Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dustye

So I stumbled across these threads after being absolutely sick to the back teeth of JM's schtick and have finally got through most of the threads (working full time and have a one year old so haven't read it all in mega detail!).
Anyway, I've had two indirect dealings with JM in the last few years. The first was through Southend Borough Council, who were a client of mine years ago. Someone on their marketing team, who was a really lovely, no-BS individual and definitely not the kind to spread gossip, told me after a glass or two at our summer do that she was a former friend of JM and they had an ex in common. Apparently JM was known for being an absolute pain in the backside, pretending to be broke when actually their family is pretty comfortable and they moved themselves into a friend's flat for months on end while pregnant. Apparently JM was a total nightmare and made life a living hell for their friend (using non-binary pronouns as as far as I'm aware JM still identifies as NB, correct me if I'm wrong though!).

Cut to about five years later, and I'm working at a PR agency in the North East. We're doing pro bono work for a local charity that works with some of the most deprived families in the country, donating food boxes, arranging classes in cooking, budgeting, child development etc - all good stuff, and all done within the community by people who have been in that situation themselves. Amazing stuff. So when JM releases Tin Can Cook and bangs on and on in their tweets about how much they're donating to charity, food banks etc, we get in touch to ask if they can donate a few copies to give out to families. I chase for weeks and no luck, eventually go through their publisher and get the shittiest print-outs of a few crappy recipes, weeks late.

Anyway, nothing groundbreaking to reveal but wanted to vent! Having one of those weekends!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 91

Blurp

VIP Member
I've been thinking of writing this for a while but a virtual meeting with my manager this morning made my mind up.

I've been off work since March, first with sick leave, then special leave, then off sick again. With help and encouragement in regular telephone calls from a support worker from a charity, I finally admitted to the Occupational Health doctor last week that it was my job that was making me ill and severely impacting my mental health, to the point of crying at the thought of going back, self harming and feeling sick at seeing an email from management. I'm a square peg in a round hole, without the skills needed to do this type of management analysis work while I can happily read a government report and write my own report to the board on how this could affect us and outlining things to be aware of and ways forward. The OH doctor recommended management find me an alternative post and won't let me back to work until then. My manager was incredibly supportive this morning and we have another formal meeting with HR and the union on Thursday. She's going to help me fill out all the forms with my skills and contact managers around the organisation to tell them that I'm available to be snapped up! There are actually a couple of jobs recruiting at the moment so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. She did say that I was like a completely different person this morning without that huge weight on my shoulders, back to laughing.

The point is, that like Jack, I'm currently in a role that I'm not suited for, and the constant pressure led to stress, forgetfulness, odd behaviour and damned near breakdown. It took a lot to say that I needed out and that my skillset didn't fit the job, but it had to be done. If I can go back to working with words rather than figures, liaising with people and departments, and so on, I'll be really happy. Jack, you've only your mental health to improve by not putting yourself through all this high stress; you're not a natural presenter whereas I can happily stand up in front of crowds but I've had to realise what my skillset can do. Don't force yourself to do things which you're plainly unhappy doing. It's just not worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 86

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
So I stumbled across these threads after being absolutely sick to the back teeth of JM's schtick and have finally got through most of the threads (working full time and have a one year old so haven't read it all in mega detail!).
Anyway, I've had two indirect dealings with JM in the last few years. The first was through Southend Borough Council, who were a client of mine years ago. Someone on their marketing team, who was a really lovely, no-BS individual and definitely not the kind to spread gossip, told me after a glass or two at our summer do that she was a former friend of JM and they had an ex in common. Apparently JM was known for being an absolute pain in the backside, pretending to be broke when actually their family is pretty comfortable and they moved themselves into a friend's flat for months on end while pregnant. Apparently JM was a total nightmare and made life a living hell for their friend (using non-binary pronouns as as far as I'm aware JM still identifies as NB, correct me if I'm wrong though!).

Cut to about five years later, and I'm working at a PR agency in the North East. We're doing pro bono work for a local charity that works with some of the most deprived families in the country, donating food boxes, arranging classes in cooking, budgeting, child development etc - all good stuff, and all done within the community by people who have been in that situation themselves. Amazing stuff. So when JM releases Tin Can Cook and bangs on and on in their tweets about how much they're donating to charity, food banks etc, we get in touch to ask if they can donate a few copies to give out to families. I chase for weeks and no luck, eventually go through their publisher and get the shittiest print-outs of a few crappy recipes, weeks late.

Anyway, nothing groundbreaking to reveal but wanted to vent! Having one of those weekends!
Mate....there’s no easy way to say this, but you’ll have to quit your job. This, this here, this is a job. It’s more of a calling, really. We expect total commitment. If you don’t get up in the night for a wee and then refresh Tattle, then you aren’t deeply invested enough in Jack’s flounces.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68

HarderFaster

VIP Member

Delicious

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65

MarmiteExtract

VIP Member
Omg that's amazing! I'll treat myself to a read through of that when I finally finish thread 9 on here 😂
What are you doing, straddling thread 30 and thread 9 at the same time?! Wild. It’s like reading the last page of the book halfway through just to see what happens.

Think of all the spoilers you’re in for reading this far ahead, like *gasp* Jack quitting Twitter and returning the next day, or threatening us with legal action, or making outlandish claims that contradicts what she’s said moments before... oh wait, never mind, those all happen on a regular basis! You’re all good. Carry on. These threads are less like a linear development and more just a revolving door of hooting attention-seeking (her not us).

I hope you’re putting in 27-hour days, nine days a week to catch up, Cottage. It’s what Jack would’ve wanted, bless her soul.

(And yes, I KNOW she’s alive, how dare you insinuate otherwise)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

Welcome and thank you for the goss, this may very well be the coven’s most serious of droughts with JM logging out of Twitter for at least 12 whole hours & you have sustained us.

Another day of silence and I’ll have no choice but to start writing Allegra x JM reunion fan fiction, featuring my favourites off the Leon menu.

• Haha
Reactions: 50

xoxo

442612D7-77D0-4F6C-B7B6-997578E0F424.jpeg

Not sure who this is about, but it sounds familiar...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
I’ve also been thinking (again) and I have an observation but it could be purely speculation m’lud and I’m just musing out loud.

So, I’m gay. And firstly I’d like to say Jack is a terrible role model for all things gay basically because she changes her stance every two minutes. But also, when meeting other gay people they always have illnesses. It’s really weird, when I was on Tinder and talking away they would always have some sort of mental or physical affliction and it’s became a laughing joke between me and my lockdown girlfriend. Which in itself is mad because we still haven’t met after three months because of lockdown and neither of us are poorly or immunocompromised (take note Jack!).

I don’t know what I’m trying to say really, but illnesses and hypochondria seems rife amongst the gay community, certainly the ones I’ve met. For some reason when I’ve spoken to people on Tinder or wherever about it, it’s like some badge of honour for them. It’s really strange, and then there’s me, me and the lockdown girl say we’ve both won Tinder as we have stuff in common at least!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Yel

Chatty Member
I love mayo but I'll be fucked if I'm putting it in a cake.
It seems to go against everything she's claimed to stand for. The vegan mayo is 72% rapeseed oil with the rest being mainly water, sugar, vinegar and corn starch (+ some additives).

Yet she's going to suggest making a cake using this branded mayo that's 54p per 100ml and not cheap rapeseed oil that's 10p per 100ml. She's spent years saying how important every penny is and praises carrots instead of sweet potatoes as they're cheaper. But she jumps at the chance to sell a Unilever product after being given 10k-99k for very little work.

The woman cares for nothing, other than her fame and fortune.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 44