Jack Monroe #303 The lingering honk of burning martyr..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
YOU WENT TO A GRAMMAR SCHOOL YOU DISINGENUOUS SO AND SO! Which may well be part of the state system but let’s face it unless you’re a genius your parents have paid for you to be tutored almost to bleeping death which requires more money than most w/c families can afford.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I read her essay. I regret it.

For those of you who don't want to go there:

* Jack's understanding of the English language is only marginally better than her grasp of Italian, making it very hard to read. She also clearly hasn't proofread it - it's more slapdash than ever - and it's really a struggle to get through, rather like James Joyce except when you finish you get no literary bragging rights.

* She talks about - you've guessed it - the Poverty, then segues into a story about a suicide attempt the day after she wrote Hunger Hurts. She told the same story in her Pasta essay, and I debunked it at the time by pointing out that she was volunteering, so she DID see plenty of people on a daily basis, and that she updated her blog the next day, when she was supposedly passed out in the bath.

* This anecdote is so badly written that I had to read it twice (I have a degree - real not honorary - in English Lit).

* Then she segues into this really awful section where she writes in graphic detail about other people's suicides. It's bleeping disgusting. You can feel her salivating with glee. She's done this before, it's gross and irresponsible, as we've said here many times.

* She threatens to run for parliament. Her actual attempt to become an MP has been airbrushed from history, and is now on the scrap heap with veganism and the Gaily Mail.

* She talks about the level of "military" planning that one needs to make a weekly meal plan. Fair point - I'm not military round the edges, and sometimes I go to the supermarket and just buy a bottle of wine, a Playmobil fire station, and a head of garlic for my weekly shop. Then I limp home because I've put my shoes on the wrong feet. Oh wait, no I don't, because making a list and going to the supermarket is actually a fairly basic life skill.

* OH likes to say, "Don’t go wishing for an alligator unless you’ve got a bathtub to put it in." I don't know what this means? I mean, don't put an enormous carnivorous reptile in your bathroom, you maniac. Suggestion: OH is not the sharpest tool in the box.

* In conclusion, Jack is allowed to write about budget meals but Tories are not because...well, 3.500 words later, I'm not entirely sure.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 97
I have read Jack's latest and am struggling to find the words to articulate my horror. There is something very, very badly wrong with her. I've put the rest behind a spoiler because it deals with the most obvious upsetting part. Feel free not to click, it's just me venting.

As she reads here and we've mentioned it enough times I can only assume she's intentionally ignoring the Samaritains Media Guidelines about suicide. This should tell you something very disturbing indeed about how Jack relates to other people. However I'm almost growing hardened to her continual weaponisation of suicide, the part that is absolutely heartbreaking is the thought of her son reading that. Can you imagine reading that about one of your parents? What that would do to you? Or worse what if someone in school reads it? Kids can be horrible little shits and it's entirely possible one or more of them would target him over something like that. What a horrible, hateful woman she is.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 89
I know it's really not the point, but the cold bath anecdote just bothers me so much. The way it's worded, the way that cold water is specified, the fact that it gets thrown out there to deflect from criticism, the fact that her kid might read it one day. Just...ugh.

Also, death from an overdose is not 'gentle. This essay is a very irresponsible way of speaking about suicide.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 74
Christ! The cut and paste epic with the obligatory shock suicide story. 🙁

I yearn for the days when I hadn’t heard of Jack Monroe.

How do you forge such a strong belief that you are never wrong? I have a close relative who is becoming spookily and depressingly more like her. They never ever say sorry, not even in that polite British way.
Does she honestly think people are going to read to the end of that irrelevant saga? How OLD are these stories! Ego bigger than...

rams.JPG
Baaaaaaaaa!
(I've seen much bigger in real life...on a ram, I hasten to add. 😳)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Pretty sure we have a train driver Frau amongst us… would love her take on Jack’s delusion that she’d be able to do it!

Mr Goat is exceptionally smart and works in a really difficult and disastrously underfunded public sector and recently got to the latter stages of recruitment to drive trains as he was wooed by the salary, but he sadly didn’t pass. What on earth Jack, who cannot even drive a bloody car and couldn’t possibly tear her eyes from Twitter for an entire journey, thinks she could bring to the table, is beyond me.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say again: the GRANDIOSITY.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
I’m delighted to have a thread. The first one under my current user name. I previously threw the towel in when I was so sick of Jack, and relinquished my old membership (ecdb) though I didn’t go to other social media platforms to engage with her.
I didn’t read all of the new tit because basically it’s old tit regurgitated isn’t it?
She’s a one trick pony.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
upd: Nope, not even my beloved Alan can get me through the rest of that irresponsible, exploitative nonsense. :mad:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
I know it's really not the point, but the cold bath anecdote just bothers me so much. The way it's worded, the way that cold water is specified, the fact that it gets thrown out there to deflect from criticism, the fact that her kid might read it one day. Just...ugh.

Also, death from an overdose is not 'gentle. This essay is a very irresponsible way of speaking about suicide.
spoiler suicide
shes disgusting. I’m really sorry to anyone she’s triggering over this. She scrapes every barrel for attention and money

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Is the bit about the mattress on the floor new or is that part of the established tale?

Anyway, Jack, when you read this, (and I've said this before)if you really did subject your child to that out of pride when Mammy and Daddy could have stopped it all, you are utter scum.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.