Jack Monroe #30 Heroic Jack back to save the day, what shall we eat with our venison paté?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I stumbled across these threads after being absolutely sick to the back teeth of JM's schtick and have finally got through most of the threads (working full time and have a one year old so haven't read it all in mega detail!).
Anyway, I've had two indirect dealings with JM in the last few years. The first was through Southend Borough Council, who were a client of mine years ago. Someone on their marketing team, who was a really lovely, no-BS individual and definitely not the kind to spread gossip, told me after a glass or two at our summer do that she was a former friend of JM and they had an ex in common. Apparently JM was known for being an absolute pain in the backside, pretending to be broke when actually their family is pretty comfortable and they moved themselves into a friend's flat for months on end while pregnant. Apparently JM was a total nightmare and made life a living hell for their friend (using non-binary pronouns as as far as I'm aware JM still identifies as NB, correct me if I'm wrong though!).

Cut to about five years later, and I'm working at a PR agency in the North East. We're doing pro bono work for a local charity that works with some of the most deprived families in the country, donating food boxes, arranging classes in cooking, budgeting, child development etc - all good stuff, and all done within the community by people who have been in that situation themselves. Amazing stuff. So when JM releases Tin Can Cook and bangs on and on in their tweets about how much they're donating to charity, food banks etc, we get in touch to ask if they can donate a few copies to give out to families. I chase for weeks and no luck, eventually go through their publisher and get the shittiest print-outs of a few crappy recipes, weeks late.

Anyway, nothing groundbreaking to reveal but wanted to vent! Having one of those weekends!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
So I stumbled across these threads after being absolutely sick to the back teeth of JM's schtick and have finally got through most of the threads (working full time and have a one year old so haven't read it all in mega detail!).
Anyway, I've had two indirect dealings with JM in the last few years. The first was through Southend Borough Council, who were a client of mine years ago. Someone on their marketing team, who was a really lovely, no-BS individual and definitely not the kind to spread gossip, told me after a glass or two at our summer do that she was a former friend of JM and they had an ex in common. Apparently JM was known for being an absolute pain in the backside, pretending to be broke when actually their family is pretty comfortable and they moved themselves into a friend's flat for months on end while pregnant. Apparently JM was a total nightmare and made life a living hell for their friend (using non-binary pronouns as as far as I'm aware JM still identifies as NB, correct me if I'm wrong though!).

Cut to about five years later, and I'm working at a PR agency in the North East. We're doing pro bono work for a local charity that works with some of the most deprived families in the country, donating food boxes, arranging classes in cooking, budgeting, child development etc - all good stuff, and all done within the community by people who have been in that situation themselves. Amazing stuff. So when JM releases Tin Can Cook and bangs on and on in their tweets about how much they're donating to charity, food banks etc, we get in touch to ask if they can donate a few copies to give out to families. I chase for weeks and no luck, eventually go through their publisher and get the shittiest print-outs of a few crappy recipes, weeks late.

Anyway, nothing groundbreaking to reveal but wanted to vent! Having one of those weekends!

Delicious

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I’m going to be honest here.
When I read ‘giant kumquats’ above, I was like - are they going to get roasted??? Those poor animals. That’s sick. Then I googled to see how big a giant kumquat is.

Ah, yes kumquat is a FRUIT 😂
what did you think it was?!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

I just watched Andi on Remarkable Places To Eat this morning, I love her warm personality, her joy at food beams from the tv. Unlike JM 🤣
I soooooo want to go to Marakesh now

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I got mixed up with meerkat.
I thought duck me, are there giant ones, and do people really eat these?
Yeah. I know. There’s no excuse.
Oh God love you.... and bless you for thinking there was a thriving meerkat meat market in th UK 🤣🤣🤣❤❤❤❤

Gives a WHOLE new meaning to 'compare the meerkat'
I know I started the horse offender register, but think I now need a meerkat offender register xxx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Thank you for the TEAAAAA

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Mate....there’s no easy way to say this, but you’ll have to quit your job. This, this here, this is a job. It’s more of a calling, really. We expect total commitment. If you don’t get up in the night for a wee and then refresh Tattle, then you aren’t deeply invested enough in Jack’s flounces.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I am sad the lockdown larder thing seems to have fizzled out. I used to love it when someone tweeted her asking about something slightly obscure and she used to pretend she hadn't seen it, then go off and Google it and come back pretending it was an idea she'd just come up with as soon as she noticed the tweet. Such a phoney.

• Haha
Reactions: 42

Wow. Sounds like she is indeed the person we all thought. That bit about the donation is particularly crappy I think, especially since she makes such a song and dance about how much she does for food banks etc.
(p.s. in an interview a few months back she said that she was ok with “she” as well as “they”, so most of us have just gone with “she” - I’m not sure whether she’s still saying she’s non-binary or not.)

Reactions: 28
Mate....there’s no easy way to say this, but you’ll have to quit your job. This, this here, this is a job. It’s more of a calling, really. We expect total commitment. If you don’t get up in the night for a wee and then refresh Tattle, then you aren’t deeply invested enough in Jack’s flounces.
True. Very true. If i wasn't on lockdown there is no way I'd keep up to date with this !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Noooooo, my kid has only just started sleeping, I don't even have the excuse of having to get my boobs out for the 5th time that night anymore!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Oh God love you.... and bless you for thinking there was a thriving meerkat meat market in th UK 🤣🤣🤣❤❤❤❤

Gives a WHOLE new meaning to 'compare the meerkat'
I know I started the horse offender register, but think I now need a meerkat offender register xxx
I know 🙊

Honestly, I’ll get the ball rolling paperwork wise first thing tomorrow.
I’ll contact the horse offender register for you as well, two birds with one stone and all that. X

I’d imagine it being something like this:
See now, that LOOKS like a kumquat as well! Good find.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Wow has she actually been off twitter for almost 24hours?! If so, I'm actually impressed.

P.s. amended my username slightly.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
According to the lady at the Council, JM is REALLY disliked in Southend, and especially on the gay scene there.
Why doesn’t that surprise me. She’s the type to flounce out of a bar because she isn’t getting enough attention.

Flouncing out like....
“Don’t you know I’ve taken a break from being BUSY and reading Tattle and Twitter to come here?!”

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Shame there isn't a Laurie Penny thread on here, I lived with her for a while and could tell a few things or two there! No wonder JM took KH to court for getting the two of them confused...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.