Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MoreViolence

I haven’t been on for like a month and a bit. But this week she has been playing the menace. So I’m back to join in on the convo. This is gonna be juicy.
8B56CB7F-B70F-4B1B-9BB3-45BD79DE25D5.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 28

floozifer

Inadvertently I reckon jack bankrupting Katie Hopkins did her more good than harm. It seems to have set her off on a new career as a sort of stand up conedian all over the US.looks like she's doing alright. Can't stand the woman's views but her Instagram posts make me laugh sometimes ( first time I've ever said that out loud)

• Wow
Reactions: 27

Onestorytoomany

VIP Member
When you think about it she's always bangs on about how much she does for free and the rattles the tip jar. She also keeps saying for every book she sells makes her like 1p.

I kind of get it now because looking at her Amazon books the latest comments on most of them are from before COVID. I know not everyone who buys comments but say she only clears 200 books a month that's 2 pound. Paterson is much quicker.

MoreViolence

So my question! Does she actually have a case? As I don’t personally see it. But the flapping about it. Is something else. Also views on videos. When they are forcing the views up. And quite clearly stating that’s what they are doing. I’m so baffled. What a mess 🫣

L3moning

VIP Member
I just can’t understand how saying someone earns more than the Prime Minister is libel. I admit I’m not a legal Frau but still.

There's an argument that if your brand is being poor then someone saying you're not poor is damaging to your reputation.

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
It’s getting annoying now that everyone’s agreed today the only people that are critical of Jack Monroe are alt-right types. Fucking hell. I’m probably more left wing than Jack is.
I’m defo more left than she is. If she doesn’t dramatically refund LF his fiver we know what way the land lies 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

ednaturnblad

And you're right, it is entertainment for them, in the same way that it's entertaining us that she might finally get her comeuppance.
To paraphrase Janis Ian - at least we and Regina George know this.

Encouraging Jack Monroe to go to court does not mean you care about Jack Monroe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Thankyou x @Brian Butterfield for the thread title. There were quite a few in the madness towards the tail end of the thread so apologies if this isn't the democratically chosen one.

Wiki is the pink button up top. Thread title suggestions in the latter half of the thread only please. Use the words 'thread title' in your nomination and NO SWEARING.

🚨 PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE CURRENTLY CHAOSING 🚨

She has accused Lee Anderson of libel (or slander, all legal terms are interchangeable) when he stated on GB News that she was 'taking money off some of the most vulnerable in society'. Now she is counting the views on the video and talking to her pro bono (or no win no fee - again, all interchangeable) lawyer in Israel to take them to court. Laurence Fox has got involved and even sent her a fiver after she announced people could contribute to her legal fees (for a court case that her lawyer hasn't even agreed to take yet) via Paypal. She is also already planning how to spend the winnings from her court case that hasn't been taken by a lawyer, let alone made it to court and won. The canal are thrilled as we planned our court outfits two years ago and we may finally get a chance to wear them.

If you are looking for the start of the chaos, it's this post in the last thread.
Thanks for the update. I skipped the last 20 pages “same shit, different day” scenario. Hope she is uncovered as a result of this.

• Haha

Onestorytoomany

VIP Member
I do wonder if her assets were worked out how shy she would be from a millionaire.

If she earns five figure sums for one job that's quite a chunk of earnings× that by months and well you just might have a fairly high income.