Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wibble

VIP Member
Maths isn't my strong point but 30k purchased 6-7k books. Pretty sure I've seen a screenshot which showed nearly 15k more final total which would roughly buy a further 3.5k books....how does this add up to the sum total of 20k books given away? Has she done other fundraisers? The only other one I can see is the coronavirus fundraiser she did for TT but no mention of books, just a pure donation to them.
View attachment 1265835
Were Heinz mentioned by name in any of the recipes?

Reactions: 16

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
I’ve covered his twitter handle but he’s well known on twitter and has a massive following. He’s a huge Jack fan. Probably because he’s exactly like her. This is actually comedy gold. He is one of the biggest grifters on Indy Scots twitter. He has had thousands upon thousands. He like Jack was very poor for a couple of months and went viral. He’s had amazon wish lists. He became a ‘journalist’ so people would give him more dosh once the begging for donations dried up. He’s asked for cash for his kid’s Christmas presents and to make up the shortfall when his DLA was temporarily stopped

Im going to spoiler the next bit
i believe two years ago he was up in court for assaulting his pregnant wife. He plead guilty as far as I’m aware. They split and I believe they reconciled afterwards. I saw something on twitter the other week where someone listed all his nasty sock accounts. Thoroughly unpleasant character who plays victim a lot and is constantly on the beg. He was also selected as a candidate by labour in 2017, he was going to contest Ian Blackfords seat I think but details of a previous court case became public and he was swiftly de selected.
Can u give a clue?

• Haha

MeeShellMahBell

It’s getting annoying now that everyone’s agreed today the only people that are critical of Jack Monroe are alt-right types. Fucking hell. I’m probably more left wing than Jack is.
I don't know to which wing I belong tbh.

Somewhere central, couldn't give a monkies that much if I'm honest.

ChactFecker

I hope she has shut up for the night, otherwise I will keep screenshotting, but I have had wine, so look out for some “creative“ squiggling if she keeps going.

View attachment 1265042
Wait.......
Have the pronouns changed again?

Is she not still a member of the LGBTQ<plus whatever can be added without repetition>?

(no offence intended to the actual LGB fraus)

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Darlingbitgauche

They're classed as adult non fiction in my library service. So is it true she would get a royalty fee each time it is borrowed?

Reactions: 15

Cack Conroe

Chatty Member
There's a distinction between racial prejudice/abuse which anyone of any race can perperuate, and which often happens on an individual or small group basis, and racism as a system/phenomenon through which one racial group (in the case of many countries, white people, especially those of an ethnic majority identity, eg white British) subjugates one or more groupsfrom different ethnicities, whether through obvious discrimination or more insidious, subtle ways e.g.police disproportionately targeting black men, stereotyping black women as bossy and so on. Of course it gets muddy because many people class both as coming under the umbrella term 'racism' but that's generally the distinction.

Of course even that is a simplification because factors like religion, class, nationality, regional identity and ethnicity (as generally understood as something more nuanced than race - e.g. members of white traveller communities would often be seen as the same race as white Brits, but not the same ethnicity) also play their part in which groups are stigmatised and unfairly treated.

Might get off Tattle for the night now, the whole Laurence Fox et al thing is making me feel icky and I'm also sighing at how it's just bringing more squigs and blue ticks to donate to St Jackie.
Disagree with the American revision of the definition of racism in the spoiler. Sorry.

Reactions: 14

hellosailor⚓

I agree the fuller convo is for a different time and place but, That's exactly my point, you can't say that racism has a new definition now that somehow magically involves some sort of political or social overtone.

As someone of African heritage I can hand on heart say the most racist interaction I have ever witnessed first hand was between an Indian and a Pakistani. And this happened in the middle of England where the general audience was literally left jaw-dropped.

Race / creed / religion / colour can differ as as much as possible in my eyes but prejudice (aka what racism actually is) will always apply between any subset of such.

My favourite moment from life was and always will be the first time I heard Morgan Freeman (in his role as Aseem in the move Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves) utter the words "Allah loves wondrous variety"

Apologies for taking this slightly off topic. As you were Frau ♥
Sorry to jump in from the past (gawd knows what's going on now!) but I just have to say I ❤ your username 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 14

WTFDidIJustSee

Chatty Member
Wonder how accurate Graphtreon is. I’ve seen it posted on a reddit I definitely don’t ever post on that outs certain people in a certain industry.

Reactions: 11