Jack Monroe #304 Very middle class

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thought that she might, somehow, end up getting her spite orangery out of all this is making me feel bilious. I wonder how much has landed in her PayPal account since her tweet? Still, it's OK, as she's promised to donate it all to charity if it turns out it isn't needed. Because she's famously so transparent about this kind of thing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
The thought that she might, somehow, end up getting her spite orangery out of all this is making me feel bilious.
She won't from this. Her career has peaked and she squandered her many many opportunities.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Oh, great.

It's Super Saturday tomorrow, according to Mr D - football AND Eurovision.

And now we have her putting her longterm career plan into action - find somebody she can sue. This is her life's work; litigant.

I won't know which way to look. But I'll be laughing my bleeping head off when she realises that this means every penny she has made over the last few years will be public knowledge. Every mayonnaise Instalive, every sniffing radio interview that she managed to turn up for, every magazine peelings recipe, every penny of furlough - every amount spent on the Aparthotel, Diva photoshoot - not one penny that has crossed her sweaty and dirty palms will go unnoticed. As will any mention of grammes of substances. Will she get sympathy for being so very, very poor if there's evidence that she's shoved thousands of pounds up her nose on on her gums? I think not.

Expect iPhones flying off the pier at Southend any moment now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
The thought that she might, somehow, end up getting her spite orangery out of all this is making me feel bilious. I wonder how much has landed in her PayPal account since her tweet? Still, it's OK, as she's promised to donate it all to charity if it turns out it isn't needed. Because she's famously so transparent about this kind of thing.
Remember all the proceeds to various charities she has promised 🙄
Never to be seen or mentioned again.
A very good point was made earlier (sorry not to remember who made it) about charity donations not good enough for Greedy Jack. She wanted money to buy her house. Subsequently changed to 'I'd donate it all to charity'.
Like. duck.

Reactions: 57
Oh goodie, the meeting should be over now . I'm getting into my jimjams and making a nice drink .

Ok jacki, recommence please!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
She won't from this. Her career has peaked and she squandered her many many opportunities.
This!

Also the money she received off KH was due to lost work from those claims. She’s now claiming she doesn’t even make £12.5k a year, so how could any damages payout possibly exceed that? The UK doesn’t do the emotional damages tit the US does, it has to be documented loss. The tangled web we weave ey 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ps in the spirit of fairness LF’s tweets have now been scraped too. Pls flag any other accounts that need it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 87
As the late and v great Warren Zevon (nearly) said

I said I'd sue for slander
I took a little risk
Send lawyers, squigs, and money
Dad
Get me out of this

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
How can they not see they are proving the "other side's" point?!

View attachment 1264683
I don't know how anyone can actually support Monroe at all.
It's like they just hand wave away all of the Screenshots and evidence of her being the Griftiest grifter since Grifty The Drifter Grifter.
It is bizarre. Do people not see it or do they choose to believe it's fake?

Reactions: 46
I wish they had of said she earns more than an MP, because that's very possibly true. Especially as all these "legal donations" and teemill money should count as income.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Yes, but so do her children. Really worth celebrating that isn't it. They didn't choose their Mother.
Right, plus they obviously think it's a punishment to like... live in a home you don't own, which is true of most people? These Jack supporters seem like a lovely bunch /sarcasm

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
IMO, this is a completely different situation to the case JM won in which KH had entirely the wrong person, which was a slam dunk. I don’t believe this is along the same lines at all.

Reactions: 52
I’m all caught up and I’m still not quite sure how JM thinks she’s been “libelled”. They said she was middle class ( she is), that she takes money from poor people ( well if she’s taken one penny from someone on benefits, then she does) and she probably earns more than the PM (does she really want her income forensically examined by lawyers?)
Fox is repellent but he’s no one’s fool, he’s baiting her into making even more indiscreet remarks. Tweeting about making enough to buy a house and openly soliciting money for a case that hasn’t even begun won’t go down well in the Old Bailey.
JM needs to be really really careful, she has far more to lose here than Fox.

• Heart
Reactions: 91
Remember all the proceeds to various charities she has promised 🙄
Rrrreallly hoping that they dig into this to look at the £68k she made from her Cooking on a Bootstrap kickstarter, and where that money went.
ETA as well as the teemill shop which is still live and for which she's accounted for only the first day of fundraising.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.