Jack Monroe #304 Very middle class

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As if a lawyer would have a last minute meeting on a Friday night! You’re not important Jack, you just think you are.
I also would not want to get on the wrong side of Laurence Fox!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
And someone giving her money from their Carers Allowance. Too much, just too much.
For a legal case which might not happen and likely won’t.

Where will the money end up?
I really hope the questions are asked.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
You know what. I’m glad it’s right wingers that are taking her on because left wing people who know she is on the grift have sat in silence for too long.
Agreed, though I think her main / only support right now is from authoritarian centrists. I think most of the left try to ignore her as much as possible because she's a freaking liability, but it's fairly clear she doesn't appeal to anyone other than people who don't know about her dodgy history and the centre right.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Screenshot 2022-05-13 21.29.10.png

You wouldn't know him, he sits in another court but he is real and he did say it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 159
There's also the aspect that something can be substantially true even if it's not quite right. If, in saying she earns more than the PM they were indulging in a bit of hyperbole to make the point that she earns more than she lets on, then they wouldn't be completely wrong even if they're wide of the mark on the figures.
The fact she said she didn’t earn enough to pay tax in the ‘missing year’ April 2019-March 2020 could come back to bite her.

this feels like the natural full circle conclusion of the fact in the KH Hopkins case no one actually looked into Jack as everyone hates the pantomime baddy that was Hopkins so decided Jack must be good. In Scottish parlance reminds me of that scene at the end of brave heart where the legend of William Wallace was spread.

I can’t believe I’m reminiscing back to the halcyon days where we thought Steve Dresserman was going to win squigg of the year at the sloppies but it looks like Lozza could now be the odds on favourite for mentioning the tax!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.