Jack Monroe #304 Very middle class

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if she can answer the question - Jack, when was the last time you physically set foot in a Foodbank? When was the last time you actually did anything that used even a moment of energy to physically help someone in any tangible way? No. I don’t mean tweeting about the Trussel Trust, or creating online jumpers with questionable slogans (the money you received still unaccounted for). I mean, when have you ever spent any energy or any of your own (earned) money, on people in poverty? I’ll wait, pal.
That would be the time she donated all her unwanted tins of prunes that she got from Del Monte. I bet they’re still on the food bank shelves.
And then there’s the time she donated some tins which she’d covered with post-it’s with her name on (🙄). They were probably freebies she’d been given too.
But has she ever actually volunteered at a food bank? Highly doubtful - or we’d have seen the pics.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I can’t stand Hopkins but Monroe seems way too gleeful about the fact that she sent her into bankruptcy and that she lost her home because of that legal action .

Monroe also in my view milked the depression she said she had as a result of taking the action on and that was one of the many excuses she made as to why the kickstarter book was so late. Poor me. Bad mentals. It’s just one cycle of self pity after another.

'I've been severely depressed, on antidepressants, relapsed into alcoholism/drug use and attempted suicide by means of pumble poking and other extremely detailed means as a result of his comment that I made sure half a million people knew instead of the couple of hundred that are vaguely interested in his actions'

'But you're always severely depressed, regularly on antidepressants, describe frequent relapses into addiction and suicidal? Here are the tweets you've made on the subject over the past years. And blog posts. And everything else. It's unfortunate that you struggle with your mental health, but this is a constant in your life irrespective of the case you have brought against our client'

'That was then, this is NOW'.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Screenshot_20220514-140618_Chrome.jpg
I'm not at all knowledgeable about legal stuffs but I found this interesting regarding a case that Elton John brought to court. By my understanding this was thrown out because it was written in an entertainment section and not as a serious news report and so the tone of the piece was what was considered important. Similarly, The Reclaim Party piece is very much in keeping with the tone of their previous scathing articles/interviews. By their very nature they claim freedom of speech and the right to air their opinions. The remark was flippant, the use of the word 'probably' clears the claim of fact and had it not been for JM highlighting it, it would have reached a very small audience.

As for 'takes from the poor' and is a 'self proclaimed saviour', well, no contest, your honour. In my opinion. Allegedly, etc.

• Heart
  • Sad
She is basically trying to exterminate anyone who encroaches on her’patch’.
If the poors learn to cook, Jack won’t be their saviour and she won’t sell books or be on TV. Even though she claims that she doesn’t earn any money from her work. A wolf in sheeps clothing.
Seeing her say that she ‘only’ got £24K from the Katie Hopkins case should have showed the squigs Jack’s attitude to money. But they’re fools.
She only got 24k and bought herself a sofa. But guess what? The delivered the wrong one. And they said to her “our mistake, you keep it” and then they brought her another one. Can you believe it? We couldn’t.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
I actually think it’s hilarious that everyone is lauding her for supposedly giving away a collection of tit books to food banks. She does duck all for people in poverty and she knows it too hence the over dramatic reaction when someone suggests she’s grifting off poor people. This is just to cover the truth up. It’s sabre rattling. No more than that. Tiffin also takes money from people who have nothing and he has no qualms about doing so. He set up a media company and declared that he was a journalist so that people could donate to his work. They are two of a kind. Always rattling that PayPal tip jar. His wife was crowdfunding at one point as well.

As I would have said at any point if handed a copy of this shite (or any other, such as Nigelissima or anything that contains edible food) - what do you expect me to do with this? I can't eat a bleeping book.

(even before you take into account that poverty is also correlated with lower levels of literacy and numeracy; nobody with a reading age of entry 2 is going to be able to make head nor tail of literally anything she has ever written. Her books are completely inaccessible to the very people most likely to need food bank and other support).

• Heart
Reactions: 39
The thing is, with Katie Hopkins, she did actually have a case.

This time? As I believe someone once said, "The square root of duck all will always be duck all".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Was this her "plan" for the 🥺 forever home 🥺all along? Wait for someone of sufficient prominence to say something she could seize upon with the libel angle, amplify it as much as possible so as to maximise the alleged damage to her reputation, then take them to the cleaners? She's that lethal combination of unbearably cocky and spectacularly thick so I can actually imagine her thinking it would work.
BIB - thread title?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I think she’s just a gobshite who is so full of herself she cannot take any kind of criticism and because she won the Hopkins case has got used to threatening people who criticise her with legal action. She needs to bear in mind that she could lose. Like. Back to this point. What has been said about her that isn’t true. She IS a grifter who takes money from people who have less than her. That isn’t libel nor is it slander.
It’s quite clear that she doesn’t care who the money is coming from. That’s why she never includes wording to the effect that people shouldn’t donate if they are struggling (others do this). She takes money on Patreon and doesn’t even provide the promised benefits - that shows complete contempt for her supporters.
And that’s before we get to people on benefits, carers allowance etc. and the woman who donated from her winter fuel allowance.
She thinks she deserves it. No one has ever been as poor or as deserving as she is, so she doesn’t care if they’re donating their last £1.

Reactions: 30
As I would have said at any point if handed a copy of this shite (or any other, such as Nigelissima or anything that contains edible food) - what do you expect me to do with this? I can't eat a bleeping book.

(even before you take into account that poverty is also correlated with lower levels of literacy and numeracy; nobody with a reading age of entry 2 is going to be able to make head nor tail of literally anything she has ever written. Her books are completely inaccessible to the very people most likely to need food bank and other support).
Which she would know, had she been raised in a Pov area like I was. Over 20 years of living there, watching generational trauma, addiction, barely attending school, repeating itself, etc.

Reactions: 24
Only just watched the clip on the reclaim channel. I can't see a shred of slander in it.

Oh wow, Jack really has got her knickers in a twist over nothing. I bet she is bouncing off the crappy bungalow walls at this point. Fizzing with rage. Her irl family/friends must be able to see all this unfolding, why don't they intervene and tell her to behave herself? Especially if it could trigger a relapse. Jack is incapable of lying, so they must not care for her wellbeing by her own logic.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
As an NI frau I remember Arlene Foster’s defamation trial against Dr Christian and the reasons she won such a large pay out.
She didn’t go onto twitter drawing attention to it and gloating about how many views and what she would do with the money etc
Her legal reps asked for it to be deleted which was ignored.
He then proceeded to refuse to engage properly with the courts but did play the mental health card when challenged.
his mental health claims were refuted by his own pod casts and behaviour online.
If I remember correctly He has now tired to grift from the LGBT community I I believe for an appeal, trying to play up against Arlene’s old party (DUP) links

His fundraiser only has £10 000 raised and he has a much higher public profile than Jack.

The reason Arlene got high damages was because him claiming she had an affair cut right to the heart of who she is, she stood for parliament on the basis of being a committed Christian and family woman. Obviously being the first minister (Or whatever they call it in NI) is a far more serious job with a hell of a lot higher stakes than going on Lorraine and making fish paste noodles so the damages would be higher.

I'm loving how she says the white wing are trying to discredit her personally because they can't argue with her message then made that horrible comment about the MP looking like Prince Andrew after he has done an all nigheter in Pizza Express, and as of last night that phrase was still up. I can't wait for that one to come out in court.

No lawyer will take this on once they realise she hasn’t filed tax returns for two years. They can’t defend her for “loss of earnings” because she doesn’t declare them.

And posting her private PayPal details is beyond the pale.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Forgive me but won't the first port of call be cease to desist? Then court?
No, the first port of call will be to encourage people to view it.
Her first tweet states 19,300 had seen it.
Less than a day later, it's over half a million.
And she is still arguing with, and attracting attention to, the people she claims to be suing.

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.