Jack Monroe #304 Very middle class

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just can’t understand how saying someone earns more than the Prime Minister is libel. I admit I’m not a legal Frau but still.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
This is like the ‘how it started’ bit. The ‘how it’s going’ bit is her telling the judge how stressful it was for her, how she really was scared to even go online, and how exhausting and traumatic it is for her to to have to come to court.
I just hope she knows what's she's doing. Good luck pet!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
This is like the ‘how it started’ bit. The ‘how it’s going’ bit is her telling the judge how stressful it was for her, how she really was scared to even go online, and how exhausting and traumatic it is for her to to have to come to court.
Her Billy Big Balls energy is a great example of how scared and bullied she is......

(Honestly, the internet gave Jack enough rope and boom, she's hanging herself.)

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Thread title nomination:

Look What You Made Us Do

Her Billy Big Balls energy is a great example of how scared and bullied she is......

(Honestly, the internet gave Jack enough rope and boom, she's hanging herself.)
The best thing my Great Gran ever taught me was that saying. Oh boy. Its led To spectacular chaos and my life is rather dull, so for Jack…

Reactions: 18
I just can’t understand how saying someone earns more than the Prime Minister is libel. I admit I’m not a legal Frau but still.

There's an argument that if your brand is being poor then someone saying you're not poor is damaging to your reputation.

Reactions: 27
30 pages behind but it's glorious to see Jack's usual tactics of bullying and intimidation not working.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41

Babe, same. I mean, if someone said that to me, I'd just laugh and say "no I don't". Case closed.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
There's an argument that if your brand is being poor then someone saying you're not poor is damaging to your reputation.
I’ve heard better logic from my 6 year old, such as “If you don’t let me (I forget what it was), I will wee myself on purpose, and then what will you do?”

Erm, laugh cos you’re the one angry and covered in piss, not me?

^ That will be Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
She expected them all to back down like the poor squigs do when Jack decides to go on the rampage. But they didn’t. And I can’t wait for the court case*

*Not that I believe it’ll happen. There is no way a lawyer has taken this on on a no win no fee basis.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Dealing with real life BS but waving from the sidelines, you meganinnies! 😍

rains.JPG

Bless her, all she wanted was to create a bit of a fuss and get famous. You'll never be Greta, sweetheart!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I’ve heard better logic from my 6 year old, such as “If you don’t let me (I forget what it was), I will wee myself on purpose, and then what will you do?”

Erm, laugh cos you’re the one angry and covered in piss, not me?

^ That will be Jack.
I doubt it will stand up in court, but that'll be the argument.

Reactions: 22
Don’t you mean: “and no other lawyer will take on a working class, lesbian, tattooed, disabled, transgender, poor, Cypriot, ADHD, alcoholic, leftist, poverty campaigner single parent with an Irish Mammy”
“and no other lawyer will take on a working class, lesbian, tattooed, disabled, transgender, poor, Cypriot, ADHD, alcoholic, eloquent, leftist, poverty campaigner single parent conventionally attractive white woman with an Irish Mammy”

Lest we forget her two newest. Honestly that idiot attaches so many labels to herself she must have an industrial sized label setup in that crappy bungalow
E714490C-75E5-464C-8AA4-DAB05A8F4150.jpeg

I’ve got a simple one-and-done label for you Jack, that encapsulates you perfectly. And Bonus! A new hat for you too!
A688DB50-DB96-467A-A011-BF4422624BE1.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 34
bleeping hell. That tweet alone will mean some of us will be grunking for the foreseeable. I'm BUSY.
🤣
I am recently new to this thread but old of this parish. I cannot get over the sheer arrogance and stupidity of this woman.
I started following her because I was looking for cheap uncomplicated recipes, yet I get offered arrogance, indignant and fried banana skins and the most unappetising recipes. Yet so many think she is some kind of saint of the poor.

This thread is a complete eye-opener. If her latest legal threats expose her for the grifter she is, all well and good.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
And you're right, it is entertainment for them, in the same way that it's entertaining us that she might finally get her comeuppance.
To paraphrase Janis Ian - at least we and Regina George know this.

Encouraging Jack Monroe to go to court does not mean you care about Jack Monroe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Forgive me but won't the first port of call be cease to desist? Then court?
What will probably happen is that Jack's lawyer will write to / email them and say "withdraw what you said, post an apology and give money to food banks". Their lawyers will write back saying "lol no". And then it will proceed from there.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.