Jack Monroe #30 Heroic Jack back to save the day, what shall we eat with our venison paté?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@BeautifulTrauma I can't quote you cos this is a new thread but I remember Rice. They did a really nice chilli chicken. Manchester used to have 2 of them.
I don’t remember Rice but my first ever Saturday job was in the food court at the Metro Centre. I used to be majorly star struck when the cast of Byker Grove - including Ant and Dec - would come in. I worked in a bit that sold jacket potatoes and for some reason, which makes no sense at all, we sold side salads which were served in seashells. Fancy.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Guten Morgen Hausfrauen hope everyone is good ☺
On the subject of Sunny D - hated the stuff, too gloopy and artificial tasting for my liking. But Um Bongo - oh I loved that drink!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
So the vegan crackling:
Never existed? A metaphor for all her current good works/activism?
She's waiting for somebody else to out in the work and make it so she can accuse them of being all up on her niche without putting the work in?
Contains honey?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
So the vegan crackling:
Never existed? A metaphor for all her current good works/activism?
She's waiting for somebody else to out in the work and make it so she can accuse them of being all up on her niche without putting the work in?
Contains honey?
This recipe includes 'crackling'. It is just fried bread though! Can't find a publishing date for it.

Reactions: 6
Guten Morgen Hausfrauen hope everyone is good ☺
On the subject of Sunny D - hated the stuff, too gloopy and artificial tasting for my liking. But Um Bongo - oh I loved that drink!
Yeh I always found sunny d left a weird kind of film on my teeth .. someone here mentioned you can still buy um bongo, does anyone remember where?. Would love some!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yeh I always found sunny d left a weird kind of film on my teeth .. someone here mentioned you can still buy um bongo, does anyone remember where?. Would love some!
I think it still exists, but I bet it won't be the same 90's formula. Sugar tax and all that ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I've been ill so missed everything since "YOU'RE ON". I have 45 minutes of bath time to Grunka Lunka it.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
My husband and I went down the wormhole of old drinks the other day.
He was going on about Kia - Ora and um bongo. I used to love u- bingo and sunnyd. Unfortunately they’ve took out all the E numbers and sugar so they’re not as good. There’s also the issue of some racist adverts. Especially when it comes toKia-Ora. I also use to love tizer and vimto. My mum thought a twist and squeeze was hydrating enough for a lunch box 😂😂

I remember we got taken to a sunny d basketball event in primary school. So about ‘97. I was soooo excited. I expected the full star, stripes and banners basketball experience.

it was a gym hall in a run down secondary school, in a particularly rough area. The only sunny d bit was the drink at the end. GUTTED

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don’t remember Rice but my first ever Saturday job was in the food court at the Metro Centre. I used to be majorly star struck when the cast of Byker Grove - including Ant and Dec - would come in. I worked in a bit that sold jacket potatoes and for some reason, which makes no sense at all, we sold side salads which were served in seashells. Fancy.
I remember Rice in Manchester. Sadly closed a few years ago. It was great and I used to frequent it frequently!

Reactions: 2
I used to love the ads for Kia-Ora when I was younger - I went through a phase of really annoying everyone by saying on repeat: ‘it’s too orangey for crows’. I only learnt about the racist implications of the ads when I was older. Just looked it up now after seeing it mentioned here and found these two recipes 😱🤢

You can still get vimto - we have a bottle of it sporadically kicking about 😂

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
My daughter had some vimto the other day. Same as everything it’s crap since they got rid of all the additives. I can’t stomach ribena now. Capri suns and slush puppies are not the sweet sweet hangover relief they used to be.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
My daughter had some vimto the other day. Same as everything it’s crap since they got rid of all the additives. I can’t stomach ribena now. Capri suns and slush puppies are not the sweet sweet hangover relief they used to be.
i love Capri suns but remember seeing a couple of articles a few years ago about mould inside them and it’s put me off.... in 25+ years of drinking them I never experienced bad taste but this has put me off

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I had a Capri sun a few months back and was shocked at just how sweet & unlike fruit juice it was considering the sugar tax! What was it like before?!

I know they still do fruit winders but they only do weirdo bleeping flavours now, I miss the orange ones! I assume they’re only doing flavours they can get to pass new food standards? 😂

Also devastated Jack deleted the tweet to Allegra, I was honestly expecting to wake up to more insta thot shots in an attempt to wiggle her way back into that ritzy flat!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The Allegra tweet is still there! Fear not, Hausfraus, our dream of a ritzy West London flat segue is still alive and kicking.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
OK I just had a quick look on twitter after the mention that it's still there, as suspected its not on her twitter it never was, to see the Allegra tweet, for me anyway, you have to click the original tweet to open up the replies and Jack's tweet to Allegra is the first reply, so yes it's still there, but no reply and she hasn't liked it.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Does anyone remember Rise and Shine powdered orange juice from the 70s? I can still remember the delicious totally artificial taste! My mum used to let us have it as a treat.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.