Jack Monroe #303 The lingering honk of burning martyr..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone explain the alligator thing. Why does anyone want an alligator or an alligator sized bath tub? What is wrong with a human sized bath tub. Also it is cruel to keep an alligator in a bath tub. Also what if it’s a baby alligator. I am confused.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
75F7B97A-1B70-426B-B3BD-6FAD3AB84580.jpeg

She's got the fingers of The Onion Knight. When did that happen? Fewer nails to clean now, I suppose.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I have read Jack's latest and am struggling to find the words to articulate my horror. There is something very, very badly wrong with her. I've put the rest behind a spoiler because it deals with the most obvious upsetting part. Feel free not to click, it's just me venting.

As she reads here and we've mentioned it enough times I can only assume she's intentionally ignoring the Samaritains Media Guidelines about suicide. This should tell you something very disturbing indeed about how Jack relates to other people. However I'm almost growing hardened to her continual weaponisation of suicide, the part that is absolutely heartbreaking is the thought of her son reading that. Can you imagine reading that about one of your parents? What that would do to you? Or worse what if someone in school reads it? Kids can be horrible little shits and it's entirely possible one or more of them would target him over something like that. What a horrible, hateful woman she is.
You're entirely right. She's getting more and more ghoulish - remember she said recently that newspapers weren't edgy enough to print her rants about suicide? Since then she talks about it CONSTANTLY. It's horrific. Even that godawful rickets/tickets poem of hers had several descriptions of real, named people who had died by suicide (and came complete with tip jar rattle, of course).

I lost a family member to suicide, which very few people in my real life know, as it's not really a great conversation topic TBH. The thought of someone using his death to score points in an internet argument honestly turns my stomach.

This is also probably the reason why I get so particularly angry by people (usually Jack) writing about it in a very linear, cause and effect way. Suicide defies logic; it's complex, and in each case there are a number of factors that lead to it, including mental health issues which somehow always get left out of these narratives. That's why we, as responsible people, don't talk about someone being driven to suicide, or someone taking their own life because of X. It doesn't work like that, and it's stupid and irresponsible to pretend it does.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Pretty sure we have a train driver Frau amongst us… would love her take on Jack’s delusion that she’d be able to do it!

Mr Goat is exceptionally smart and works in a really difficult and disastrously underfunded public sector and recently got to the latter stages of recruitment to drive trains as he was wooed by the salary, but he sadly didn’t pass. What on earth Jack, who cannot even drive a bloody car and couldn’t possibly tear her eyes from Twitter for an entire journey, thinks she could bring to the table, is beyond me.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say again: the GRANDIOSITY.
Plus, can you imagine the train CHAOS if she was allowed to drive one of the things. All those terrified passengers watching in horror as Jack strarts ripping tiles off the floor and kicking folk in the shins while the runaway train hurtles through stations without stopping. It's the worst idea she's ever had, except maybe The Pumble.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I’ve spent the last few days doing uni exams so haven’t been keeping up here. Last time I looked in it was was Vienetta hats, now it’s an ugly chaos and some kind of terrible new bit of writing that I’d rather not read thank you very much. Good news about TD though, so that’s nice. And frothing cannons? Sounds like a euphemism from a terrible fanfic where Jack Sparrow takes Orlando Bloom up the rigging.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I wonder if any of Jack's followers are going to call her out about her irresponsible writing around suicide? Seems as if she's really friendly with them, always willing to lend an ear! Oh...

• Angry
Reactions: 43
Is the bit about the mattress on the floor new or is that part of the established tale?

Anyway, Jack, when you read this, (and I've said this before)if you really did subject your child to that out of pride when Mammy and Daddy could have stopped it all, you are utter scum.
She probably stayed over at someone’s house on an air bed before and there is the grain of truth.

She’s now trying to turn this whole thing into a racism issue to hide her bullshit behind people of colour. Ghoul.

• Angry
  • Sick
Is she not self aware enough to realise that she is on a base level a "white whinger"?

• Haha
  • Heart
Is the bit about the mattress on the floor new or is that part of the established tale?

Anyway, Jack, when you read this, (and I've said this before)if you really did subject your child to that out of pride when Mammy and Daddy could have stopped it all, you are utter scum.
She didn’t say a mattress on the floor, but I alluded to it so perhaps she’s picked it up.
She said:
F0CB622E-AF30-45CC-8D63-E6672345D0A7.png

i said:
64EB1BE3-0C44-4F4B-9F4E-609D59798315.png

also: could you imagine her as a train driver? “This is your train driver speaking. You might know me as a raconteur, an orator, a campaigner, a journalist…”

and a final also on this post: she has changed what she means by white winger to suit her new narrative. I don’t set out to offend anyone when I say this but Jack could not give two flying fucks about black people or any other minority group. Jack’s main following is white middle class lefties who buy the guardian, have enough disposable income that they can sustain her lifestyle and who bought her books without any intention of cooking from them through necessity.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
retty sure we have a train driver Frau amongst us… would love her take on Jack’s delusion that she’d be able to do it!
Earlier today she tweeted about how if she wanted to be rich she’d just go do it so I can’t imagine much is going on upstairs or she’s really aware of what work is like, or tbh the health of the economy. She’s been afforded the privilege of living in a completely different world from the rest of us for the last decade - both in working from home on Twitter but also getting paid various windfall level sums for very little work, and certainly not for any developed skill set or knowledge.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Pretty sure we have a train driver Frau amongst us… would love her take on Jack’s delusion that she’d be able to do it!

Mr Goat is exceptionally smart and works in a really difficult and disastrously underfunded public sector and recently got to the latter stages of recruitment to drive trains as he was wooed by the salary, but he sadly didn’t pass. What on earth Jack, who cannot even drive a bloody car and couldn’t possibly tear her eyes from Twitter for an entire journey, thinks she could bring to the table, is beyond me.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say again: the GRANDIOSITY.
I knew someone who’s husband fulfilled his life long dream of becoming a train driver. It was hard work. The training is very tough and there is NO WAY JACK would have the concentration and ability to do it I’m afraid. I was happy to hear how tough the training was tbh as there are literally thousands of lives in their hands. But no Jack never in your unscrupulous little crappy hands.
ETA: the interview process was forensic in its rigorousness and she’d fail I’m afraid.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
She really views all of her writing - ‘hunger hurts’ ‘potatoes’ ‘spaghetti-o’s’ as ground breaking literature.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
THAT MAN! was just on telly, making Super Green Spaghetti from his Five Ingredient book. It was strikingly similar to Lingreenie (well, apart from looking edible and delicious) but his book was published in 2017 and her recipe came from Good Food for Bad Days, published in…..ummmmm….2020? Does she have any originality?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.