs Netflix when we’ve got you.
it's giving 'YA novel by author who doesn't understand how schools work': "Just go home and tell your parents you are expelled"
not understanding how stuff works is kind of her flex

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Completely unconnected, other than it being a classic example of somebody not checking their facts before going onto the Internet - get this

1652646102056.png

Harry Corbett created Sooty.

Harry H Corbett was in Steptoe and Son.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
How many of us have had these conversations over this weekend 😂 it’s like jollof rice the 344% all over again!

Also used the watch and said it’s published in her first book so she’s told on herself there. Explained everything on tattle has solid evidence behind it so this court case will only generate a podcast running through it all. Husband can’t understand why there isn’t already a podcast, tbh me neither?! The hello fresh and square space ads would be so apt as Jack needs desperate help both cooking solids and maintaining a website.
OMG pal, let’s do a true crime podcast! The Slop Thickens, it should be called. We can interview all the big players, week by week, Leggy would be a real coup. I have a legit cockney accent so I will add a certain authenticity 💅

The only people in my genuinely working class upbringing who got something like a fancy watch on a big birthday, were kids whose dads were involved in a bit of skullduggery. Which I do not for one minute believe was the case for Big D, I think they actually just had money.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Babe, same.

I think part of it on this is that compared to Lozza et al she looks good, but that's a veryyy low bar. I'm just hoping a journey (ideally not from the daily mail) looks into her and publishes something that finally shatters the illusion.
i think she has seriously underestimated Lawrence Fox. The judge told both parties to go away and sort it out, Fox has refused and is demanding a jury trial. Reading a bit about the case, I can see why and, if he can get one, he just might win.
He says his costs so far are half a million. Someone is bankrolling him and happy to continue to do so it seems.
Jack's fucked isn't she?

Lozza doesn't give a toss about being taken to court. Jack has to got through with this or no one will take her threats seriously ever again.

Reactions: 52
The only way Jack can get herself out of appearing in court is to save face by having a huge Jackcident or OH-type of distraction, think, "He/She said yes! We've decided to go forward without any negativity clouding our future 🥰."

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
I just want to get one thing straight because in Jackworld ....

download-31.jpg

OK so am I right in saying that Jack inserted herself into the Lee Anderson foodbanks statement in parliament to the point of spending an entire week talking about it in the media (the Eddie Mair show etc) and on her twitter feed, wrote a statement comparing him to Prince Andrew at Pizza Express, then a 3,000 word ~essay~ making it all about her and her alleged suicide attempt .... and he didn't respond at all, until he did one interview at the end of the week when he was asked about her and replied with a couple of sentences in the middle of a longer interview? And that's what *Jack's* suing *him* for?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 90
It
Same. I thank my lucky stars I found these threads.
IIRC, Jack claimed to have been expelled just before taking her GCSE exams, and the school let her take them.

She also claimed that the school expelled her and didn't tell her parents. 🤷🏼‍♀️
That would never happen. I went to a rough as hell school and all parents were notified when their kids got expelled. They maybe told her they wouldn't tell her parents but they would have had a legal obligation too or else they would have gotten into trouble.
During school hours we are their responsibility and if they had of expelled her without parental knowledge and something happened to her they would have gotten into big trouble.

I don't believe she was expelled. She seems to know very little about it. Suspended maybe.

Reactions: 35
Well this has been a strange and wonderful weekend.
I've still got another 15 pages and I was only offline for a couple of hours.
My head is still reeling from events since Friday, is this actually happening?
Turning on the telly to see Omid Djalili dressed as some sort of tudor servant and some dancing horses isn't really helping me either.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Someone's linked to the Wiki on that MN thread and it's still up half an hour later.
Is there any way of telling when we get extra views/lurkers over here? Because I’m willing to bet we’re getting a LOT of new traffic. Good job we have all the receipts. 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Any abuse she’s getting now is abuse she’s invited to her door thanks to sharing and being such a dick about all this. If she was that upset she could’ve dealt with it quietly but she tried to start a pile on instead because all she saw was pound signs.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
The worst thing is all the fools lacking in critical thinking and raving that jack will make mincemeat of Tories will still be raving for her once she trots out an excuse as to why nothing is happening. They just love the ideology of her.

Is there any way of telling when we get extra views/lurkers over here? Because I’m willing to bet we’re getting a LOT of new traffic. Good job we have all the receipts. 🙂
Tattle had 5 clicks from Mumsnet in the last 30 mins. Realistically Mumsnet isn't anywhere near as big as it portrays.
Screenshot_20220515-214051_Analytics.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Completely unconnected, other than it being a classic example of somebody not checking their facts before going onto the Internet - get this

View attachment 1269469

Harry Corbett created Sooty.

Harry H Corbett was in Steptoe and Son.
I don’t know why anyone trusts the media to be arbiters of truth.

I think that Jack will never, ever be exposed, because she is so entrenched in the media.

To admit that she is a fraud would be to admit they don’t bother fact-checking, and will studiously avoid fact-checking over the course of a decade while their pet pov exposes herself more and more.
They’ve dug themselves in too deep with her, especially the Grauniad and the Southend Echo.

Reactions: 34
Jack's fucked isn't she?

Lozza doesn't give a toss about being taken to court. Jack has to got through with this or no one will take her threats seriously ever again.
You absolutely could not buy the amount of publicity Monroe has given their party this weekend and the traffic she has driven their way.
Theres a real gap on the right since Farage faded away and Fox intends to be the man to fill that gap.
No, he isn’t going to stop. Why would he? He probably can’t believe his luck.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
The watch as a present is surely one of the most clear signs she’s not WC, yet no one else sees it?! Maybe the reason they don’t is because they don’t see that as an unlikely milestone present in a family? Not to be all ‘poor me’ but I still cherish a £100 bracelet that I had for my 16th birthday. My nanny (who is sadly dead now) said if I could save up half, she would get it for me. It was a lot for me to save up and a lot for her to spend. No one I know, even my richer friends had anything like a Seamaster. The jealously of one of them getting a Baby-G watch was bad enough 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
I have twitter which is mostly political. I’ve met some nice people from it but apart from that I could do without it. I only keep Facebook as I have photos on there I want to keep

Currently I am spending most of my free time off here on Duolingo. Went on to try and learn Scottish Gaelic as my family were native speakers but it’s bleeping hard so I am doing Czech Russian and German instead

Yes troops. Russian is easier than Gaelic... but it won’t defeat me 🤣

Keeps me away from arguing with folk on twitter over Monroe

For context I have my higher German and there is a very slight crossover between all 3 languages but I need to stay off Twitter so duolingo it is
I’m on Duolingo too! Feels a bit more productive than here, which is where I spend most of my time. 😄 (Doing Swedish - I already speak another Nordic language so it’s not too hard so far. Though it does seem a bit fixated on turtles).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.