Jack Monroe #303 The lingering honk of burning martyr..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I couldn’t finish the latest version of self-serving, triggering, irrelevant HORSE SHITE!

Her repeated refusal to use trigger warnings is the biggest indicator for me that she thinks there’s no such thing as bad publicity. How is repeatedly talking about her experience of an attempt at suicide doing anything at all to help people currently? She wants the shock factor, wants people to talk about her, if it’s good, bad or indifferent.

I made it as far as her naming two people that she had no business talking about yet was happy revealing details about their circumstances for effect. I hope their families don’t see it.

Every time you think she can’t sink any lower, she outdoes herself. No wonder she’s so cocky though, it doesn’t matter what she says or does there’s an alarming amount of people lapping it up.

A tip that comes to you from a genuine place Jack - your next piece of writing should be your Step 4. You keep bringing up AA and so I’m going to keep talking about it. Do yourself a favour and do the Steps with a sponsor. Let go of the past (I wonder if there’s a long held resentment from 10 years ago - Old Chief because he accepted your resignation? Your folks?) Whatever it is, it’s not healthy and AA gives you the tools to deal with life in life’s terms, a day at a time. Loads of people have to make peace with aspects of their life and by working the Steps, they WANT to put this stuff to bed.

But I can’t lie, I did lol at the thought of her driving trains!! She gets PTSD from watching an episode of Thomas the Tank Engine due to her many, many train incidents

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
£144 in the bank

Pasta gone up by 344%

44, droopy drawers
I'm starting to hate myself for doing this, but £34 to £144 is, apparently ~using online calculator~ a 323% increase. Pretty damned close, Emma. Reward yourself with a grated mushroom.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
One of my least favourite things about Jack is her love of saying things like "there is a conversation to be had" because she seems to think that saying something should be talked about is the same as actually doing it.

It's like one of my students writing "In this essay, I will analyse Magna Carta" and then proceeding to write a diary entry about their trip to visit their gran. Just because you've announced your intention to say/write something does not mean you get the same points as if you actually, you know, did it.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
There is absolutely no way she is going to bed now. Prepare for an evening of snark, I have a feeling she’s bit off more than she can chew this time.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I’ve just cringed so hard I don’t think I’ll ever walk again. Send wheelchairos ♿

that’s the most David Brent set of tweets ever.
i don’t always get tit right 🫣
I do stuff behind the scenes 🫣
But I don’t talk about it 🫣🫣
Put other people forward for GIGS - right, find the people of colour who now need to be thankful to Jack our saviour for gifting them a career… 🫣
Throwing manuscripts on publishers desks. 😂😂
She doesn’t leave the bleeping house.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Hi, yes actual Train Driver here Toot Toot.
Became one after raising four children as a single mum. Got me out of poverty, feel desperately for people going through that now, wouldn't dream of inserting myself into that conversation as my experience no longer valid as it was over ten years ago.
As for Train Driver:
One of the many intensive tests during the long application process is a criteria based interview during which you answer set questions relating to incidents you have experienced that are relevant to the demands of the role. You are then questioned for an hour and a half to test the veracity of your answers and your ability to think under pressure. Lying or exaggerating your examples will inevitably be found out. Think this is possibly where Jack would fall down... 🤔
Also us train drivers are very rarely thanked for our work, we just get on with it and go home...very little public adulation ( except for the Bourgeois bloke! ) Again perhaps not for Jack.. 🤔
I pay quite a lot of tax and N.I...Something for Jack to acquaint herself with... 🤔
It's a very tight community within Railway staff, the "Railway Family" is real and doesn't have a lot of truck with prima donnas... 🤔
Lastly and perhaps sadly most pertinently of all we deal with the ever present possibility of someone using us as a means to end their life. It's with us every day and some drivers never, ever get over it. We unequivocally do not talk about it as a means for attention or shock value. Never. Ever.
Stick to grifting and lying Jack, we don't want you. I doubt we ever will.
I ❤ the canal - we are an endless supply of surprises and new talents and interests and knowledge. We are legion and also really quite nice.

soppy interlude ends

• Heart
Reactions: 62
There is absolutely no way she is going to bed now. Prepare for an evening of snark, I have a feeling she’s bit off more than she can chew this time.
Jack says she's going to bed normally means a few more hours of absolute mind numbing rubbish, ending with Coops being deployed. Ugh. Really wish she meant it when she said all the electric went off at 10pm in her house.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
My nerves can’t take much more of this. I bet big Dave’s creasing himself.
FF13D61A-CFCF-48E4-8A76-9F56D978DF5B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Haaaaa you know why she’s pretending she’s ever put anyone but herself forward for a job? Because an hour ago someone was praising Queen Trifly D for the work she does to lift up other food writers.

Here’s a tip, Jack: when you do this sort of thing regularly it becomes visible, obvious, and something you become known for. If you can tell us even one person who got their break off the back of you turning down a gig and suggesting them, I’ll happily retract. But I won’t need to because you have only ever thought of yourself and your sideboard fund.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
bits of the essay keep floating up in my mind like pears on top of pumble, the part currently on loop in my head is the OH being "deliciously ordinary" and out of the spotlight, as if she's Dolly Parton and he's the famously private Carl Thomas Dean,
a) ludicrous! it's ludicrous!
b) no one would know either of them from Adam
c) sooooo patronising

ETA, Queen Dolly is famously respectful of her partner's privacy

• Heart
Reactions: 59
There is a history of suicide/attempts going back 4 generations on one side of my family.

As someone who sprinted to her siblings house (on nothing more than a gut feeling) to find them in and out of consciousness with their baby screaming in the play pen, who I then had to scoop up and sit with as the ambo blue lighted the pair of them to hospital, and then watch in horror as staff violently resuscitated them after they collapsed just after arrival at A&E (because being paddled is not like it looks on TV), who experienced the weird time freezing and speeding up as I watched the clock (basic medical knowledge of how long before they’d stop), at some point during this, a Nurse removed baby from my arms to check them over, and finally, the bleeping restarted, and the Hell of ICU, countless tubes and wires, more episodes of fucky heart rhythm requiring intervention over the course course of 23 days, not knowing if they would have brain damage, heart problems, or if they would even bleeping wake up, whilst I was back and forth between there and looking after 3 year old, 18 month old and a 3 month old resulted in serious PTSD.

OD on two packs of high dose antidepressants.

We had been at A&E less than 2 mins when the seizures started and the heart stopped. If we had still been in the ambo… I’d have had to adopt my niece.

Even worse, was telling my Grandparents what had happened, because they’ve already lost a child to suicide, burying a child is beyond horrific but burying a Grandchild just a few years later?

By all means, discuss it, but the casual way it is thrown around makes me feel really unwell.

Me and my kids discuss MH. A lot. But my children will never know the above story, or any of my own history of SAs, (way before my Aunt died, way before my kids were born, was due to me being in an abusive home and frankly at 15 I didn’t know how to escape other than to keep trying to unalive myself). Because they’re simply not relevant and not appropriate for them to know about.

I would be devastated if anyone, ever, casually mentioned it to my kids.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 68
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.