Jack Monroe #30 Heroic Jack back to save the day, what shall we eat with our venison paté?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok Fraus, I'm seriously scared now...
Because of hot weather I made mental note to epilady my legs today so i can wear shorts (please bear with me) I'm wfh at moment so been on laptop in bed. All morning i have been debating whether to do my legs or just leave them (no bugger will see me in garden)
I've just logged on here for catch up and every bloody advert is for epilady/razor products!!!!!
The phone is now reading my mind!!!!!
Im almost at a bear level now, the postman has seen them. I'm past caring.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Fraus, I am HOOTING at our cabal this morning. Jack has made it so hard for her inevitable comeback to twitter now, with the bio change and all. Also that full stop after her name is irritating me.

I wonder if Instagram is now her happy place whether comments will be allowed? As she’s ‘cooking’ vegan, perhaps.

9FCBF28A-F13E-4CB9-8421-48FEC3619AA2.jpeg

😝

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I'm another one with no road name. Only about 26 houses in our village and they're numbered according to the croft they sit on. The croft numbers aren't sequential and are all in the 100s, so you have, for example, 175 next door to 166. Any time our postman is on holiday it's chaos for a few days while the stand-in gets their head around it!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I am even more mysterious, I live off a road that doesn’t have a name.
Obviously it has been given a name at some point but it isn’t labelled and when we bought the house we had problems with surveys etc because the name wasn’t obvious.
, it’s not even on google maps. I don’t know the name of the road, I hadn’t really thought about it again until I wondered how Jack was going to track me down.
I still get post and deliveries but there are only about 15 houses in my hamlet so it’s all done on house name and postcode!
I'm simultaneously in three different places - back of the properties on the road next to where the site is, the road and postcode for the entire road where it actually is - and the road and the different postcode that was applied to the new block of flats in a separately named road/mews development. The place didn't officially exist at all for months and now it's in three separate locations whilst occupying exactly the same place in space. Oh, and the numbering runs on one side of the road and then back on itself, missing out 25 non existent building in the process but including lots of As and Bs (like number 1, 2A, 2B and top flat, 2B....85 on one side, then 35 buildings with their own Name Road off My Road, then 86 - 127 (plus A, Bs, ground floors and the like), a 'house' with numbers 1 - 22 where 128 should stand, then a gap, then the new mews' Name, numbers 1 - 15 (plus some As), then straight to number 162 and 163 - obviously, to avoid TRIANGULATION, the numbers are representative) The only way to guarantee delivery is to add in the comments which end of the road I am, what side of the road I am, what house is opposite and the colour of my door. And I still get calls from confused delivery drivers and I have to guide them in like a deck controller on an Aircraft Carrier.

To avoid doubt, I use the address that is printed on my council tax bill. I'd rather miss a delivery than have them come for me for money I've already paid them.

My thoughts exactly. Ads for, strimmers up next...
Yeah....mine's more the tow behind brush hog or combine harvester stage.

Could have sworn that your body hair is supposed to get thinner as you get older.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Can I just say, #notanad, that for those with dark hair and fair skin a Phillips Lumea is bloody life changing wrt body hair. I asked for one for Christmas, and my bemused partner got me one (while I think suspecting it was snake oil and mirrors, but humouring me cos he's a soppy, lovely, dear man) and I have used it fairly regularly, especially since lockdown, and it has dealt with my fairly distressing chin/neck hair situation (that I used to have to shave every day). Also been using it on my legs and I probably only have to shave them every couple of weeks now and that's just to get rid of a few hairs here and there. I don't normally do much beauty stuff, but my neck used to really upset me. Cannot recommend it enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Can I just say, #notanad, that for those with dark hair and fair skin a Phillips Lumea is bloody life changing wrt body hair. I asked for one for Christmas, and my bemused partner got me one (while I think suspecting it was snake oil and mirrors, but humouring me cos he's a soppy, lovely, dear man) and I have used it fairly regularly, especially since lockdown, and it has dealt with my fairly distressing chin/neck hair situation (that I used to have to shave every day). Also been using it on my legs and I probably only have to shave them every couple of weeks now and that's just to get rid of a few hairs here and there. I don't normally do much beauty stuff, but my neck used to really upset me. Cannot recommend it enough.
This is good to know. I've been debating getting one but I'm quite heavily tattooed on my legs and not sure if you can use it over tattoos?

My ever-growing beard could really do with it though #hirsutehausfrau

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m here Frauen! I’ve finally caught up. Never again shall I attempt to stay off these threads in a futile attempt to get tit done.

@BeautifulTrauma in my epic voyage Grunkaing along the threads I noticed you’re missing Walkers Spring Onion crisps - can I recommend Tayto Spring Onion if you haven’t already tried them? You can order them direct but pretty sure it has to be a box quantity. Not a problem for me, but for more normal people then it might be 😂

Right, off to put in a couple of hours before tonight’s show!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This is good to know. I've been debating getting one but I'm quite heavily tattooed on my legs and not sure if you can use it over tattoos?

My ever-growing beard could really do with it though #hirsutehausfrau
Ah, yeh, that is a problem. I don't have tattoos on my legs (I can't get them done there, because boring medical reasons), but I do have a sleeve on one arm and I can't use it there. I'm not sure what effect (if any) it would have on them, but it does advise not to use it over them and I guess that makes sense, because it's the contrast between hair colour and skin colour that makes it work (I think. NOT A SCIENTIST.)

Reactions: 3
So she’s put another tweet up but it’s just a recipe for banana peel ketchup 🤢 - hilariously Twitter has offered to “translate” this.
It looks to me like there has been an intervention by her management, given that she obviously can’t cope with Twitter and was single-handedly destroying what’s left of her career. So it will just be bland tweets of recipes from now on. (If she sticks to it, of course).
Still no news of that big announcement she was on about. Or, for that matter, about her hugely important work for black food writers and cooks.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.