Jack Monroe #30 Heroic Jack back to save the day, what shall we eat with our venison paté?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know her “Lifeline” excuse. And, I think we all know, that’s a tad far-fetched to say the least! Some people just live for the drama, don’t they.

Rinsing the gravy of tinned meat? That is literal madness. It would just be bland and indeterminate cubes of meat then? Bad enough doing it to beans! But tinned meat? tit, man, I paid for a couple of “food bank donations” of that book (which I am fed up about) but I am glad I didn’t buy it for myself....I would be asking for a refund!

Reactions: 11
Yes, can track us to our doors can't she? She'd have fun trying to find me, even the council doesn't have our correct address on record, wrong postcode and everything 😂
I live on an incredibly stupidly named road, and the number of disputes we've had over it existing, and not being something else, is ridiculous. At least we're safe 😉

• Haha
I think Instagram is a lot easier to control your online presence - you can limit and delete comments. On Twitter she is really open for criticism (which includes people picking holes in your story).

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I live on an incredibly stupidly named road, and the number of disputes we've had over it existing, and not being something else, is ridiculous. At least we're safe 😉
I am even more mysterious, I live off a road that doesn’t have a name.
Obviously it has been given a name at some point but it isn’t labelled and when we bought the house we had problems with surveys etc because the name wasn’t obvious.
, it’s not even on google maps. I don’t know the name of the road, I hadn’t really thought about it again until I wondered how Jack was going to track me down.
I still get post and deliveries but there are only about 15 houses in my hamlet so it’s all done on house name and postcode!

• Haha
I am even more mysterious, I live off a road that doesn’t have a name.
Obviously it has been given a name at some point but it isn’t labelled and when we bought the house we had problems with surveys etc because the name wasn’t obvious.
, it’s not even on google maps. I don’t know the name of the road, I hadn’t really thought about it again until I wondered how Jack was going to track me down.
I still get post and deliveries but there are only about 15 houses in my hamlet so it’s all done on house name and postcode!
House name and postcode? Fancy!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I think Instagram is a lot easier to control your online presence - you can limit and delete comments. On Twitter she is really open for criticism (which includes people picking holes in your story).
Yup the crossed out part is the main reason why she prefers Instagram! Much easier to hide any comments that mention her lies.

Reactions: 8
Has anyone seek Rebekah Vardy's taking Colleen Rooney to court now?

We can form a support group / communal wardrobe for when we have our libel moment

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Ok Fraus, I'm seriously scared now...
Because of hot weather I made mental note to epilady my legs today so i can wear shorts (please bear with me) I'm wfh at moment so been on laptop in bed. All morning i have been debating whether to do my legs or just leave them (no bugger will see me in garden)
I've just logged on here for catch up and every bloody advert is for epilady/razor products!!!!!
The phone is now reading my mind!!!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I've been thinking of writing this for a while but a virtual meeting with my manager this morning made my mind up.

I've been off work since March, first with sick leave, then special leave, then off sick again. With help and encouragement in regular telephone calls from a support worker from a charity, I finally admitted to the Occupational Health doctor last week that it was my job that was making me ill and severely impacting my mental health, to the point of crying at the thought of going back, self harming and feeling sick at seeing an email from management. I'm a square peg in a round hole, without the skills needed to do this type of management analysis work while I can happily read a government report and write my own report to the board on how this could affect us and outlining things to be aware of and ways forward. The OH doctor recommended management find me an alternative post and won't let me back to work until then. My manager was incredibly supportive this morning and we have another formal meeting with HR and the union on Thursday. She's going to help me fill out all the forms with my skills and contact managers around the organisation to tell them that I'm available to be snapped up! There are actually a couple of jobs recruiting at the moment so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. She did say that I was like a completely different person this morning without that huge weight on my shoulders, back to laughing.

The point is, that like Jack, I'm currently in a role that I'm not suited for, and the constant pressure led to stress, forgetfulness, odd behaviour and damned near breakdown. It took a lot to say that I needed out and that my skillset didn't fit the job, but it had to be done. If I can go back to working with words rather than figures, liaising with people and departments, and so on, I'll be really happy. Jack, you've only your mental health to improve by not putting yourself through all this high stress; you're not a natural presenter whereas I can happily stand up in front of crowds but I've had to realise what my skillset can do. Don't force yourself to do things which you're plainly unhappy doing. It's just not worth it.
⬆ THIS ⬆
Absolutely true and it's heartwarming to see the support you've been given 🧡.
Your square peg comment reminded me of this 'quote' I saw the other day.

IMG_20200623_114213.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Ok Fraus, I'm seriously scared now...
Because of hot weather I made mental note to epilady my legs today so i can wear shorts (please bear with me) I'm wfh at moment so been on laptop in bed. All morning i have been debating whether to do my legs or just leave them (no bugger will see me in garden)
I've just logged on here for catch up and every bloody advert is for epilady/razor products!!!!!
The phone is now reading my mind!!!!!
Look at the photo on post 948 just up this page, if that doesn't spur you into action nothing will!

Just edited to correct - over on the previous page!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.